Turn on thread page Beta

bf present watch

ReputationRep:
    hey

can anyone help me think of some ideas what to get my bf for his birthday? he's going to be 23, and i've already asked him what he wants.

he just said someTHING, he DOESN'T WANT ME BUYING HIM TICKETS FOR ANYTHING. looking to spend £50/60. nothing too mushy or sentimental, but more imaginative than shirt/jumper etc, unless something special about that particular one... he likes cricket/rugby/actually most sports. he cycles...

one idea is like a really useful gadget or something... i'd be willing to pay more if it is really cool!

can't think of anything else at the moment and time is marching on. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Does he have a watch? You can get a nice little watch for that kind of money, and it'd have some sentimental value with it coming from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpont)
    Does he have a watch? You can get a nice little watch for that kind of money, and it'd have some sentimental value with it coming from you
    no he doesn't wear a watch. i wish i could be anon when i say this, but for some reason, watches kinda creep me out, so i don't think i could buy him one. lucky for me he doesn't wear a watch anyway!

thanks for your idea though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairycakes)
    no he doesn't wear a watch. i wish i could be anon when i say this, but for some reason, watches kinda creep me out, so i don't think i could buy him one. lucky for me he doesn't wear a watch anyway!

Watches creep you out? I'm intrigued and confused XD But not to worry, thought I'd just drop in the idea

ReputationRep:

Watches creep you out? :eek:

I've never heard of that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Tickets to the Red Bull X-fighters in London on August 22?
    Tickets to a forthcoming ashes match?
    hmm...those are good ideas. i'll have to think about them...

i've mentioned tickets to other games before, and he said he didn't want me to get them for his birthday. i don't understand why though...

ReputationRep:
    check out www.lastminute.com they always have awesome days out and stuff

ReputationRep:
    blowjob wake up

ReputationRep:
    digital photo frame with a memory card in that you've upload a few pics of you two on? you can get a quite good one for £30/40 ish, then some general things he likes as small extras? food/ smellies/ meal etc...

weird he doesn't want tickets! That's the most obvious answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    blowjob wake up
    this

ReputationRep:
    If it's anything to do with cycling that you get him, get him less at a better quality rather than more but cruddy quality. What kind of cycling? 50-60 would get you a VERY nice cycle computer if he's into XC/road riding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figure-it-out)
    digital photo frame with a memory card in that you've upload a few pics of you two on? you can get a quite good one for £30/40 ish, then some general things he likes as small extras? food/ smellies/ meal etc...

i wonder if it's too sentimental. lol, he's just not that kind of guy. his flat doesn't really have that many photos, but actually the more i think about it, it does sound like good idea...

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    If it's anything to do with cycling that you get him, get him less at a better quality rather than more but cruddy quality. What kind of cycling? 50-60 would get you a VERY nice cycle computer if he's into XC/road riding.
    ooooh! i just googled what a cycle computer is..... that is a good idea!!

this thread is why i love tsr. (minus the unhelpful comments)

ReputationRep:
    videogames? DVD boxsets?

unless he's got enough of them :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if it's too sentimental. lol, he's just not that kind of guy. his flat doesn't really have that many photos, but actually the more i think about it, it does sound like good idea...

thanks!

if he is a sporty guy, well why don't you two get your bikes and go biking in the country side?
    like do a day out, especially for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figure-it-out)

Is it weird that I have an image of a framed memory card, is that what you meant? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

ReputationRep:
    How about a Zpen? That is, if he is at uni, or would use it a lot. I really want one of these!

ReputationRep:
    ooooh! i just googled what a cycle computer is..... that is a good idea!!

this thread is why i love tsr. (minus the unhelpful comments)
    For that sort of money you're looking at wireless (no wires connecting the sensors to the computer) and possibly cadence sensing too (tells you how fast you're pedaling) as well as how fast you're actually moving.

Look into Cat-Eye who make very good (albeit expensive) computers. Take a wander into your local bike shop (try to avoid places like Halfords or Partridge Cycles though), small independent shops are much more likely to give you good advice without trying to make you buy it.

ReputationRep:
    If he's into sports then my standard 'get him a litsabre, limited edition Transformer, etc...' probably won't be any good. Heck I'd kill for one of the force FX light sabres, all shiny and chrome, and a Megatron would compliment my 25th (or is it 20th?) anniversary Optimus Prime very well.

The only trouble with buying stuff for a bloke's hobby is that you will invariably get it wrong. The same is probably true of women's hobbies, I'm sure my wife would get a little bit pissed off if I bought her a cake tin, and I know she's said: "It's the wrong Jamie Oliver Cookbook..."

And that is why I get her crap presents these days, after ten years you do sort of run out of decent ideas...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.