Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So Ive known this guy for a short while. He has a gf. We get along well as friends and I thought nothing more of it but he has been talking to me more and more - texting me alot and sometimes ringing me. He is also being very complimentary recently telling me I'm beautiful and he is also very nice about my personality etc. This is the bit that got me, he said he has spoken to me 'more in one week than he's spoken to his gf in a month' and that hes 'waiting for the relationship to finish', but when I asked why he said its because they usually all go wrong.

I'm confused - if he was single I would say he likes me - he keeps asking me about my relationship status, past relationships etc and has suggested that I go and see him (but suggested it subtly). I feel bad for his gf but he really doesn't seem like the cheating type as such - is the relationship just coming to a natural end? I'm not flirting with him and only being friendly etc as I dont want to be the cause of them breaking up.

ReputationRep:
    He wants a threesome?

ReputationRep:
    He's directly made a positive comparison between you and his girlfriend and said he's waiting for it to end.
    Been complimentary, flirty, talking alot, keeps updated with your relationship status...are you deliberately slow?

ReputationRep:
    He does like you yes. and even if he is not the cheating type i get the feeling he is not putting the effort in to making his current relationship work... I think he is already preparing on making a move with you so that when his current one ends he will haev you as its blatently obvious he likes you.. He will end up trying it on with you when he dumps his gf.. just depends if you want to be in a relationship with him now as his mind is made up

ReputationRep:
    He's looking for a ménage à trois

Thanks guys. Im just reluctant to act on it - I mean, if he would do this to his current gf then surely theres every chance he would do it to me too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys. Im just reluctant to act on it - I mean, if he would do this to his current gf then surely theres every chance he would do it to me too?
    Yes, very much so :yes:

ReputationRep:
    He would and probably will... tbh i wouldn't accept it when he trys it onn... as his current gf will turn on you aswel...

ReputationRep:
    I think he does like you especially if he said he's waiting for his relationship to come to an end, but maybe he doesn't wanna end his relationship and go straight out with you because he will feel like he's forced it? If you know what I mean, i know what i mean haha!

ReputationRep:
    It means he's bored with his old girlfriend and probably wants a new one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he likes you, BUT i think you should remind him where his loyalties lie and that he does actually have a girlfriend and until he finishes things with her, calling you 'beautiful' and texting you all the time isn't really appropriate. How would you feel if he was doing it to you?

You may say you're innocent but you know he fancies you, is playing his girlfriend and yet you're still speaking to him - i'd cut my ties until he's single.

Thanks guys - he is not smothering with his texts/contacting as such but its quite regular. I am not responding to his 'advances' (if thats what they are) but just being friendly, and I'm trying not to lead him on.

shameful bump :o:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.