The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glasgow :smile: we have many topshops...well like 2 off the top of my head and H&Ms xD
somethingbeautiful
Well since then they've built a brand new shopping complex called Liverpool 1 and another called the met quarter (insanely expensive though):

http://www.liverpool-one.com/

http://www.metquarter.com/

ahh ok i take it back :smile:

it did used to be crap tho didnt it?
Gateshead metrocentre everything you need under one roof brilliant
Reply 23
:facepalm: You think retailers like topshop/H&M determine the best places for clothes shopping? Seriously, come on now...
I think Bicester Village (Oxford) is one of the best in the country, filled with absolutely humongous brand stores, from Versace, Gucci and Dolce & Gabanna to the cheaper Nike and Gap. It is like the ultimate for top luxury designer clothes :yep:
For shopping of the city centre variety, Leeds is rather good
Reply 25
Will1692
Manchester? Would say Los Angeles but you said England :yes:

New York wins over LA anyday! :rolleyes:
69 Summer of
ahh ok i take it back :smile:

it did used to be crap tho didnt it?

Yeah, very. All we had as a shopping center was 'St Johns' which is just a chav magnet. :nothing: It has a load of crappy clothes/shoe stores, a 'food court' and a market stall thing.

But Bold street and Cavern Walks are brilliant and they've been around for ages. Again, they're both quite expensive though.

Liverpool 1 is the best thing that's happened in years :rofl:
somethingbeautiful
Yeah, very. All we had as a shopping center was 'St Johns' which is just a chav magnet. :nothing: It has a load of crappy clothes/shoe stores, a 'food court' and a market stall thing.

But Bold street and Cavern Walks are brilliant and they've been around for ages. Again, they're both quite expensive though.

Liverpool 1 is the best thing that's happened in years :rofl:

yhep st johns must have been where i went lmao!
chav magnet is one way of putting it :p:
Manchester. It's not as good as London, obviously, but better than other cities of it's size like Birmingham and Leeds.
I think Leicester is alright for shopping. Plenty of shops, 2 shopping centres, all close in the city centre.
Around me, I would say Norwich. Although obviously it doesn't compare to the likes of London- I'm still rather impressed when I go haha.
Reply 31
Manchester, i work in the arndale, therefore spend too much money :frown:
Reply 32
I'm thinking of going on a bit of a spending spree somewhere for my birthday, but I tend to find London really stressful when I go, so I'm thinking maybe Leeds? I've never been before but I've heard it's meant to be pretty good. Although a lot of you are saying Manchester and Liverpool lol... hmm...
Reply 33
DancinBallerina
Birmingham :yep:

:ditto:
Reply 34
Manchester.. i dont like london to be honest its all too expensive for me
Bluewater in Kent!

Been to Westfield in London, near BBC centre - It's too busy and feels dirty, place is in a slum.
Cardiff Queen's Street is pretty fantastic, but then again I've never really shopped anywhere else - oh except for Oxford, that's lush.
Reply 37
Nearly every big city has the same shops these days. Liverpool's sound though cos there is a good variety of independent stuff.

Chester is nice cos it's quaint.
Reply 38
Liverpool.

Manchester is good, but Liverpool is a lot more compact. Especially with Liverpool One now, all of the main shopping 'bits' are all connected up really well. With Manchester, if you want to go to the Arndale, and then off to the Northern Quarter and then to like, Primark or wherever, it's a long trek. Liverpool has just as many good shops as Manchester really, and it's such a better place to actually do your shopping in because of how it's set out. I don't really like London for shopping because it's too big, it makes it difficult to do a proper shop.
Reply 39
London, Oxford street!

Latest

Trending

Trending