Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (as the title says) that is apparently where Psychology is lectured. Just wondering if this is the building that had asbestos in it, and whether it is (not literally) falling to pieces?

Haha... thanks

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

ReputationRep:
    no idea if it has asbestos though I imagine not, I thought they had to get rid of it since it was found to be so cancerous. I had English seminars there last year - it's not brilliant but it's not falling apart, no leaks in the ceiling and it wasn't too cold in the winters...? I don't remember it well if there was something wrong with it I would do. You'll probably have things all over campus though there's a lot of people in Psychology so you'll need big lecture theatres in Founders and Windsor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impsmith)
    no idea if it has asbestos though I imagine not, I thought they had to get rid of it since it was found to be so cancerous. I had English seminars there last year - it's not brilliant but it's not falling apart, no leaks in the ceiling and it wasn't too cold in the winters...? I don't remember it well if there was something wrong with it I would do. You'll probably have things all over campus though there's a lot of people in Psychology so you'll need big lecture theatres in Founders and Windsor.
    Cool So long as it doesn't resemble a rickety shed, it sounds good. Sounds good also, I would love to study in the Founders Building, I swear I'm far too excited about this hahah :P

Bring on September '10 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Cool So long as it doesn't resemble a rickety shed, it sounds good. Sounds good also, I would love to study in the Founders Building, I swear I'm far too excited about this hahah :P

Bring on September '10 x
    well if you're doing psych you'll be in the sauna Founder's main lecture theatre. wear very little and take iced water.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you won't want to be taught in founders after one lecture there. Eugh. Main lecture theatre and Jane Holloway are two places I never want to see on my timetable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    Yeah you won't want to be taught in founders after one lecture there. Eugh. Main lecture theatre and Jane Holloway are two places I never want to see on my timetable.
    Why is this?
    Just curious... x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impsmith)
    well if you're doing psych you'll be in the sauna Founder's main lecture theatre. wear very little and take iced water.
    Haha oh dear :P doesnt sound cool:P

ReputationRep:
    Why is this?
    Just curious... x
    Because they're very old and very dated lecture rooms - Founder's main theatre still has desks in that have ink wells on them!! They're hot, stuffy, uncomfortable and the acoustics are rubbish as well.

It'll make you appreciate any lectures you have in the Windsor auditorium about 100 x more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotoftea)
    Because they're very old and very dated lecture rooms - Founder's main theatre still has desks in that have ink wells on them!! They're hot, stuffy, uncomfortable and the acoustics are rubbish as well.

It'll make you appreciate any lectures you have in the Windsor auditorium about 100 x more!

Haha sounds goood, thanks for the advice And I'll keep that in mind:P

ReputationRep:
    (as the title says) that is apparently where Psychology is lectured. Just wondering if this is the building that had asbestos in it, and whether it is (not literally) falling to pieces?

Haha... thanks

:cool:
    although your assumption makes sense, and it was the same one I made before getting to uni, the psychology bit does not mean psychology is lectured there. it means it is where the psy computer lab is, and some offices for staff ect. I have never had a lecture in their(expect ones using computers), psychology is one of the biggest classes so is nearlly always lectured in windsor building which is a very modern lecture theatre. Other subjects may have lectures there because they are smaller, and maybe some yr3 psy classes, but there is no room big enough for 150 plus students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennyng2000)
    although your assumption makes sense, and it was the same one I made before getting to uni, the psychology bit does not mean psychology is lectured there. it means it is where the psy computer lab is, and some offices for staff ect. I have never had a lecture in their(expect ones using computers), psychology is one of the biggest classes so is nearlly always lectured in windsor building which is a very modern lecture theatre. Other subjects may have lectures there because they are smaller, and maybe some yr3 psy classes, but there is no room big enough for 150 plus students!
    Thanks very much

Sounds good, gosh I'm so thrilled about applying soon, I can't wait! I know so much about psych at RHUL that I would be gutted not to get an offer! And when I do expect some celebrations on here

Thanks again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.