Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    haha thanks thought tbf i have my mouth shut, so you still can't see how rubbish they really are! Hmm nope still glad i don't have that affect, would make things veeeeery awkward if she's dealing with my mouth.
    My orthodontist scares me :/ but I've only got about 6 months or maybe a bit more before I'm doneeeeee Until I get the fun of retainers anyway :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    My orthodontist scares me :/ but I've only got about 6 months or maybe a bit more before I'm doneeeeee Until I get the fun of retainers anyway :cool:
    Yeah but then you'll have one of those colgate advert smiles!
    I'm jealous, i have another year, then an operation, then 6 months after that. Oh welll.. hopefully time flies when you have braces...

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous, i have another year, then an operation, then 6 months after that. Oh welll.. hopefully time flies when you have braces...

NO, NO it doesnt

I had mine for 3 years - not fun - the pain!

on the plus side, i did enjoy being called 'cute' all the time

ReputationRep:
    You forget about them, no doubt this thread is helping you to do the opposite :rolleyes: Operation? I'm beginning to realise I'm getting off lightly, with you having operations and the other girl having her jaw broken.

And oooh! Maybe I'll be the tall dark haired handsome doctor in a labcoat telling you to brush your tongue! Watch out for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    NO, NO it doesnt

Mine don't hurt that bad, but i'm guessing it gets worse .
    I hope I get called "cute" and not "young" though!

ReputationRep:
    NO, NO it doesnt

Well the first week or so with braces is the worst though isn't it? And then every 8 weeks yo have a bit of pain, but I'm only speaking from my own personal experience. Cute? There are a few other adjectives I'd prefer :cool:

(Original post by bikipip)
    Why jaw surgery?

I had my first kiss when I was wearing braces and was sooooo worried but he didn't seem to mind.
    my bottom jaw on the right hand side is bigger than the top - so when i smile it moves to the right and looks auful, plus i have an open bite and a whole other list probably!

ReputationRep:
    Well the first week or so with braces is the worst though isn't it? And then every 8 weeks yo have a bit of pain, but I'm only speaking from my own personal experience. Cute? There are a few other adjectives I'd prefer :cool:
    every 8 weeks or so.. and, if you're lucky, just after they're tightened they'll absolutely rip the inside of your mouth too and you won't be able to eat..
    Good times to look forward to :P

I'm half joking though, it's not really that bad really considering the outcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elucidation)
    every 8 weeks or so.. and, if you're lucky, just after they're tightened they'll absolutely rip the inside of your mouth too and you won't be able to eat..
    Good times to look forward to :P

I'm half joking though, it's not really that bad really considering the outcome
    Ah I'm already about halfway through so I'm getting to know the ropes now :gthumb: It isn't pleasant, I can get by on soup and Pot Noodles ( Thank god there are new flavours!!!) for a while. I get my teeth next tightened on results day - woo. Double whammy that one :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm already about halfway through so I'm getting to know the ropes now :gthumb: It isn't pleasant, I can get by on soup and Pot Noodles ( Thank god there are new flavours!!!) for a while. I get my teeth next tightened on results day - woo. Double whammy that one :p:
    oh yay
    sucks to be you :P
    I think my orthodontist is pretty poor. A day after I had them sorted, something at the back fell off and then again like last week.. I keep putting it off calling them up though because going back three times in the space of a month doesn't really appeal to me ):

ReputationRep:
    oh yay
    sucks to be you :P
    I think my orthodontist is pretty poor. A day after I had them sorted, something at the back fell off and then again like last week.. I keep putting it off calling them up though because going back three times in the space of a month doesn't really appeal to me ):
    Aren't you quite the charmer!

I only ever had one bit "fall off" and that was because I dared to eat anything semi-hard. A strip of metal pinged off so I spent 10 minutes in the bathroom trying a bit of DIY Dentristry. He never spotted a thing wrong Mine's just a friendly neighbourhood maniac.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you quite the charmer!

I only ever had one bit "fall off" and that was because I dared to eat anything semi-hard. A strip of metal pinged off so I spent 10 minutes in the bathroom trying a bit of DIY Dentristry. He never spotted a thing wrong Mine's just a friendly neighbourhood maniac.
    to be fair- mine's four days later (which I thought was bad.. so clearly it DOES suck to be you )

ooh, get you :cool: kudos

my friend had a swedish orthodontist.. I've always been jealous ):

ReputationRep:
    Mine don't hurt that bad, but i'm guessing it gets worse .
    I hope I get called "cute" and not "young" though!
    Well the first week or so with braces is the worst though isn't it? And then every 8 weeks yo have a bit of pain, but I'm only speaking from my own personal experience. Cute? There are a few other adjectives I'd prefer
    every time it gets retightened, or banded or de-banded , or wire replaced, it hurts, cause there is a different rate of movement of the teeth etc (my mom's a dentist)

oh yeah about the cute thing...thats all i had going for me
    i was short for my age, had a baby face, my voice hadnt broken, wore glasses, and had braces
    as far as I was concerned, i at least deserved that lol

ReputationRep:
    You forget about them, no doubt this thread is helping you to do the opposite :rolleyes: Operation? I'm beginning to realise I'm getting off lightly, with you having operations and the other girl having her jaw broken.

And oooh! Maybe I'll be the tall dark haired handsome doctor in a labcoat telling you to brush your tongue! Watch out for me
    Hahaha, could be a life ambition for you!
    I saw 2 of my friends today nad neither of them noticed i had braces hmm, i wonder if they were being polite of just oblivious.
    I think I get mine broken, and my chin broken, you did get off lightly!

ReputationRep:
    i had braces when i was 17. i was meant to have them on for 2 years but only had to have them on for 7 months. at first they were horrible... rubbed my mouth and were pulling my teeth in all kinds of directions. now i wish i hadn't had them because i prefer my teeth how they used to be.
    sucks.

ReputationRep:
    every time it gets retightened, or banded or de-banded , or wire replaced, it hurts, cause there is a different rate of movement of the teeth etc (my mom's a dentist)

oh yeah about the cute thing...thats all i had going for me
    i was short for my age, had a baby face, my voice hadnt broken, wore glasses, and had braces
    as far as I was concerned, i at least deserved that lol
    :p: that is cute

ReputationRep:
    to be fair- mine's four days later (which I thought was bad.. so clearly it DOES suck to be you )

ooh, get you :cool: kudos

my friend had a swedish orthodontist.. I've always been jealous ):

Ah but I have four days longer to prepare for starting term, so I (hopefully) won't be a moody lil thing because of having a sore mouth - keeps me quiet though!

:O I hope he always talks about meatballs. Does he go "Yar"? I think it'd be more bearable having somebody tell you you're going to get mutilated if they said it in that accent. My orthodontist is asian and permanently happy. The latter is quite disconcerting.

ReputationRep:
    :p: that is cute
    why thank you :p:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, could be a life ambition for you!
    I saw 2 of my friends today nad neither of them noticed i had braces hmm, i wonder if they were being polite of just oblivious.
    I think I get mine broken, and my chin broken, you did get off lightly!
    It took one of my mates a few months to notice so it's probably the latter. Or he's just a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally polite guy xD

ReputationRep:
    It took one of my mates a few months to notice so it's probably the latter. Or he's just a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally polite guy xD
    Hahaha i can imagine that conversation
    "Mate, when did you get braces?"
    "err 2 months ago"
    "oh"

I'll see if i can beat your record :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.