Turn on thread page Beta

How OK are you being alone? watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was with my girlfriend last year i couldn't wait to terminate the relation, wanted time to myself etc. Do what I wanted without being pestered.

But since then i've been free, single and trouble free. But the worst thing is, I don't like it. Got nothing to show or receive passion to. But being single also isn't too bad when you have intimate friends who you socialize on a regular basis with.

ReputationRep:
    Solitude sometimes is
    The place that I would like to live
    Solitude sometimes is
    When nothing really seems to fit

ReputationRep:
    Being alone takes getting used to.

Everyone needs a little bit of time to themselves, but if you're used to having people around you all the time then being alone all of a sudden can really hit home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bbeben)
    Depends when. Sometimes I love being with friends and sometimes I love being by myself. Worst is when you're forced to be alone since there is no one else around All you can do is get used to it.
    I quite agree.
    I do wish I saw my friends more often, but they live a bit all over the place and I never know where to go.

I don't ever really get the chance to be 'alone'...there's always someone in the house, just making noise or nagging at me to actually do something :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmoore239)
    I quite agree.
    I do wish I saw my friends more often, but they live a bit all over the place and I never know where to go.

I don't ever really get the chance to be 'alone'...there's always someone in the house, just making noise or nagging at me to actually do something :woo:
    Lol and to make the situation even worse is when you live alone :P Oh and when your girlfriend goes away for vacation and communication is difficult. Snap!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I live on my own and so spend a lot of time alone. Sometimes I feel a bit lonely, but mostly I like it, I can get on with my own things without other people getting in the way or disturbing me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol and to make the situation even worse is when you live alone :P Oh and when your girlfriend goes away for vacation and communication is difficult. Snap!
    I could cope living on my own... but with someone always in I find myself being lazy and letting them do it instead.

That's a bad one too. What's worse as well is if boyfriend's phone is on the blink and doesn't seem to like receiving/sending texts..
    No he's not ignoring me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not very, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmoore239)
    I could cope living on my own... but with someone always in I find myself being lazy and letting them do it instead.

That's a bad one too. What's worse as well is if boyfriend's phone is on the blink and doesn't seem to like receiving/sending texts..
    No he's not ignoring me :p:
    Haha that happens. And for some reason when you're by yourself everything is clean but as soon as someone else enters the picture everything gets dirty.

Ahh! The itch when you've got to send that one last text to that special someone but it just won't get through haha, how awful.

ReputationRep:
    i like being by myself sometimes but think if i saw my friends every day, i would kill them. i dont like it when im forced to be by myself, but then again who does.

my alone time helps me value my friends a bit more

ReputationRep:
    I hate being alone and I'm pissed off and fed up of it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    If im alone with a good book then im fine, but being alone with nothing intellectually stimulating for prolonged periods of time is frustrating.
    Id like to see more of my friends who live further away, but alot of my friends live nearby so im pretty much ok =D
    Plus I have my trusty six stringed steed to keep me company and provde entertainment! ^^

ReputationRep:
    urrrm im not really alone at the mo :/
    i miss some people from college.... used to see a really close friend everyday but havent seen her allll summer as we've been away at different times

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm having a pretty lonely summer, but I manage. Only seen my friends once so far this summer and I haven't been on a night out since Uni. . Because my friends are in bands (it's a Northern Ireland thing) they all keep in touch at band parades, so they all get to see each other and I don't.

What really pisses me off is people you somehow know in Facebook, like former work colleagues, moaning and crying that they're having a lonely week and are completely miserable because they 'can't get out this weekend', when they have been every weekend all summer.

I want to put them all into a big sack and beat it with a stick. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I hate being alone. I'm a very social person so I love being out and about with friends or with my boyfriend. I hate staying home!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I like being alone but I'd rather go out with people. The majority of people I'm close enough to go with are on holiday and don't get back till just before/just after I go.

Ah well, only a few more days of boredom till stuff starts happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    I get used to it, I'm about 60 miles from all my friends atm and my girlfriend has glandular fever :facepalm:. So I can get lonely, I keep myself occupied though.
    Right hand or left? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    Right hand or left? :ninja:
    Oh dear, didn't even notice how horribly I had worded that.

ReputationRep:
    Haha that happens. And for some reason when you're by yourself everything is clean but as soon as someone else enters the picture everything gets dirty.

Ahh! The itch when you've got to send that one last text to that special someone but it just won't get through haha, how awful.
    Hmmm. I can make a mess of my room quite well on my own tho!
    I hate that. My phone takes the mick when I want to send something important...and it can never find signal

Work seems to be taking over a bit too this holiday. But I shouldn't complain; it's money right?

ReputationRep:
    Emotionally, I absolutely love being alone. I'm just that sort of solo character. Never have really liked sharing compassion and all that with others, to the extent where classmates have labelled me as being 'cold as ice', 'robotic' and stuff. I do have girlfriends though, only for the sex but otherwise I'm not only OK being alone, I'm better off!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.