Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know who else would be attending this medicine 'taster course'. It's on the 5th of September 2009.. I think booking is still open or not.. But anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Now you've told everyone about it, I guess some people will be going, though it's probably fully booked by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KumakoXsd)
    I just wanted to know who else would be attending this medicine 'taster course'. It's on the 5th of September 2009.. I think booking is still open or not.. But anyone else going?
    I've been searching for information on it, but can't find anything.
    Could you post a link please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I've been searching for information on it, but can't find anything.
    Could you post a link please?

Here's the link:

Knock yourself out.. =D

http://www.premed.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Here's the link:

Knock yourself out.. =D

http://www.premed.org.uk/
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's shame I have no money left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    It's an Hefty price comapred to the other one which is 20 pounds...I think i'm going to go for that one instead :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I'd say it was a blessing.

ReputationRep:
    Is it fully booked yet?

ReputationRep:
    the best way to sneak into these events, by and large, is to 'ide in the toilets till the event starts. thats if you are really desperate (eg getting into one of st. george's school-style disco events).

wif imperial i dont fink you need that ploy. quite often imperial dont check on who is attending, many of the time that i've joined a queue full of stuffy old biddies at an imperial conference for coffee and snacks wiffout anyone noticing.

in all 'onesty, £89 is far too much to pay for a one day course when you're 18, underlined by the fact that it offers nuffing you cant get for free.
    Go to that Potmed imperial fing, thats much better.

haha i've walked into a medsim event before wiffout paying. the peope who run the event asked me inside! serious, medsim is run by retards of the 'ighest order.

(i wasnt there long though, i'm not enough of a 'tim, nice but dim' enough to stay in a medsim event, now thats serious dimbo territory).

by inference eres another 'ot Gizzy tip - a good time to visit a university is when they ave a conference on. then you can snaek into their mid lecture nosh ups and feed yourself on their wine, doughnuts and other guzzles for free.

as long as you can look as bored and stuffy as the others there, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i went in april..it's not really like a taster course..and personally i don't think it helped much..but that might just be me

ReputationRep:
    me!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i went to this. Seriously, if you have absolutely no idea about medicine then go but if you've been reading up and making yourself aware, then sack it off. As its Imperial, expensive + commuting to london further adds to the cost. All they basically do is show you simplistic stuff and from what i remember, only the last lecture was relevant to applicants, the getting in part. The other stuff was on reading an X-ray where they just preached and suturing an orange (which was quite fun). Apart from that, rubbish.

I think !Mena, Scaryhair and Vas went last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    Guys, i went to this. Seriously, if you have absolutely no idea about medicine then go but if you've been reading up and making yourself aware, then sack it off. As its Imperial, expensive + commuting to london further adds to the cost. All they basically do is show you simplistic stuff and from what i remember, only the last lecture was relevant to applicants, the getting in part. The other stuff was on reading an X-ray where they just preached and suturing an orange (which was quite fun). Apart from that, rubbish.

Oh.. I guess I wanted to go because I felt under pressure to.. Many of my friends went to Medsim and are things in Nottingham.. I kind of didn't want to be left out but yeah this is kind of expensive.. I just want to get more advice and things going on and I already read up on things, but I want to kind of complete my research by speaking to a range of doctors..

ReputationRep:
    Oh.. I guess I wanted to go because I felt under pressure to.. Many of my friends went to Medsim and are things in Nottingham.. I kind of didn't want to be left out but yeah this is kind of expensive.. I just want to get more advice and things going on and I already read up on things, but I want to kind of complete my research by speaking to a range of doctors..
    Don't worry, MedSim and PreMed courses don't really make applicants stand out if they just state they went. All it shows is that they have money to spend, nothing more. If you want to speak to a range of doctors, try to organise it with your GP + also ask in school of any contacts they may have with doctors. Trust me, the people at this courses only want to leave as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    We did. Seeing them was pretty much the only good thing about the day. Okay, the food was good too.

Truth be told, it was a complete waste of time and money. Do yourselves a favour and steer well clear from this scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    We did. Seeing them was pretty much the only good thing about the day. Okay, the food was good too.

Truth be told, it was a complete waste of time and money. Do yourselves a favour and steer well clear from this scheme.
    WHAT! How was the food good? A sandwich, crisps, drink and a chocolate bar? Food wasn't even hot :*(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

I already spend the money ='(...

But I'LL BE PAID BACK BY MY MUM SO THAT'S GOOD.. I guess?

ReputationRep:
    WHAT! How was the food good? A sandwich, crisps, drink and a chocolate bar? Food wasn't even hot :*(
    I had an apple in my brown bag too.

Did you go last year too?

I already spend the money ='(...

But I'LL BE PAID BACK BY MY MUM SO THAT'S GOOD.. I guess?
    You may as well just go and make the most of it. The only reason why I felt it was a waste of time and money was because I didn't really learn anything new that I hadn't already known before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I had an apple in my brown bag too.

Did you go last year too?

You may as well just go and make the most of it. The only reason why I felt it was a waste of time and money was because I didn't really learn anything new that I hadn't already known before.
    I guess you're right.. I have done a lot of research though but hopefully I'll get something new going on here..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.