Turn on thread page Beta

Does the current "over-sized nerd specs" fashion bug you? watch

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really annoy me, I just think "haha, what a ****" whenever I see it. Yeah, it was cool a few years ago, but not now every wannabe hipster owns a pair. I hate it when people only follow trends once they've become "safe".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Ohh but you must take picss to remind yourself of what you look like with them on for just in case you change your mind.. :yep:
    Well of course if no one is watching... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    It bugs me too, as a fellow myopic. I've worn glasses since I was 6. It's a facking nightmare most of the time and these people really take the biscuit with their fake glasses with no bloody lenses in them.

Oh and to add insult to injury I can't even HAVE big frames!! My eyesight is sooooo horrendous, I have to have small frames to accomodate the ridiculously thick lenses. Baaaaaaah humbug.
    hah, i could have written this post, I am exactly the same!

You really suit your glasses though :yes:

I got new ones on Monday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccoles)
    Well of course if no one is watching... :p:
    'ave a quick snap when no one's looking.. Just make sure it's not blurry 'cos that's no good :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    can't be as bad as mine, I'm -5 in my right eye!
    I'm -8 in one and -9 in the other (that's my new prescription from a week ago)

I can hardly see a thing without my glasses even if it's really close up about a few feet away, things are still blurry. The good thing, though, is that my eyesight is great with my glasses (or contacts!) :love:

people wearing glasses when they don't need to :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Do you actually need glasses?
    nope, I have top-notch vision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    nope, I have top-notch vision.
    Wow, like congratulations or whatever.

I thought my eyesight was bad: I have a -3 prescription, and my gran's is -0.3... Lmao, but yeah, I think it's pretty pretentious and stupid to wear glasses when you don't actually require them to see. Still, I've resigned myself to the fact that most of the people who wear them are also the ones who were arrogant ****s to kids who wore glasses in school, and who generally have no grasp of fashion beyond whatever's currently stocked in Urban Outfitters. Just saying...

L xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tendercuriosity)
    Wow, like congratulations or whatever.
    what's your point? someone asked me, it's not as if I came in here announcing it for no reason.

what a ridiculous comment.

ReputationRep:
    Yup bothers me, hate the way they use them to look trendy! I've been wearing glasses all my life but would never wear something so ugly!

ReputationRep:
    Prescription glasses- no matter how visually liberating they are they have always been a bit socially inhibiting. This tend is a strange one.

As a wearer of thick prescription glasses (since I was 13) i'm getting a bit annoyed with this trend as it has cause people to moan about paying a tenner for a set of fake ones. First they don't need them in the first place! Secondly as anyone who wears glasses will know they are usually a tad more expensive than £10. I'm sure people with a genuine need for glasses would happily swap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I'm not really bothered. I have proper things to worry about.
    bothered enough to comment on the thread though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    bothered enough to comment on the thread though!
    Woah, this thread is about a year old. I don't even remember that comment :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Woah, this thread is about a year old. I don't even remember that comment :rofl:
    haha i didn't notice the date

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.