Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys know how to set up the internetz in club easy houses, my internet cable wont fit the socket (i think i need some kind of adaptor...) +1 to anyone who can help.

im currently in the 24hour centre...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaager)
    Do any of you guys know how to set up the internetz in club easy houses, my internet cable wont fit the socket (i think i need some kind of adaptor...) +1 to anyone who can help.

im currently in the 24hour centre...
    Is there a router in the house? Sometimes they say that internet comes with the hosue but they havent actually set it up yet.

If they havent, yu're probably trying to plug your ethernet cable into the phone socket...

More to the point, who has wired internet anymore, its all about wireless!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by . sav .)
    who has wired internet anymore, its all about wireless!
    Halls of residence do for a start however i believe there maybe a wireless trial going to be carried out at Ferens this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexaris)
    Halls of residence do for a start however i believe there maybe a wireless trial going to be carried out at Ferens this year.
    Yes sorry, i meant the Scheme houses. Its easier to have wireless than install a new socket in every room. Whereas I believe the halls already have this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . sav .)
    Is there a router in the house? Sometimes they say that internet comes with the hosue but they havent actually set it up yet.

If they havent, yu're probably trying to plug your ethernet cable into the phone socket...

More to the point, who has wired internet anymore, its all about wireless!

now have a wireless router, I was trying to plug the ethernet cable into the phone socket lol :o: Internetz work fine now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    now have a wireless router, I was trying to plug the ethernet cable into the phone socket lol :o: Internetz work fine now!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    well i was trying to set it up as i did in the lawns...

ReputationRep:
    now have a wireless router, I was trying to plug the ethernet cable into the phone socket lol Internetz work fine now!
    knew it!

Dont work in IT for nothing ya know :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 11, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.