Turn on thread page Beta

Making a period come earlier/last shorter watch

Basically what it says in the title! I've just finished the 2nd week of my 4 week (give or take a few days) cycle. But I've already got slight soreness in my breasts meaning that I should come on in a week and a half/two weeks (which sounds about right). However, I'm due on BANGGG in the middle of my sun, sand and sea holiday

I'd rather be on my period at the start of the holiday so that my boobs become... un-sore, and I can really make the most of it without worrying about when my periods going to start.

Is there any way to sort of, speed up my cycle and make me have my period even a few days earlier? Exercise? Certain foods?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically what it says in the title! I've just finished the 2nd week of my 4 week (give or take a few days) cycle. But I've already got slight soreness in my breasts meaning that I should come on in a week and a half/two weeks (which sounds about right). However, I'm due on BANGGG in the middle of my sun, sand and sea holiday

I'd rather be on my period at the start of the holiday so that my boobs become... un-sore, and I can really make the most of it without worrying about when my periods going to start.

Is there any way to sort of, speed up my cycle and make me have my period even a few days earlier? Exercise? Certain foods?

Thank you!
    You can ask the Gp to prescribe Norehisterone (sp?) its a drug you take 3 times a day, 3 days before your period is due and it delays your period for as long as you are taking it. as soon as you stop a few days later you come on.

(Original post by 22KT22)
    You can ask the Gp to prescribe Norehisterone (sp?) its a drug you take 3 times a day, 3 days before your period is due and it delays your period for as long as you are taking it. as soon as you stop a few days later you come on.
    I was really considering that - my mum booked an appointment with the GP for tomorrow but I told her to cancel it because I was so worried about the side effects.

What are they? Have you taken it before? Do you feel normal during the week you're taking that pill?

ReputationRep:
    you cant speed up the arrival of your period, but you can postpone it till after the holiday. See above thread.

(Original post by flowerfairy)
    If you take the pill you can run two packs of it together, effectively missing a period.
    If not, i doubt you can do anything to make it come earlier or whatever
    I'm not on the pill.
    Would it be better to delay it using the pill suggested above ^^ or let things be? Just curious as to your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was really considering that - my mum booked an appointment with the GP for tomorrow but I told her to cancel it because I was so worried about the side effects.

What are they? Have you taken it before? Do you feel normal during the week you're taking that pill?
    I have taken it for 2 different holidays and didn't experience any side effects (obviously its different for everyone). I felt perfectly fine... was a little bloated where it was the time of the month but then i always get that. Personally i think its the best option in your situation.

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.