Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really loved him but I've ruined it/lost him for good! Watch

I never had him as such we were never together but..
    Ever since I met him when we were quite young (14) there was a spark there and then a year later we went out with each other but I was so embarrassed because he was younger than me and all my friends took the p1ss that I dumped him. Then for like 2 years we just flirted with each other loads and I really liked him but never told him, cause I was scared of what people would think as he was a year younger than me.

In September there was like really heavy flirting and in the end I ended up telling him how much I liked him and he said that he really liked me too and we met up twice (just snogging, nothing more) and then after that he didn't talk to me for ages and just ignored my texts and I was absolutely gutted.

At Christmas time he started texting again, saying I could have a sh*g and stuff and I just thought if that's all I can have then why not. But it never happened. He always had a girlfriend and I wasn't comfortable about doing it behind her back although he clearly didn't care. This went on for months and months just texting each other. I don't know why but by this time I was really falling in love with him. In the end just under 2 months ago I ended up sleeping with him, because I thought I loved him and kind of because I was sick of just texting him and wanted something to happen!

I knew straight after that he regretted doing it, so that made me regret doing it. A few weeks ago he texted me saying that he wanted to do it again but I was like no way, I'm not putting myself through feeling like that again, but now I regret saying that. I just can't let him go, I feel like I'll keep going back to him whenever he asks me even though he hasn't yet. I dunno how to get over him.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You'll find someone better, trust.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like an idiot, he's having his cake and eating it and you're letting him. He's making a fool out of you, he'll never commit to you properly and certainly not until you respect yourself and say no.

ReputationRep:
    He's a player, and you're as easy to play as bongo drums. You're feeling bad that you've lost him because you didn't accept his proposal for another shag?
    Seriously, you need to get your priorities right in what's important in relationships, if he ignores you because you didn't shag him then what makes you think this whole little situation is worth anything? Don't be a doormat.

ReputationRep:
    You are STILL quite young and this has been going on for a while so its no surprise that you are finding it hard to get over him. U do realise that he is only after sex right? (it's not a nice thing to say but it's true)

ReputationRep:
    You sound quite desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I never had him as such we were never together but..
    Ever since I met him when we were quite young (14) there was a spark there and then a year later we went out with each other but I was so embarrassed because he was younger than me and all my friends took the p1ss that I dumped him. Then for like 2 years we just flirted with each other loads and I really liked him but never told him, cause I was scared of what people would think as he was a year younger than me.

In September there was like really heavy flirting and in the end I ended up telling him how much I liked him and he said that he really liked me too and we met up twice (just snogging, nothing more) and then after that he didn't talk to me for ages and just ignored my texts and I was absolutely gutted.

At Christmas time he started texting again, saying I could have a sh*g and stuff and I just thought if that's all I can have then why not. But it never happened. He always had a girlfriend and I wasn't comfortable about doing it behind her back although he clearly didn't care. This went on for months and months just texting each other. I don't know why but by this time I was really falling in love with him. In the end just under 2 months ago I ended up sleeping with him, because I thought I loved him and kind of because I was sick of just texting him and wanted something to happen!

I knew straight after that he regretted doing it, so that made me regret doing it. A few weeks ago he texted me saying that he wanted to do it again but I was like no way, I'm not putting myself through feeling like that again, but now I regret saying that. I just can't let him go, I feel like I'll keep going back to him whenever he asks me even though he hasn't yet. I dunno how to get over him.. :confused:
    You may be in love with the idea of him, rather than the person he is now. After all you have a long history and seems as if his your first love, or one of your first loves.

You really need to remind yourself that your worth more than being a sexual object when his bored, on his terms, while he and his girlfriend enjoy a relationship your left on your own to deal with the aftermath.

Work on your friendships, career and value yourself for what your truly worth, and someone will eventually come along and see that and treat you first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    you're as easy to play as bongo drums.
    This.

Love it.

(Original post by Saff123)
    You may be in love with the idea of him, rather than the person he is now. After all you have a long history and seems as if his your first love, or one of your first loves.

You really need to remind yourself that your worth more than being a sexual object when his bored, on his terms, while he and his girlfriend enjoy a relationship your left on your own to deal with the aftermath.

Work on your friendships, career and value yourself for what your truly worth, and someone will eventually come along and see that and treat you first.
    Thankyou
    He wasn't actually my first boyfriend I had one serious boyfriend before I met him and at first never thought of him as more than someone to flirt with (even though his mate told me he fancied me - sounds childish but was 3 years ago!) and went out with 3 or 4 lads in the meantime. There was just always something about him though that made me like him, maybe it was the fact that then he liked me (genuinely) that made me like him! And there have been several times when he have been really close and then drifted apart again, sometimes as mates sometimes as more. I know I need to forget about him but it's so hard.

And yeah I think I am in love with the idea of him. What could have been if he wasnt like he is now. I actually hate the person he is now and how hes made me feel and what he sees me as.

ReputationRep:
    There is only one solution. Say you'll sleep with him at your house, get him naked first, then knee him in the balls and run away with his clothes while he's distracted. Guaranteed to make you feel better!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but he sounds like a complete a-hole. Its clear he doesnt care for a relationship with you, or for your feelings if he's asking you to do that - it sounds like he's just using you whenever he gets bored of his girlfriend.

I know its easy to insult him and say you're better off without him, and I can understand its not that easy for you to just do that. Just take some time for yourself and really think about how he's treated you. Do you honestly believe you deserve that, and nothing more? Does he deserve you? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    My gorgeous girlfriend commenting there

but i have the same views (funnily enough).

Moving on would be the best option, he does sound like an A-hole. I would estimate that there are 30+million men in the UK, surely theres got to be a good pick out of all of us

But as my GF says, do you think you deserve to be a bit on the side? To be used whenever he sees fit? You see it as being seedy and unpleasant, otherwise you wouldnt regret it

Move on is what i would say, and i know you'll come up with an answer to that statement
    You deserve so much more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thankyou
    He wasn't actually my first boyfriend I had one serious boyfriend before I met him and at first never thought of him as more than someone to flirt with (even though his mate told me he fancied me - sounds childish but was 3 years ago!) and went out with 3 or 4 lads in the meantime. There was just always something about him though that made me like him, maybe it was the fact that then he liked me (genuinely) that made me like him! And there have been several times when he have been really close and then drifted apart again, sometimes as mates sometimes as more. I know I need to forget about him but it's so hard.

And yeah I think I am in love with the idea of him. What could have been if he wasnt like he is now. I actually hate the person he is now and how hes made me feel and what he sees me as.
    Being drawn to someone because we feel they know us and love us for who we are is perfectly natural, we often form emotional bonds even if their not reciprocated with people who can actually be 'plain bad news', breaking those bonds hurts, its supposed to, your only human.

The most attractive women are able to love and be loved in return, women who say to the world, "I'm a catch dammit, you would be lucky to get with this", hang in there, it will get better.

I know how you feel. I met an ass like that once.

I broke up with my ex bf cause i liked him and we hung out loads but then he kissed my sister who knew i liked him so she stopped it. But then i told him i liked him and for a while it was nice. Like we were going out but werent. I asked for a relationship but he said he wasnt ready so i left it, then i went on holiday and he kept texting me saying nice things but when i got back he'd found someone else and i confronted him and he said it was nothing. Later i find out shes always at his and they kissed and he just totally forgot about me. Worst thing is he did the exact same to the other girl. Kept saying not ready for a relationship. Dont know why but i cried so much over him. I knew he was a total looser and player but i couldnt seem to get him out my head.

Now i realise getting over him was the BEST GOD DAMN THING I EVER DID! I now have a great bf who i love very much. The way i did it was cut yourself off from him. Delete his number, block him on msn and if he invites you round say **** OFF!

Trust me. Works.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.