The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Haha me too she's hilarious.

OUCH! :frown: Did he do it on purpose? At least you have a good black eye story though! I just have "Had some teeth out..."

You never know! He might be like that eeevil dentist in Little Shop Of Horrors!

Hehe we could talk about the weather, but it's night so that'd be over pretty quickly :p: "Rather dark, what what?" "Indeed, Basil old chap."

I hope he didn't do it on purpose, but I wouldn't put it past him. He's obviously jealous of my wit and good looks. Honest! :ninja:

Ah but stories of pulling teeth can make people cringe. Remembering myself having my teeth out can make me wince :/

Jesus! I've got an orthodontist thing in a few weeks... I better have forgotten that video by then!

Dark, maybe a bit nippy? I can only see the computer's reflection out of the window. Slightly off topic, but :eek: Basil Brush what a show :love:
BibblyBobbly
I hope he didn't do it on purpose, but I wouldn't put it past him. He's obviously jealous of my wit and good looks. Honest! :ninja:

Ah but stories of pulling teeth can make people cringe. Remembering myself having my teeth out can make me wince :/

Jesus! I've got an orthodontist thing in a few weeks... I better have forgotten that video by then!

Dark, maybe a bit nippy? I can only see the computer's reflection out of the window. Slightly off topic, but :eek: Basil Brush what a show :love:

Haha, I'm sure he is :tongue: *resists urge to 'pics or it didn't happen'*

Really?? Did you find having teeth out that bad then?

Oops, sorry :o:

Yeah, it's at that proper dark stage now, before it starts going that bright blue 'early hours' colour.

Basil Brush is ace!! Used to watch it all the time, but then they changed the theme song, and I think Basil changed too :s-smilie:

Another slight off-topic, are you from Manchester by any chance?
Hi guys! I've been reading this thread and it makes me feel much better about getting braces so thanks! I was just wondering, what happens when you have your first appointment after you've decided you will have braces? Do people always end up having teeth removed?
I'm getting braces in a few months!

Went for my consultation the other day and found out that they're gonna take 4 teeth out! *SHOCK HORROR* :O

Tell me it doesn't hurt, please?
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Haha, I'm sure he is :tongue: *resists urge to 'pics or it didn't happen'*

Really?? Did you find having teeth out that bad then?

Oops, sorry :o:

Yeah, it's at that proper dark stage now, before it starts going that bright blue 'early hours' colour.

Basil Brush is ace!! Used to watch it all the time, but then they changed the theme song, and I think Basil changed too :s-smilie:

Another slight off-topic, are you from Manchester by any chance?

Aye, teeth being pulled was pretty bad. He had to keep levering the tooth back and forth and the clipper things kept slipping off and I could feel the tooth grinding against the others. Wasn't pleasant :/

And, on a slightly more cheery note - Basil Brush. They changed Mr Steven! Bastards :mob:

I never normally stay up any later than half twoish so I haven't seen this bright blue early hours you speak of :holmes:

What gave you that impression? The MCFC badge? I'm from Southport, a short train jounrey away, maybe you've heard of it? It's basically England's nursing home.
xxmehzzixx
I'm getting braces in a few months!

Went for my consultation the other day and found out that they're gonna take 4 teeth out! *SHOCK HORROR* :O

Tell me it doesn't hurt, please?

Aye I had 4 out too. Took me back to days of my yoof when I could drink using a straw by putting it in the gaps :love:

As to whether it hurts, it's dependent on whether you're conscious or not. :p: During the teeth pulling it's uncomfortable, afterwards I'd advise you start taking paracetamol as soon as your home.
BibblyBobbly
Aye, teeth being pulled was pretty bad. He had to keep levering the tooth back and forth and the clipper things kept slipping off and I could feel the tooth grinding against the others. Wasn't pleasant :/

And, on a slightly more cheery note - Basil Brush. They changed Mr Steven! Bastards :mob:

I never normally stay up any later than half twoish so I haven't seen this bright blue early hours you speak of :holmes:

What gave you that impression? The MCFC badge? I'm from Southport, a short train jounrey away, maybe you've heard of it? It's basically England's nursing home.

Ewwww that sounds horrible!

Damn them :mad: Hehe I like the that Basil did with Rolf Harris though (unless I dreamt that) :biggrin: That's not really related to anything though...

Oh you should, it's lovely! It goes really dark blue at like 11ish, and then pitch black, and then back to the blue, and then pale grey, and then DAYLIGHT! :woo: (Just been to America, and still living and sleeping in their timezone :frown: )

Yeah, I just thought cos of the City badge really. Hehe niiiice! Nice old people or the angry kind? I'll have to look it up anyway, I thought I'd heard of Southport but it turned out I mean Stockport :s-smilie:
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Ewwww that sounds horrible!

Damn them :mad: Hehe I like the that Basil did with Rolf Harris though (unless I dreamt that) :biggrin: That's not really related to anything though...

Oh you should, it's lovely! It goes really dark blue at like 11ish, and then pitch black, and then back to the blue, and then pale grey, and then DAYLIGHT! :woo: (Just been to America, and still living and sleeping in their timezone :frown: )

Yeah, I just thought cos of the City badge really. Hehe niiiice! Nice old people or the angry kind? I'll have to look it up anyway, I thought I'd heard of Southport but it turned out I mean Stockport :s-smilie:

Twasn't fun. I can't remember the Basil Brush and Rolf Harris "duet". Maybe you dreamt it, or maybe I'm just not a hardcore Basil fan :frown: I've had my fair share of weird dreams.

I can't say I've noticed the varying shades of sky but I'll keep my eyes open :ninja: What was America like? I went t'Italy and it was hot.

A mixture. Some that plough into you and give you evils and some or just wander about with a permanent expression of confusion and fear. Southport's a classy version of Stockport :p: It isn't that far from Manchester either way. Are you a Manc by any chance?
BibblyBobbly
Twasn't fun. I can't remember the Basil Brush and Rolf Harris "duet". Maybe you dreamt it, or maybe I'm just not a hardcore Basil fan :frown: I've had my fair share of weird dreams.

I can't say I've noticed the varying shades of sky but I'll keep my eyes open :ninja: What was America like? I went t'Italy and it was hot.

A mixture. Some that plough into you and give you evils and some or just wander about with a permanent expression of confusion and fear. Southport's a classy version of Stockport :p: It isn't that far from Manchester either way. Are you a Manc by any chance?

I didn't dream it I checked! :biggrin: Haha shame on you :p:

It was nice but it was very busy and very hot. What was Italy like? Did you eat lots of pizza?

Aww that sounds really sad! Oh my God I just looked it up! "with approximately 40% of the population over 55 years old" Woah. Ooh looks like a lovely place though, pretty pictures.

Erm I sort of am yeah. I live in Oldham, where I suspect approximately 40% of the population carry knives.

Erm and to stay on topic...braces tomorrow :woo:
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
I didn't dream it I checked! :biggrin: Haha shame on you :p:

It was nice but it was very busy and very hot. What was Italy like? Did you eat lots of pizza?

Aww that sounds really sad! Oh my God I just looked it up! "with approximately 40% of the population over 55 years old" Woah. Ooh looks like a lovely place though, pretty pictures.

Erm I sort of am yeah. I live in Oldham, where I suspect approximately 40% of the population carry knives.

Erm and to stay on topic...braces tomorrow :woo:

Hmm. I'll have to try and find Basil and Rolf then, although I'll keep an eye on any links I click on.

Lots of pasta. Lots of pizza. They put ham in everything - even the scrambled eggs! We went to Venice and that was mad busy! And awfully hot.

Aye, it is a very high percentage. We had to do a speech on Southport in Year 9 or something, and one of my mates ended up talking about how he hated old people. Ah how it was funny to watch him squirm :p: We have a flower show coming up too, so they all congregate onto a park in the middle of town. It's pretty enough I suppose, did you know that the Champs Elysees (spelt something like that) was based on Lord Street in Southport, because Napoleon stayed here don't you know :holmes:

Oh, lot of cooks in Oldham then?

And do we have to stay on topic? You're looking forward to it?!
BibblyBobbly
Hmm. I'll have to try and find Basil and Rolf then, although I'll keep an eye on any links I click on.

Lots of pasta. Lots of pizza. They put ham in everything - even the scrambled eggs! We went to Venice and that was mad busy! And awfully hot.

Aye, it is a very high percentage. We had to do a speech on Southport in Year 9 or something, and one of my mates ended up talking about how he hated old people. Ah how it was funny to watch him squirm :p: We have a flower show coming up too, so they all congregate onto a park in the middle of town. It's pretty enough I suppose, did you know that the Champs Elysees (spelt something like that) was based on Lord Street in Southport, because Napoleon stayed here don't you know :holmes:

Oh, lot of cooks in Oldham then?

And do we have to stay on topic? You're looking forward to it?!

Find it the treasure hunt way if you like, but it's here if you want :wink: The Court Of King Caractacus

Haha wooow. Are you a ham fan? (What a bizarre question.) Ooh did you go on boats? Do they all wave their hands around when they talk? (Not on boats- just generally)

Hehe aww it sounds lovely. And quite funny, imagining all the old people drawn there, like a magnet or something. Have you seen The Producers? Sounds a bit like the song (Along Came Bialy) where he's leading the hundreds of old ladies to the park and grabbing their cheques haha. (On a side note- Holmes! I always thought that was a leprechaun, nice to have it cleared up at last) Very interesting about the Champs Elysees! I suppose you have an Eiffel tower knocking about down there and they pinched that too!

Haha yeah, quite a few cooks, quite a few butchers, and the rest must be either knives salesman or jungle explorers.

Weeeell we don't have to stay ontopic but it saves a lot of warnings and shifting things over to PMing, all that hassle and extra button-clicking :p:

I'm sort of looking forward to it, cos then I can try out haircuts and clothes and stuff. Although I'm looking forward to it less after today when my family were practically pissing themselves laughing when I got food caught in a bracket :mad:
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Find it the treasure hunt way if you like, but it's here if you want :wink: The Court Of King Caractacus

Haha wooow. Are you a ham fan? (What a bizarre question.) Ooh did you go on boats? Do they all wave their hands around when they talk? (Not on boats- just generally)

Hehe aww it sounds lovely. And quite funny, imagining all the old people drawn there, like a magnet or something. Have you seen The Producers? Sounds a bit like the song (Along Came Bialy) where he's leading the hundreds of old ladies to the park and grabbing their cheques haha. (On a side note- Holmes! I always thought that was a leprechaun, nice to have it cleared up at last) Very interesting about the Champs Elysees! I suppose you have an Eiffel tower knocking about down there and they pinched that too!

Haha yeah, quite a few cooks, quite a few butchers, and the rest must be either knives salesman or jungle explorers.

Weeeell we don't have to stay ontopic but it saves a lot of warnings and shifting things over to PMing, all that hassle and extra button-clicking :p:

I'm sort of looking forward to it, cos then I can try out haircuts and clothes and stuff. Although I'm looking forward to it less after today when my family were practically pissing themselves laughing when I got food caught in a bracket :mad:

Ah I've heard that song before!

I can't say I am a raving Hradcore ham fan, although I'll eat it. Chicken drumsticks though :coma: Although that is another foodstuff made harder to eat thanks to my metal mouth! In Venice, none of the Gondola guys sang, except for one random one who had a thing. Them musical instrument where they have a hand at each end and they make a noise by pushing their hands together and pushing buttons. I'll remember later. Sorry for the awful description!

I went on a motor boat too, which was kind of fun. We stayed near a lake (rather convenient for the boat hire company).

I haven't seen the Producers though, it comes on Sky Movies every so often though so I might give it a watch. I have a lot of free afternoons! It took me ages to find out what that road in Paris was called, I thought it was spelt something like Chan de leezee :o: I was top set for french too! Eiffel tower was whizzed from Blackpool by the way :biggrin:

Another claim to fame for Southport is that Lee Mack lived here :gthumb: I think that's all for us though.

You get warned for that?! So far I've only been warned for using profanities. Repeatedly xD
Aye, sounds like an awful hassle

What a loving household you live in :p:
We're racing towards the 200 post mark by the way all my bracey buddies! :biggrin:
Reply 193
BibblyBobbly
We're racing towards the 200 post mark by the way all my bracey buddies! :biggrin:

WOOP!:woo:
BibblyBobbly
Ah I've heard that song before!

I can't say I am a raving Hradcore ham fan, although I'll eat it. Chicken drumsticks though :coma: Although that is another foodstuff made harder to eat thanks to my metal mouth! In Venice, none of the Gondola guys sang, except for one random one who had a thing. Them musical instrument where they have a hand at each end and they make a noise by pushing their hands together and pushing buttons. I'll remember later. Sorry for the awful description!

I went on a motor boat too, which was kind of fun. We stayed near a lake (rather convenient for the boat hire company).

I haven't seen the Producers though, it comes on Sky Movies every so often though so I might give it a watch. I have a lot of free afternoons! It took me ages to find out what that road in Paris was called, I thought it was spelt something like Chan de leezee :o: I was top set for french too! Eiffel tower was whizzed from Blackpool by the way :biggrin:

Another claim to fame for Southport is that Lee Mack lived here :gthumb: I think that's all for us though.

You get warned for that?! So far I've only been warned for using profanities. Repeatedly xD
Aye, sounds like an awful hassle

What a loving household you live in :p:

Hehe ooh ham and chicken drumsticks, nice :cool: Hah I know the instrument you mean. And I think its name, but cba googling to check.

Ooh that sounds fun! Did it go very fast?

Definitely watch the Producers sometime, it's hilarious! Haha no one that does French at GCSE is that good at it really, although there are exceptions. We were all like :eek: on results day when we got Bs. :p:

Nooo, there's loads of cool people from Southport! Marc Almond, David Mitchell, Miranda Richardson, someone of Last Of The Summer Wine, and Red Rum the horse!

No I've never been warned for it, I could just see it happening one day. Maybe I've just tempted fate now though.
Reply 195
BibblyBobbly
Them musical instrument where they have a hand at each end and they make a noise by pushing their hands together and pushing buttons.

ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Hah I know the instrument you mean. And I think its name, but cba googling to check.

Accordion? or Harmonica?
Lil' Flo
Accordion? or Harmonica?

I was thinking of concertina. Although according to wikipedia they're all similar.
:awesome: 200th post is mine! :teeth:
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Hehe ooh ham and chicken drumsticks, nice :cool: Hah I know the instrument you mean. And I think its name, but cba googling to check.

Ooh that sounds fun! Did it go very fast?

Definitely watch the Producers sometime, it's hilarious! Haha no one that does French at GCSE is that good at it really, although there are exceptions. We were all like :eek: on results day when we got Bs. :p:

Nooo, there's loads of cool people from Southport! Marc Almond, David Mitchell, Miranda Richardson, someone of Last Of The Summer Wine, and Red Rum the horse!

No I've never been warned for it, I could just see it happening one day. Maybe I've just tempted fate now though.

Ohh yeah, I'd forget about Marc Almond, and of course Red Rum used to train on the beach. Almond was in Human League wasn't he? He looks a bit...odd. I'll have to google Miranda Richardson, to see who on earth she is, and David Mitchell? Are you sure?! I hope it's true, he's a rather funny guy :awesome: Maybe with a bit of luck I'll be the next wonderful person to come from Southport :biggrin:

It went rather fast yeah, and I worried my dad by turning a bit too steeply at a rather high speed and getting it to go up off the water on it's side :p: Not as dramatic as it sounds.

Ah, French isn't wonderfully taught. I saw my Target slip from A*/A, to maybe a top end B Ben? You can do that. Then, Okay, maybe just a middle B. Later Top end C Ben? Possibly scrape a B? And finally Just try your best kid. :p:

How're the teeth going?
Lil' Flo
Accordion? or Harmonica?

Aye accordion is what I was thinking of!

Yet again you come to my rescue flo :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending