Turn on thread page Beta

Best city to go clothes shopping? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfahad)
    London, Oxford street!
    Oxford St is a mission. No good for a browse.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds

ReputationRep:
    1. London
    2. Glasgow
    3. Manchester ?

ReputationRep:
    Lakside or Oxford St in London big city shopping.

ReputationRep:
    Derby has the biggest Topshop outside of London. That doesn't mean it's that good.

If you're looking for good shopping, go somewhere that has shops that other cities don't.

London is the best for this.

The size of high street branches doesn't make much difference. If there is an item you want that isn't there, you can usually request them to order it in store and collect it later. They won't charge you anything. You can order most items online as well.

Go to London. Selfridges, Fred Perry and Original Penguin are just a few shops you don't get in many cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahlou27)
    Hey, I just wondered which city everyone thinks is the best in the UK for clothes shopping. I know London is probably top of everyone's list, but wondered about everywhere else? I'm talking big Topshops/H&Ms as well as one-off clothes shops... Thanks!
    The Bullring in Birmingham is tops...

ReputationRep:
    I don't reckon you can beat London.
    Leeds has the standard high street shops (Topshop, H&M, Zara, Primark, Urban Outfitters etc.) but also has some really good second hand shops (Blue Rinse, Pop and some others).
    Manchester is also very good.

ReputationRep:
    Easily New York City..Macy's and Bloomingdales

In the UK, definitely London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Derby has the biggest Topshop outside of London. That doesn't mean it's that good.

Go to London. Selfridges, Fred Perry and Original Penguin are just a few shops you don't get in many cities.
    Soon it'll be Liverpool to have the biggest Topshop! And there are bazillions of Fred Perry shops. And Manchester has two Selfridges, London only has one. Poopy.

I think all the major cities have great "one-off" shops, really. Leeds is really good for little independent shops, actually.

Bullring, Birmingham.

No compeition.

ReputationRep:
    Bristols pretty good if you're that way - although you need a car really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    I think Leicester is alright for shopping. Plenty of shops, 2 shopping centres, all close in the city centre.
    Nottingham beats Leicester anyday - better selection of shops, nicer city. Although with the Highcross, Leicester is much nicer Quite like Cult, will have to spend more time there :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester...guaranteed place to find what you want ( obviously only in terms of shopping

ReputationRep:
    I would say Glasgow and Liverpool are the best, Glasgow has a better range, but Liverpool's centre is nicer.

But Milan beats everything in the UK into the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahlou27)
    Hey, I just wondered which city everyone thinks is the best in the UK for clothes shopping. I know London is probably top of everyone's list, but wondered about everywhere else? I'm talking big Topshops/H&Ms as well as one-off clothes shops... Thanks!
    You can't go far wrong in any of the big cities to be honest. Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool - they're all very similar when it comes down to it. It just depends where you live and how far you're willing to travel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    Nottingham beats Leicester anyday - better selection of shops, nicer city. Although with the Highcross, Leicester is much nicer Quite like Cult, will have to spend more time there :yes:
    Never been shopping in Nottingham, although planning to go one day, once uni starts again, seeing as its only 20 minutes away.

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    Nearly every big city has the same shops these days. Liverpool's sound though cos there is a good variety of independent stuff.

Chester is nice cos it's quaint.
    I forgot about Chester, it's really nice there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Glasgow is epic for shopping
    very true

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.