Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im Anna I am 18 years old and still in college which i enjoy and try very hard in when i left year 11 i currently left with 11 and a half GCSE which i find very good but it isnt education that im worried about. The thing is im in a relationship and its the best relationship i have been in. The thing is im 18 and he has just turned 33 he treats me so well its great the reason i turned to an older guy is because i noticed lads my age treated me horrible and my bf isnt after 1 things thats what some people might think but he isnt im not after a father figure i just like him for his personality and looks and how he cares for me he does everything for me nd i do same for him. But i need some help and advice on how to tell my mum anyone got any ideas any input would be great thank you x and thanks for reading this x x

ReputationRep:
    Start off by saying "I met this guy and he is really, really mature..." :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staranna)
    Hi im Anna I am 18 years old and still in college which i enjoy and try very hard in when i left year 11 i currently left with 11 and a half GCSE which i find very good but it isnt education that im worried about. The thing is im in a relationship and its the best relationship i have been in. The thing is im 18 and he has just turned 33 he treats me so well its great the reason i turned to an older guy is because i noticed lads my age treated me horrible and my bf isnt after 1 things thats what some people might think but he isnt im not after a father figure i just like him for his personality and looks and how he cares for me he does everything for me nd i do same for him. But i need some help and advice on how to tell my mum anyone got any ideas any input would be great thank you x and thanks for reading this x x
    just be honest with your mum its your choice not hers. at least as well she can believe that you are still focusing on your studies whilst in the relationship and not just focusing on other things...

ReputationRep:
    Interpretive dance?

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been with the guy? The longer you have been known him then the happier your mum may be about it...
    Just tell your mum that you are old enough to make your own decisions now and even if it turns out to be a mistake in the long run, it will only make you stronger and add to your life experiences. You're just at that age where you want to meet new people and try new things, and it would e wrong for her to want to limit these opportunities for you.
    How about something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staranna)
    Hi im Anna I am 18 years old and still in college which i enjoy and try very hard in when i left year 11 i currently left with 11 and a half GCSE which i find very good but it isnt education that im worried about.
    LOL only on TSR would you get mentioning of academic credentials when it's most irrelevant! :laugh: like it makes any sort of difference.

ReputationRep:
    You have 11 GCSEs yet you cannot use correct spelling and grammar? Wow.

On topic. That's a very silly idea. You will both be in very different places emotionally. You shouldn't be in a relationship with someone so much older really. You should be hanging out with people your own age and being a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    You have 11 GCSEs yet you cannot use correct spelling and grammar? Wow.

On topic. That's a very silly idea. You will both be in very different places emotionally. You shouldn't be in a relationship with someone so much older really. You should be hanging out with people your own age and being a teenager.
    I agree. What's with everyone on this thread saying oh yes just tell her you can make your own decisions in life blah blah blah.

If she's a good mother she'll point out the massive age gap, how you'll be changing a great deal over the next few years in your outlook towards life, and how you shouldn't be dating someone so much older than you.

All these liberal thinkers on here baffle me. Date someone nearer your own age or enjoy the happiness now before you realise you want different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    I agree. What's with everyone on this thread saying oh yes just tell her you can make your own decisions in life blah blah blah.

If she's a good mother she'll point out the massive age gap, how you'll be changing a great deal over the next few years in your outlook towards life, and how you shouldn't be dating someone so much older than you.

All these liberal thinkers on here baffle me. Date someone nearer your own age.
    You said it

OP, listen to me and this guy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.