Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok as the title says - I am off to a restaurant with a friend tomorrow evening. She is going casual, ie jeans and a top, so I was thinking leggings with a top and my ballet pumps. However having another think about it, perhaps what im wearing is maybe too casual?? . . .Perhaps my chequered black and white pencil skirt, with a top and some sandals (which have small kitten heel) will be abit better??? . .

Just after some ideas on what I could wear (but not going overboard).

Thankies

ReputationRep:
    Your suggestion sounds fine

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Ahh okey dokey, i think i will go with my 2nd suggestion then.

ReputationRep:
    dont wear your best clothes to a restaurant if its going to smell!! I used to wear my newest clothes whenever i went to indian restaurants and you literarly could never wear the clothes again.. I'm asian btw so this isn't meant to be a racist comment

(Original post by anandv05)
    dont wear your best clothes to a restaurant if its going to smell!! I used to wear my newest clothes whenever i went to indian restaurants and you literarly could never wear the clothes again.. I'm asian btw so this isn't meant to be a racist comment
    1) I don't like Indian food or would ever go to an Indian restaurant (the food has never appealed to me) so that won't happen to my clothes

2) Im not wearing my best gear out and about as its not a posh top notch restaurant - just a family run Italian restaurant.

You said that you could never wear your clothes again??? . . .this is going to sound daft, but do you not wash them using washing powder and fabric conditioner???? :dontknow: When my mum or dad are cooking Jamaican food, yes my clothes smell of food, but I just wash them and hey presto! they smell nice and fresh afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    1) I don't like Indian food or would ever go to an Indian restaurant (the food has never appealed to me) so that won't happen to my clothes

2) Im not wearing my best gear out and about as its not a posh top notch restaurant - just a family run Italian restaurant.

You said that you could never wear your clothes again??? . . .this is going to sound daft, but do you not wash them using washing powder and fabric conditioner???? :dontknow: When my mum or dad are cooking Jamaican food, yes my clothes smell of food, but I just wash them and hey presto! they smell nice and fresh afterwards.
    lol of course i wash my clothes after but they still smell..until about 3 washes

(Original post by anandv05)
    lol of course i wash my clothes after but they still smell..until about 3 washes
    Then that is some strong curry the people are cooking with! . . lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Then that is some strong curry the people are cooking with! . . lol :p:
    tell me about it!! thats why i always wear old clothes to "smelly" restaurants lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.