Turn on thread page Beta

"The Locals" watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Is it just me who find's them facinating? So many write the "locals/usuals" of the local pub to be nothing more than drunks, but there's just somthing about them.. What made them that way? What's their story? I wouldn't call them "drunks", but they certainly like their ale.

I dunno, I just love it when I walk into a strange pub, come in the next week and find the same people are there, in the same place - doing the same thing, the same rapport with the bartender, shouting across the room to their peers...

They do have a certain, very unusual, charm, just wondering if anyone else get's this...

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    One of them cornered me while I was walking home from school. He demanded to know if I wrote the constitution.

Again walking home from school I saw another one slumped against the back wall of the supermarket. As I approached I heard him groaning and noticed some pink stuff smeared on the wall behind him. As I passed I saw that he had a six-pack of raspberry yoghurt into which he was pouring brown sauce.

Charming people really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    One of them cornered me while I was walking home from school. He demanded to know if I wrote the constitution.

Again walking home from school I saw another one slumped against the back wall of the supermarket. As I approached I heard him groaning and noticed some pink stuff smeared on the wall behind him. As I passed I saw that he had a six-pack of raspberry yoghurt into which he was pouring brown sauce.

Charming people really.
    Oh the fun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.