Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    Aye accordion is what I was thinking of!

Yet again you come to my rescue flo :p:
    I've got to stop doing that

It seems like i've got nothing else to do:eek:

...I do have nothing else to do:p:

ReputationRep:
    Ohh yeah, I'd forget about Marc Almond, and of course Red Rum used to train on the beach. Almond was in Human League wasn't he? He looks a bit...odd. I'll have to google Miranda Richardson, to see who on earth she is, and David Mitchell? Are you sure?! I hope it's true, he's a rather funny guy :awesome: Maybe with a bit of luck I'll be the next wonderful person to come from Southport

It went rather fast yeah, and I worried my dad by turning a bit too steeply at a rather high speed and getting it to go up off the water on it's side :p: Not as dramatic as it sounds.

Ah, French isn't wonderfully taught. I saw my Target slip from A*/A, to maybe a top end B Ben? You can do that. Then, Okay, maybe just a middle B. Later Top end C Ben? Possibly scrape a B? And finally Just try your best kid. :p:

How're the teeth going?
    Not Human League! :eek: That's Phil Oakey! Who does indeed look quite odd, but is way cool. Nooo, Marc Almond's Soft Cell. He does look a bit strange as well though, but still! *duh* *duh* tainted looove, wo-woah...

Miranda Richardson was Queenie in Blackadder, and the evil stepmum in Sleepy Hollow, and Nicole Kidman's sister in The Hours, and the ballet teacher in Phantom Of The Opera, and Rits Skeeter in Harry Potter, and loooads of other things :p: Actually I'm not sure about Mitchell, doesn't seem so from his page, but on Southport's page he's there under "Notable people" Hahaha maybe! And what will you be wonderful for doing?

Hehe aww that's a shame about your French! How did it go?

Ermmm, the teeth aren't bad thanks. I can't bite at all, and it's very hard to chew, and sometimes painful, but I'm not bleeding or lisping whcih is cool. When do your braces come off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    I've got to stop doing that

It seems like i've got nothing else to do:eek:

...I do have nothing else to do:p:
    Ah but is there a better way to be spending all your free time :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Not Human League! :eek: That's Phil Oakey! Who does indeed look quite odd, but is way cool. Nooo, Marc Almond's Soft Cell. He does look a bit strange as well though, but still! *duh* *duh* tainted looove, wo-woah...

Miranda Richardson was Queenie in Blackadder, and the evil stepmum in Sleepy Hollow, and Nicole Kidman's sister in The Hours, and the ballet teacher in Phantom Of The Opera, and Rits Skeeter in Harry Potter, and loooads of other things :p: Actually I'm not sure about Mitchell, doesn't seem so from his page, but on Southport's page he's there under "Notable people" Hahaha maybe! And what will you be wonderful for doing?

Hehe aww that's a shame about your French! How did it go?

Ermmm, the teeth aren't bad thanks. I can't bite at all, and it's very hard to chew, and sometimes painful, but I'm not bleeding or lisping whcih is cool. When do your braces come off?
    Oh sorry! Easy mistake to make, they both sound the same and they're both on my mp3. Tainted Love goes on forever. Human League did Together in Electric Dreams didn't they?

You seem to know a lot about her. Did you perhaps have the assistance of google on that post :hmm:

I'll be wonderful for being the most funniester comedian/bestest footballer/ greatest Nobel prize winning prime minister ever! :p: Adored the world over of course. I thought I better set my goals high.

You're beginning to know more about Southport than I do! Maybe I'll have to look up Oldham.

I have no clue how my French went, in the most part it was like picking lottery numbers. I just ticked a box and hoped!

Bleeding?! I've got 6 months to a year, depending on how much my teeth move. I've always been a procrastinator, so I don't hold out much hope for my teeth!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry! Easy mistake to make, they both sound the same and they're both on my mp3. Tainted Love goes on forever. Human League did Together in Electric Dreams didn't they?

You seem to know a lot about her. Did you perhaps have the assistance of google on that post :hmm:

I'll be wonderful for being the most funniester comedian/bestest footballer/ greatest Nobel prize winning prime minister ever! :p: Adored the world over of course. I thought I better set my goals high.

You're beginning to know more about Southport than I do! Maybe I'll have to look up Oldham.

I have no clue how my French went, in the most part it was like picking lottery numbers. I just ticked a box and hoped!

Bleeding?! I've got 6 months to a year, depending on how much my teeth move. I've always been a procrastinator, so I don't hold out much hope for my teeth!
    There's a five minute version of Tainted Love that seems to go on forever, yeah. It starts with the drum cymbaly thing, the tsss tss-tss tss sound and builds up and it's a bit slower, but the version on the music video and the album starts with the duh-duh! noise and it's faster and only about 3 minutes. That's the better one :cool: Wrong, my young Padawan! Together In Electric Dreams was Phil Oakey working with somebody else, no Human League involved (that I had to google, never heard of electric dreams:p: )

Hehe nahh, I'm just a big Miranda Richardson fan, she's brilliant.

Yeah, they are quite high goals, good luck with that

Nooo, don't look at Oldham, there's reasons why hardly anyone admits to coming from there!

Ah, so have you just finished your GCSEs then? Good luck anyway, although I'm sure you don't need it and it's too late now... What are you doing next year? Are you sick of people asking that?

Haha still shorter than most people's isn't it though. Were your teeth quite straight to begin with then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    There's a five minute version of Tainted Love that seems to go on forever, yeah. It starts with the drum cymbaly thing, the tsss tss-tss tss sound and builds up and it's a bit slower, but the version on the music video and the album starts with the duh-duh! noise and it's faster and only about 3 minutes. That's the better one :cool: Wrong, my young Padawan! Together In Electric Dreams was Phil Oakey working with somebody else, no Human League involved (that I had to google, never heard of electric dreams:p: )

Hehe nahh, I'm just a big Miranda Richardson fan, she's brilliant.

Yeah, they are quite high goals, good luck with that

Nooo, don't look at Oldham, there's reasons why hardly anyone admits to coming from there!

Ah, so have you just finished your GCSEs then? Good luck anyway, although I'm sure you don't need it and it's too late now... What are you doing next year? Are you sick of people asking that?

Haha still shorter than most people's isn't it though. Were your teeth quite straight to begin with then?
    I think I'll just stop talking about music completely :cool: You've never heard of Electric Dreams?! I'm shocked.

Aye. I like the way you started that sentence being nice and finishing on a bit of a downer. Next year I'm doing Chemistry Physics Maths and Biology (!) at College. You're scarpering off to Uni aren't you? To do what may I ask?

Nah my teeth were a mess, but I've had them in for 6 months already so I'm a third to halfway through.

ReputationRep:
    Aye I had 4 out too. Took me back to days of my yoof when I could drink using a straw by putting it in the gaps :love:

As to whether it hurts, it's dependent on whether you're conscious or not. :p: During the teeth pulling it's uncomfortable, afterwards I'd advise you start taking paracetamol as soon as your home.
    Oooh, which teeth were they? All molars?

Yes, yes, yes. I AM conscious! First time I've ever had teeth taken out without anaesthetic. I really hope the novacaine is strong! Hah. I don't want to feel anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxmehzzixx)
    Oooh, which teeth were they? All molars?

Yes, yes, yes. I AM conscious! First time I've ever had teeth taken out without anaesthetic. I really hope the novacaine is strong! Hah. I don't want to feel anything.
    Erm they were the ones behind my canines on the top and the ones below them on the bottom. The gaps are closing up nicely now though :gthumb:

ha, it'll all be just a distant memory soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    Erm they were the ones behind my canines on the top and the ones below them on the bottom. The gaps are closing up nicely now though :gthumb:

ha, it'll all be just a distant memory soon enough!
    You're joking, right?? I thought it would be the actual molars where you won't be able to see the gaps quite much, not the ones after the canines! Well, I hope they don't do that to me!

Yep, I wish! Didn't you feel anything when they were taking them out? Did they take them all out once?

ReputationRep:
    I've never had to have them, so I wouldn't know :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ah but is there a better way to be spending all your free time :awesome:
    point well taken haha :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Dentist asked if I wanted them a year or so ago, and I really didn't want them.

But, my teeth are a bit gappy round the sides, which I don't like.

I'm 17, nearly 18, don't fancy braces to be perfectly honest... just wondering if its worth it really : |

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChem)
    Dentist asked if I wanted them a year or so ago, and I really didn't want them.

But, my teeth are a bit gappy round the sides, which I don't like.

I'm 17, nearly 18, don't fancy braces to be perfectly honest... just wondering if its worth it really : |
    If it's something that really affects you then go for the braces, but if it's something you can live with and don't really want braces then don't get them - they're a commitment you can't just change your mind about half way through. It is worth it in the end if it's something you really want fixed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have braces. I want them again tho :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and I have braces. I got them last year about two weeks after my 17th birthday. I didn't really have a choice getting them, I didn't realy want them. I'll admit, my teeth did stick out a bit but I still didn't want them.
    I was really worried because I thought my boyfriend would go off me but he thinks I look cute in them.
    But I can't wait to get them off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.