Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so which do you think is better to get a ring or a stud when it is first pierced.... cos i wanted a ring cos i thinik they look nicer, i have also heard they are easier to clean but then they might also put more pressure on the hole....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_da_magpie)
    No ****. Thats exactly what I said in my post :yes:
    Sorry it wasn't easy to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _abc_)
    so which do you think is better to get a ring or a stud when it is first pierced.... cos i wanted a ring cos i thinik they look nicer, i have also heard they are easier to clean but then they might also put more pressure on the hole....
    Straight bar to start and you can swap it a few months down the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Wow wish I'd known this yesterday. My 13 year old cousin got hers done with a gun in some beauty salon that stunk of cheap nail varnish. Not good.
    I know people say that Claire's isn't good, but they said they wouldn't do U16s as the cartilage hasn't formed properly and there's a higher chance of it collapsing. Is this true?
    No idea but there is a higher chance of it getting infected and distorted because of the use of the gun and ******** that work there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Straight bar to start and you can swap it a few months down the line.
    I wish I'd known that before I had my cartilage piercing done. Had it done in Affleck's palace in manchester if anyone knows the piercing shop there.

Anyhoo they used a sterile needle etc but I decided to have a thick ring put in rather than a normal stud. It became very sore and refused to stop hurting even after a month. Eventually I took the ring out and let the hole close up because it wasn't worth it.

I think because the ring was able to twist around a lot in the open wound it wouldn't heal properly....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.