Turn on thread page Beta

I might be pregnant - How soon can I take a test? watch

I had unprotected sex 6 days ago, really stupid I know...I'm scared I could be pregnant and want to take a test just incase. I'd just come off my period the day before. Do you have to wait a certain time before doing a test? Please help, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You will have to wait untill at least 3 weeks after you had sex.

Best to go and see the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    OP you obvioulsly didn't go to a grammar or private school

ReputationRep:
    Right now.

ReputationRep:
    You are more likely to get an accurate pregnancy test result if you wait until your next period is due to start.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw an advert on tv for a test that is 62% accurate 6 days before you are due for your next period.
    But honestly....what good is 62%?!
    If it were me, I'd wait till the day after my next period were due. Try not to worry about it too much because that in itself can delay your period!

ReputationRep:
    Theres a pregnancy test that u can take 6 days before your period is due. Cant remember what its called. If you did one now and were pregnant it probably wouldnt show up.

ReputationRep:
    You need to wait a few more weeks. 1 week before your period is due so yeah, about 3 weeks from now but even that's pretty soon so might not be accurate.

Everyone makes mistakes but learn by this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.