Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    Haha i know, it's not the most likely hobby for a dentist. He used to do tricks for me because i was petrified of going, i refused to sit in the chair for years haha. Shame he was a rubbish dentist, he was really nice.
    that is truly brilliant, makes a lot of sense actually definitely an original way to coax people in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elucidation)
    that is truly brilliant, makes a lot of sense actually definitely an original way to coax people in
    Haha exactly. Magic still amazes me now so imagine what i was like as a child = :eek:

ReputationRep:
    haha :P

aye, eh? getting into the scottish spirit?
    I hope I pick up the accent :3
    and lol what a great (if not sincere) idea- I reckon it'd be quite the conversation piece
    do you have any plans for where you want to take all of this after college?

I tell myself the same.. just hope I'll actually put it into practice.
    what didn't you like about french? I loved languages especially German
    The scottish spirit is whiskey isn't it?

I have no clue where I'm going tomorrow, never mind in a few years time! I wish I knew for sure what I waned to be, but I just can't settle on anything yet :/

It just seems so boring, here is a word. If you travel a few hundred miles that way, you say this word like this. Jesus ¬.¬
    I mean it's a good skill to be able to speak a foreign language but my god I hated learning how to. I've forgotten most of it now anyway, so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    Haha i know, it's not the most likely hobby for a dentist. He used to do tricks for me because i was petrified of going, i refused to sit in the chair for years haha. Shame he was a rubbish dentist, he was really nice.
    I wouldn't share this opinion with him if I was you!

ReputationRep:
    xD brilliant
    I don't think I'm ever going to get back into the habit of eating apples whole :P
    are you serious?

thats the first thing i did when i got my braces out

at first i grinned like a cheshire cat till my face muscle were numb

...then i tucked into a nice luscious Golden Delicious apple, yum

i was so happy i could see my bite mark in an apple after 3 years of slicing and dicing (at which point the apple's gone brown)

ReputationRep:
    Haha exactly. Magic still amazes me now so imagine what i was like as a child = :eek:
    loll best dentist evvarrrr :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    are you serious?

thats the first thing i did when i got my braces out

at first i grinned like a cheshire cat till my face muscle were numb

...then i tucked into a nice luscious Golden Delicious apple, yum

i was so happy i could see my bite mark in an apple after 3 years of slicing and dicing (at which point the apple's gone brown)
    ahh, I know but it's just so much easier.. I can't believe I used to just bite on in!

haha
    golden delicious, though.. :no: you should get your braeburn on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    The scottish spirit is whiskey isn't it?

I have no clue where I'm going tomorrow, never mind in a few years time! I wish I knew for sure what I waned to be, but I just can't settle on anything yet :/

It just seems so boring, here is a word. If you travel a few hundred miles that way, you say this word like this. Jesus ¬.¬
    I mean it's a good skill to be able to speak a foreign language but my god I hated learning how to. I've forgotten most of it now anyway, so it's all good
    ooooh :p:

yeah fair dos lol
    That's basically why I'm going to uni- to give myself another four years to think heh heh

I like to add random bits of french and german into sentences just for the giggles

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't share this opinion with him if I was you!
    After we left him he went private (obviously he was so upset and losing me as his patient he couldn't face the other NHS entitled people) and I haven't seen him since.

If i did i'd ask him how he did all his tricks :yes:

ReputationRep:
    ahh, I know but it's just so much easier.. I can't believe I used to just bite on in!

haha
    golden delicious, though.. :no: you should get your braeburn on!

problem is it takes too long
    and impatience is one of my virtues

yes, i love golden delicious...
    :no:braeburn:eek:

don't do red apples, never eaten them, from childhood

my mother thinks it has to do with me watching Disney's Snow White

after i had watched that, she offered me a red apple and i promptly asked, " Is it poisoned?"

since then...red apples = no go

oh, and you dont have to tell me i'm a weirdo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    problem is it takes too long
    and impatience is one of my virtues

yes, i love golden delicious...
    :no:braeburn:eek:

don't do red apples, never eaten them, from childhood

my mother thinks it has to do with me watching Disney's Snow White

after i had watched that, she offered me a red apple and i promptly asked, " Is it poisoned?"

since then...red apples = no go

oh, and you dont have to tell me i'm a weirdo
    like the advert right? :p:

this makes me weep. I can't handle golden delicious. I dunno, apples have gone down in the world.. even the pink ladies aren't very tasty. Maybe we've just been buying bad apples

nice story and that scene in snow white is pretty damned scary, it's not surprising really!

oh and likin the green and red going on :yes:

ReputationRep:
    like the advert right?

this makes me weep. I can't handle golden delicious. I dunno, apples have gone down in the world.. even the pink ladies aren't very tasty. Maybe we've just been buying bad apples

nice story and that scene in snow white is pretty damned scary, it's not surprising really!

oh and likin the green and red going on

yeah the advert
    i've been waiting to use that line for a while now
    i'll try not to use it again for some time

Mehh, i havent really compared taste over the years haha

the movie was scary towards the end

and thanks, i put a lot of effort into that
    i think that was one of my colour combinations for my braces

ReputationRep:
    ooooh :p:

yeah fair dos lol
    That's basically why I'm going to uni- to give myself another four years to think heh heh

I like to add random bits of french and german into sentences just for the giggles

Ah, clever :holmes:

Merde is a useful french word. That sometimes slips into my vocabulary

ReputationRep:
    Ah, clever :holmes:

Merde is a useful french word. That sometimes slips into my vocabulary
    scheiße!

ReputationRep:
    scheiße!

Please tell me how pronounce that and what it means because that is a gorgeous looking word.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me how pronounce that and what it means because that is a gorgeous looking word.
    I'm pretty sure it can mean from damn to shiiit. But I'm not sure which one it means more often.
    Shy-sa or shy-za or something like
    Make it proper rough sounding and it's awesome.
    oh and be sure to kind of shout the end bit :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i had them for years and i didnt smile all through my teens till i had them off at 16. best day of my life.

yes i find them very unnattractive.

eugh

ReputationRep:
    braces used to be a big put off for me because I thought they'd be horrid to kiss, and I found someone who was gorgeous and had a great personality but put off goin out with them because they had braces, but my recent girlfriend had braces and turns out there not noticable, which made me feel bad bout the other person

ReputationRep:
    All you bracey people really bond, it's heartwarming! I'm gonna come back in 3 days and complain about My First Day With Braces and hopefully get a newbie welcome, and maybe some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    All you bracey people really bond, it's heartwarming! I'm gonna come back in 3 days and complain about My First Day With Braces and hopefully get a newbie welcome, and maybe some advice
    make sure u get ur paracetamol or whatever painkiller you prefer
    its going to hurt, your first night, morning after, and number of days after:eek3:

good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.