The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Gathered Field & Early Application

Hello everyone,

I hope that this topic hasn't been raised before, but I am wondering if LSE applications made significantly sometime before January 15th can be deemed successful early.

In other words, if I make an application in October or November, and LSE wishes to offer me a place, will LSE notify me in December or January instead of in March?

Also, would applicants in the gathered field be those who applied earlier than January 15th but whose application decisions would not be made until spring?

Thank you!
Reply 1
scherz0
Hello everyone,

I hope that this topic hasn't been raised before, but I am wondering if LSE applications made significantly sometime before January 15th can be deemed successful early.

In other words, if I make an application in October or November, and LSE wishes to offer me a place, will LSE notify me in December or January instead of in March?

Also, would applicants in the gathered field be those who applied earlier than January 15th but whose application decisions would not be made until spring?

Thank you!

I applied on 7 October and got my offer sometime in March. I have around 6-7 friends who applied as well, but I don't know when they all applied. I do know, however, that the three of us who got offers all applied before the Oxbridge deadline and got offers after 15 January.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
scherz0
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

In contrast to UCL, who make decisions based on when you have submitted, LSE base theirs on academic strengths. So the "weakest" candidates get rejected earliest and the "strongest" get offers in December. After that the trend continues.

Latest

Trending

Trending