Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elucidation)
    haha :p:
    do they even do gas anymore?! They probably only gave me it cause I was crying like a madwoman (in my defence, I was only small :rolleyes: )

:p: I feel pressured to choose quickly when they show me the sheet of colours though and end up going for the same thing :o:
    I tend to leave it to the orthodontist now and he tries to match it to my hair (everyone noticed when he matched it by alternating pink and green :p: I've got the funk )

get the pink- do it, do it! :yes:
    Alas, I feel I will spend my life trying to get the pink.

I felt like I'd upset his assistant when I said "Nah I'll stick with silver" because that was her main job, her time to shine. Other than handing him the clippers, she doesn't do much! You've got pink and green hair?! :love:

I hope they still do gas. It'd mean the bus journey home would be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    My eyes are "too big" which is why i can't get them out. I think opticians like insulting people's eyes, which i didn't think was possible really haha.
    I remember asking about ones you can sleep in but they don't do them for my prescription. Though sometimes I sleep in mine by accident :ninja:
    Lol. Oooh you rebel :p: I won't tell if you don't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    Alas, I feel I will spend my life trying to get the pink.

I felt like I'd upset his assistant when I said "Nah I'll stick with silver" because that was her main job, her time to shine. Other than handing him the clippers, she doesn't do much! You've got pink and green hair?! :love:

I hope they still do gas. It'd mean the bus journey home would be fun!
    I hope you will- this is a serious matter!

hha, they are so jolly though one of mine especially when she gets to hand me the silly glasses (which the women always knocks off my eyes when she does it cause her boobs are so huge!) so my eyes don't burn out while they glue crap onto my teeths.
    this time round it's turquoise faded to lime green. I'm going pink again though in a couple of months woah.. months? weeks. I can't believe how soon September is coming eee!

haha definitely! I need to get ahold of some of that :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha :p:
    do they even do gas anymore?! They probably only gave me it cause I was crying like a madwoman (in my defence, I was only small :rolleyes: )
    They don't if you're older :no: I got laughing gas when i was 6 but when i asked for it when i had another tooth out a few years later they refused because it was "too dangerous" and I got a lovely needle instead.

I didn't get offered colours with my braces. I feel cheated!

ReputationRep:
    They don't if you're older :no: I got laughing gas when i was 6 but when i asked for it when i had another tooth out a few years later they refused because it was "too dangerous" and I got a lovely needle instead.

I didn't get offered colours with my braces. I feel cheated!
    that's kinda worrying!!

o: really? You should definitely ask them if you're interested, surely they all do it?!
    Personally, I'm most offended that they no longer offer you balloons and stickers and stuff like the dentist used to :p:

ReputationRep:
    that's kinda worrying!!

o: really? You should definitely ask them if you're interested, surely they all do it?!
    Personally, I'm most offended that they no longer offer you balloons and stickers and stuff like the dentist used to :p:
    My dentist used to do magic tricks! But we moved because he was apparently a much better magician than he was a dentist.
    I will next time! I thought i'd get the choice but he just put it on and was like "done, here have a look".

ReputationRep:
    My dentist used to do magic tricks! But we moved because he was apparently a much better magician than he was a dentist.
    I will next time! I thought i'd get the choice but he just put it on and was like "done, here have a look".
    haha that's awesome!
    what an odd combination, never would have guessed at something like that! How did you find out about it?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you will- this is a serious matter!

hha, they are so jolly though one of mine especially when she gets to hand me the silly glasses (which the women always knocks off my eyes when she does it cause her boobs are so huge!) so my eyes don't burn out while they glue crap onto my teeths.
    this time round it's turquoise faded to lime green. I'm going pink again though in a couple of months woah.. months? weeks. I can't believe how soon September is coming eee!

haha definitely! I need to get ahold of some of that :p:
    What impression do pink braces give do you reckon?

LMAO. Your dentist sounds like it should be in a carry on film. Is there much innuendo flying about the place?:p: I've never had to wear the special glasses, but my eyesight is already appalling so maybe they just thought "Sod it, what's the worst that can happen!"

Aye, it only seems like yesterday when we all got released from my final exam on the 11th of June, and now the results are only 3 weeks away! and then College after that. My little BibblyBobbly Ben is growing up so fast xD

ReputationRep:
    What impression do pink braces give do you reckon?

LMAO. Your dentist sounds like it should be in a carry on film. Is there much innuendo flying about the place?:p: I've never had to wear the special glasses, but my eyesight is already appalling so maybe they just thought "Sod it, what's the worst that can happen!"

Aye, it only seems like yesterday when we all got released from my final exam on the 11th of June, and now the results are only 3 weeks away! and then College after that. My little BibblyBobbly Ben is growing up so fast xD
    that you're cool as hell!! I think they'd be very fetching

oh definitely, it's a right larf in there :p:
    haha probably!
    it's probably only for the amusement of the staff anyway.. they're orange! I mean, come on!

ahhhr
    I reckon it's come round really quickly..
    what will you be studying at college?
    I also can't believe that you're 16 and starting college and I'm 17 and leaving for university soon! I hate my birthday ):

ReputationRep:
    Im 16 had my braces in for 1 year and got them off about 2 and a half hours ago i LOVEEEEE my smile and i cant stop smiling
    haha oh and it didnt affect me one bit :p:

ReputationRep:
    that you're cool as hell!! I think they'd be very fetching

oh definitely, it's a right larf in there :p:
    haha probably!
    it's probably only for the amusement of the staff anyway.. they're orange! I mean, come on!

ahhhr
    I reckon it's come round really quickly..
    what will you be studying at college?
    I also can't believe that you're 16 and starting college and I'm 17 and leaving for university soon! I hate my birthday ):
    Maybe I'll make sure everybody knows I'm not gay before I get them xD

Are the staff orangeor the glasses? :p: Up here only 20 miles or so from Scouserville it's more likely to be the staff

I'm doing Maths Chemistry Physics and Biology - fun I know. Ah the youngest guy in our year was born on August 31st I think and he was about 6 foot something, whereas a guy born in the middle of september was about 5 foot 3! What you doing at Uni and where you going?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll make sure everybody knows I'm not gay before I get them xD

Are the staff orangeor the glasses? :p: Up here only 20 miles or so from Scouserville it's more likely to be the staff

I'm doing Maths Chemistry Physics and Biology - fun I know. Ah the youngest guy in our year was born on August 31st I think and he was about 6 foot something, whereas a guy born in the middle of september was about 5 foot 3! What you doing at Uni and where you going?
    that seems like a reasonable precaution :p:

haha xD
    that gave me a rather creepy image of several oompaloompa dentists with serious faces dancing around me and handing each other sharp tools.. eeeek.

exciting :p: hah nah, but sciences are interesting.. which one of your choices is your favourite?
    haha that is pretty ironic
    woot that's my birthday too
    Glasgow hopefully and psychology. I prefer sociology but I'm getting caught up in the whole those subjects suck-ness. But then at the end of the day, I can't be doing with learning about shizzle that I don't care for.. So eh! We'll see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoda--x)
    Im 16 had my braces in for 1 year and got them off about 2 and a half hours ago i LOVEEEEE my smile and i cant stop smiling
    haha oh and it didnt affect me one bit :p:
    have you eaten a banana yet? Apparently it's a really weird experience after having braces on

ReputationRep:
    that seems like a reasonable precaution :p:

haha xD
    that gave me a rather creepy image of several oompaloompa dentists with serious faces dancing around me and handing each other sharp tools.. eeeek.

exciting :p: hah nah, but sciences are interesting.. which one of your choices is your favourite?
    haha that is pretty ironic
    woot that's my birthday too
    Glasgow hopefully and psychology. I prefer sociology but I'm getting caught up in the whole those subjects suck-ness. But then at the end of the day, I can't be doing with learning about shizzle that I don't care for.. So eh! We'll see
    Ah so you HAVE been to Liverpool before then! xD

Aye, do what you enjoy. It depends really, I like some human stuff in Biology but then again I like the space stuff in Physics. I want to moon on the moon :rolleyes: My Birthday's the 26th of September, which is quite early but I was still the youngest on our table for maths! Still, I forgot about then when they were all asking for help. I'm never going to do anything I don't want to do (school wise), well that's the intention. Several years of french driving me up the wall has taught me that much!

ReputationRep:
    have you eaten a banana yet? Apparently it's a really weird experience after having braces on
    How weird is that YES i just had one right now haha it wasnt weird just everything felt smooth :cool: lmao

ReputationRep:
    How weird is that YES i just had one right now haha it wasnt weird just everything felt smooth :cool: lmao
    xD brilliant
    I don't think I'm ever going to get back into the habit of eating apples whole :P

ReputationRep:
    xD brilliant
    I don't think I'm ever going to get back into the habit of eating apples whole :P
    lol i know right i always chop my apples into nice slices lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah so you HAVE been to Liverpool before then! xD

Aye, do what you enjoy. It depends really, I like some human stuff in Biology but then again I like the space stuff in Physics. I want to moon on the moon :rolleyes: My Birthday's the 26th of September, which is quite early but I was still the youngest on our table for maths! Still, I forgot about then when they were all asking for help. I'm never going to do anything I don't want to do (school wise), well that's the intention. Several years of french driving me up the wall has taught me that much!

haha :P

aye, eh? getting into the scottish spirit?
    I hope I pick up the accent :3
    and lol what a great (if not sincere) idea- I reckon it'd be quite the conversation piece
    do you have any plans for where you want to take all of this after college?

I tell myself the same.. just hope I'll actually put it into practice.
    what didn't you like about french? I loved languages especially German

ReputationRep:
    lol i know right i always chop my apples into nice slices lol :p:
    hehe good times

ReputationRep:
    haha that's awesome!
    what an odd combination, never would have guessed at something like that! How did you find out about it?
    Haha i know, it's not the most likely hobby for a dentist. He used to do tricks for me because i was petrified of going, i refused to sit in the chair for years haha. Shame he was a rubbish dentist, he was really nice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.