dealing with a "Bad" Housemate Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Did you write that on a phone with predictive text? xD
    Possibly :blushing: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit like what I went through last year. I had one girl who took a dislike to me from the word go because I was too quiet for her liking and she'd pick on me for things like cleaning or for doing things she didn't like. Talking to these people doesn't always work, it needs to come from someone outside the situation who can make them see differently. But I think being civil is a good idea as if you needed to take it up with the landlord or anything she then can't accuse you of doing anything wrong. It's pretty hard but I got through it and I hope you can do the same

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice again. Lol.

I think it wouldnt be so bad if I didnt feel like I was going to be so lonely when I got up there. Its weird actually, because im sort of glad we have fell out, as ive come to realise that she was just a huge bully and that she never actually treated me nicely anyway, she was always talking down to me. I think this will actually make me a stronger person in the end, I need to learn to deal with people that dont like me, its just a shame that my "home" wont be a relaxing place from it..lol.

Thanks again for all the advice, Ive just got to be the better person and just be civil and live my life :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauralollipop)
    Thanks for all the advice again. Lol.

I think it wouldnt be so bad if I didnt feel like I was going to be so lonely when I got up there. Its weird actually, because im sort of glad we have fell out, as ive come to realise that she was just a huge bully and that she never actually treated me nicely anyway, she was always talking down to me. I think this will actually make me a stronger person in the end, I need to learn to deal with people that dont like me, its just a shame that my "home" wont be a relaxing place from it..lol.

Thanks again for all the advice, Ive just got to be the better person and just be civil and live my life :-)
    I think so too. I've definitely come out a stronger person because I felt like I'd learnt to live with someone like that. Mainly I just stuck to my room and got on with my work (although she said that was rude) and if she was rude I went out. Can you do the same?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I can :-) thanks :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauralollipop)
    Yeah I think I can :-) thanks :-)
    You're welcome Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    you could always use the breakup of the friendship to **** with her...mentally...

I'm thinking slowly stealing her things...maybe leaving them around campus for her to find...hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I'm not gonna pretend it'll be easy, I managed to fall out with both housemates who sided with each other one year while my other housemate (best friend) was in London for one semester. I hated it i ended up practically living in my room and when i wasn't in my room i was at my boyfriends house, i felt unwlecome in my own home. Try talking to the other housemate and say you've had falling out with this girl and just say your a bit worried about the way she may behave towards you, this other housemate may support you.

ReputationRep:
    3 of my housemates turned against me and my best mate after a year or so. It was like hell living with them. One of them stopped talking to us completely, and they used to leave harsh notes. I just wanted to get out of there really. We couldn't even use the living room because they used to take over all the time. I am SO glad to see the back of them now.

Basically, see what this girl acts like when you move in with her. She might actually be OK with you. And that's a good thing because even if you don't end up being proper friends, at least you won't have to worry about her being in the house.

If she is a ***** to you, tell her to grow up and try and be friends with the other girls in the house.

If she ignores you then just ignore her back, best way really.

ReputationRep:
    In this situation now, but in my house contract I can't move out unless I get a replacement housemate and even then I have to pay extra and loose the deposit. What's your advice? Xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.