Turn on thread page Beta

Does the current "over-sized nerd specs" fashion bug you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Only fake glasses I ever wore were the harry potter ones they sold, when I was 7. And they had magical powers :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me really...let them be sheep if they want to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    It bugs me too, as a fellow myopic. I've worn glasses since I was 6. It's a facking nightmare most of the time and these people really take the biscuit with their fake glasses with no bloody lenses in them.

Oh and to add insult to injury I can't even HAVE big frames!! My eyesight is sooooo horrendous, I have to have small frames to accomodate the ridiculously thick lenses. Baaaaaaah humbug.
    can't be as bad as mine, I'm -5 in my right eye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    Geez and I was depressed at my -2!!

ReputationRep:
    It's almost hilarious how something once considered "Oh so lame" like big nerdy glasses (and nerds altogether) has become a fashion trend.

I have the big glasses you're talking about, but they're proper prescription specs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    As a fellow bespectacled tsr member..
    Haw haw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    no, mainly because I have a pair. they're tortoise-shell and amazing.
    they're just an accessory, get over it.
    Do you actually need glasses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    ....but those glasses are like a jalapeno on top) :coma:
    aha, I like the analogy..

But yep, they annoy me. They're all trying to be Potter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    It doesn't really bug me, but I don't get the point of wearing glasses unless you have to!

The glasses-related thing that does bug me is those neon coloured ones with lines across. I can't describe them very well but I hope people know what I'm talking about. I can't help thinking what is the point of them? They look hideous and you can't see through them. Then again, I don't really understand fashion so maybe I'm missing the point.
    I know what you mean! Even worse is when they're sunglasses and they've just got a couple of lines ontop then you can see through the rest. What's the point??

I didn't know big glasses were in fashion. Maybe I just live in a very backwards place.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad was -8 in one eye, something like -6.5 in the other.
    He had laser surgery pretty much as soon as the technology existed :yep:
    I hate having to wear glasses, although the past couple of pairs I've had have been pretty decent ones which would be horrendously expensive normally, but I had a full NHS optical voucher by still being at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccoles)
    aha, I like the analogy..

But yep, they annoy me. They're all trying to be Potter.
    Have you TRIED them? They'd probably look pretty cool on you :cool:

:love: ehe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered by it but I think it does look silly. I need to wear glasses and I only wear them when I need to, like in a lecture, I find them uncomfortable to wear and don't feel they suit me so for people to wear them just for the hell of it or as a fashion statement confuses me a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know this was still a current trend. I dont like it anywho, it looks stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    My Dad was -8 in one eye, something like -6.5 in the other.
    He had laser surgery pretty much as soon as the technology existed :yep:
    I hate having to wear glasses, although the past couple of pairs I've had have been pretty decent ones which would be horrendously expensive normally, but I had a full NHS optical voucher by still being at school
    it sucks bigtime when the eyes don't focus the same, my left eye is much better than my right which makes reading hard without glasses; text just goes in and out of focus!

I might get laser eye surgery but have to wait as my eyesight has to settle for a while before I can get it done...
    although...I kind of like being short-sighted as it really helps being able to focus on close objects when making jewellery

ReputationRep:
    My overal prescription is -11 with a -4 astigmatism. Oh it can be much worse than yours!!

ReputationRep:
    Everything about fashion bugs me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Have you TRIED them? They'd probably look pretty cool on you :cool:

:love: ehe.
    I haven't... next time I'm in Topman I will do and then conclude that I look silly & refuse to buy them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    Everything about fashion bugs me.
    O rly? lol
    Some styles are really catchy. Others just irritate me to the maximum.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the Kanye West glasses from Stronger. As an individual fashion statment, it was acceptable. Now that everyone's wearing them - no. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccoles)
    I haven't... next time I'm in Topman I will do and then conclude that I look silly & refuse to buy them :p:
    Ohh but you must take picss to remind yourself of what you look like with them on for just in case you change your mind.. :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.