Turn on thread page Beta

How OK are you being alone? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    Oh dear, didn't even notice how horribly I had worded that.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen my friends quite a bit this summer, but even when they're alway on hols etc I don't mind being on my own at all.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i actually think i'm a terrible people person. i only enjoy being with a select few people and HATE people invading my space. i love being alone mor than i thought i would, as i thought (well i still am) a very social person. its lucky i have a bf before i realised all this, cos i'd be too stubborn and moody to go and find one after. i think i'm jsut really selfish and i dont really care about many people, but those i do care for, i am very loyal to. i think i jsut live better a an indepenant, solitary human being.

ReputationRep:
    I like being alone at times, I think it's pretty unhealthy if you're never alright with just being on your own.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a really sociable person and love going out and mixing with other people - however i love having 'me' time also , and think everyone needs their own alone time...

ReputationRep:
    i do like some time on my own... it always helps. But you have to see friends too - otherwise that would just psych me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombola)
    But really I'm just interested in knowing if there are people out there that haven't really been in touch with others and are dealing perfectly fine. So yeah people, how OK are you being alone at the moment?
    I personally couldn't give two flying *****. I have my girlfriend, my best friend lives with me & I have my mother. I'm alone a fair bit of the time, but these 3 people make my life. I love them all to bits.
    I get lonely, of course, but okay, being online gamer who has loads of "fans" has it's advantages at times like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Doesn't bother me too much because I'm freee to do whatever I want when down town on the weekend.

But I would like to 'fall in love' i guess.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I also quite like solitude but I also would like to fall in love. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Not that great. Hoping that with the change of school that there will be a lot of change and time to meet new people/make new friends. I'm a person that gets easily bored and sadly only been going out to meet friends like once/twice a week which sucks.

Really feel like I wanna be at uni where you can meet some great friends and just more to do.

ReputationRep:
    I like being alone with my thoughts, I never get lonely even when I hurt my back for a week and never saw anyone I was fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving it.
    My parents went away last week.

But i got Swine Flu so i had to fend for myself.

Doesn't really bother me

ReputationRep:
    Fell in love but broke up about a month ago.

To be honest I'd rather I was with someone for the closeness and the fact that I'd have something to do (and all the other great things associated with relationship)! However, probably feel much better not being with my ex - so much wasted time spent arguing or sad about things that were pretty meaningless in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very independent so I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine being alone and I can amuse myself for ages. I can also be quite sociable and at the beginning of the hols I saw my friends a lot so it's nice to have some time alone with my thoughts. At Uni I'll probably just go wild though and turn into some social butterfly

ReputationRep:
    I'm a total recluse, so I deal with it pretty well
    I only realise how lonely I sometimes am once I see my friends again!

ReputationRep:
    i havnt been alone much because i DO have friends, but when i AM alone i DON'T hate it because i DO enjoy it
    so SHUT up and F UCK off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris king)
    i havnt been alone much because i DO have friends, but when i AM alone i DON'T hate it because i DO enjoy it
    so SHUT up and F UCK off
    lol.

to the point - I am basically never alone, just can't. Its fine for 5 mins.
    Im like a baby :o:

ReputationRep:
    I dislike ... well loath to the very pits of damnation sitting on my own for long periods of time, if I get the opportunity to get out of my room I take it and feel a bit put out when I miss an opportunity, be it due to transportation difficulties (no car) or money.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much ok

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.