Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deavsie)
    I had mine done with a needle,
    but before it was pierced the guy used some sort of spray on my ear which numbed it and I didn't feel a thing.

Had it done in January and have had no problems with it whatsoever.
    Numbing spray impairs healing apparently so again not a good idea to use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Numbing spray impairs healing apparently so again not a good idea to use it.
    I didn't know that thanks lol.

I've had two numbed now though,
    one lobe, on cartilage,
    and they've both healed fine to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deavsie)
    I didn't know that thanks lol.

I've had two numbed now though,
    one lobe, on cartilage,
    and they've both healed fine to be honest.
    I had my lip done with it and found out after. Im not sure if its real scientific fact but its been suggested at least

ReputationRep:
    I had my lip done with it and found out after. Im not sure if its real scientific fact but its been suggested at least
    Ah well,
    maybe I shouldn't be such a wuss anyway and just get it done without :p:

ReputationRep:
    Needles are quicker, safer and less painful but cost more [worth it though]. Guns are a bit hit and miss, I got my cartilage done a few weeks ago with a gun cuz it was only £5. My ear hasn't collapsed but the "piercer" put it in a really odd place because he cba to redraw it with a sharpie pen where I wanted it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Lastly do not go to claires accessories or blue banana for the procedure. Hope that helps.
    The blue banana in brum has good pierces and only uses needles?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done a few years back. Make sure you've done your research and you know what size/style you want, aka stud or ring thing, what size etc. I had mine needled, but then the ******* put a stud in when i wanted a ring, so he had to pull the ring through and i chose a size to big and it was f'kin painful and ive got a bit of scar tissue left.

So yea, I was stupid and didnt know **** about it and sat through unnecessary pain. So make sure you know what you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzz)
    The blue banana in brum has good pierces and only uses needles?
    They arent trained properly, they are just trying to make as much money as they can with no regard for the safety and image of their company. I have seen things that would make you weep coming out of that **** box of a shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_da_magpie)
    I had mine done a few years back. Make sure you've done your research and you know what size/style you want, aka stud or ring thing, what size etc. I had mine needled, but then the ******* put a stud in when i wanted a ring, so he had to pull the ring through and i chose a size to big and it was f'kin painful and ive got a bit of scar tissue left.

So yea, I was stupid and didnt know **** about it and sat through unnecessary pain. So make sure you know what you want
    Im sorry i dont want to be rude but you didnt do your research. If you had you'd know that piercing with a ring or BCR puts stress on the site and causes bad healing. It was your fault that the site is now damaged.

ReputationRep:
    I have had all my piercings with a needle - even my lobes, whereas everyone else I know has got it done with a gun. It doesn't hurt, I would compare the feeling to getting an injection but it's a lot faster. The placement of a piercing when done with a gun can be hit and miss if the piercer doesn't have a steady hand, whereas with a needle the piercer can place the needle tip in the correct place before pushing it through. Also, don't get a ball closure ring because the curvature of the metal places pressure on the fistula (the hole) and can impair healing. I had it done with BCR and I found that out the hard way - I now have a lump above the hole where the curved metal pressed against it for so long, but I changed it to a barbell and it's beginning to go down.

ReputationRep:
    They arent trained properly, they are just trying to make as much money as they can with no regard for the safety and image of their company. I have seen things that would make you weep coming out of that **** box of a shop.
    aha i'm not speaking for the company as a whole, i just know that the birmingham branch is good for piercings. The girl that does them drinks in my pub so i know shes properly trained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzz)
    aha i'm not speaking for the company as a whole, i just know that the birmingham branch is good for piercings. The girl that does them drinks in my pub so i know shes properly trained.
    BB still use gins in their shops around the country. Anyone who took pride in what they do wouldnt work for a company with such low standards.

ReputationRep:
    BB still use gins in their shops around the country. Anyone who took pride in what they do wouldnt work for a company with such low standards.
    I agree with Trigger. BB in Brum is dreadful. I had my navel pierced there when I was 16. The placement was so wrong, it grew out ridiculously fast and they used numbing spray without asking me if I wanted it.

I agree that any place that condones the use of Piercing Guns are certainly not reputable.

ReputationRep:
    I got the top of my ear done with a needle. 5 months on it can still be sore..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Oh god this thread has really put me off geting another piercing:eek: . What's involved with getting it done with a needle?
    me toooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Well, I go to Cold Steel in Camden for all mine and this is what they do:
    You go in, say what you want, book the appt.
    Go back, fill in a consent form, pay, then they show you up to the studio upstairs.

They lie you down on a medical couch, put on some fresh gloves and make placement markings with a pen then get you to have a look at it. If you like it, they open the STERILE needle ask you to take a deep breath and they pierce your ear. The jewellery goes straight in on the end of the needle so you don't feel anything.

They get you to lie there for a minute or two, wipe away any blood, and then get you to sit up slowly. Then she'll give you some advice/how to clean it what not to do... and then send you away!
    So do they put something behind your ear, then just push it through? Does it hurt for long?
    Sorry for the silly questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    So do they put something behind your ear, then just push it through? Does it hurt for long?
    Sorry for the silly questions
    They'll use forceps to hold the skin, then push the needle through. It'll hurt for a second or two, then it'll just feel very warm, like a bit of a throb. It'll ache for the first few days so painkillers are always good (paracetamol).

I love getting pierced. The pain isn't something that I tend to think about. I just look forward to wearing pretty jewellery in it when it's healed!

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry i dont want to be rude but you didnt do your research. If you had you'd know that piercing with a ring or BCR puts stress on the site and causes bad healing. It was your fault that the site is now damaged.
    No ****. Thats exactly what I said in my post :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow wish I'd known this yesterday. My 13 year old cousin got hers done with a gun in some beauty salon that stunk of cheap nail varnish. Not good.
    I know people say that Claire's isn't good, but they said they wouldn't do U16s as the cartilage hasn't formed properly and there's a higher chance of it collapsing. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine gunned and it was fine. I did find it hurt more than having my lobes pierced, because it's cartilage.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.