Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, if this is a very easy and basic question:

I was wondering what the procedure for A-level results being published were?

Do you get them by post, or collect at school... what to people tend to do? And what time do you get your results?

Sorry for the simplicity, its just that i didnt do A-levels.. so require some information on this

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about everyone, but i am collecting my results from my college at about 11 on the 20th. And i am very scared!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oddjobong)

Do you get them by post, or collect at school... what to people tend to do? And what time do you get your results?

Sorry for the simplicity, its just that i didnt do A-levels.. so require some information on this
    you collect at school on 20th august time varies from different schools but id predict 10:30 in the morning

or theyll send it by post if you dont collect them

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my results from my school on the 20th of august at about 9/10 am, going into school btw
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

depends on the establishment, i can get mine at 00:01 on the 20th online, so no sleepless night for me :p:

ReputationRep:
    thanks very much... much needed information.. which kinda makes me feel better... but still bad if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    depends on the establishment, i can get mine at 00:01 on the 20th online, so no sleepless night for me :p:
    Is that on your school intranet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Is that on your school intranet?
    yeah, you can log into your student area where all exam results are, your learning log and other shizzle, its private so only you can see it.

ReputationRep:
    i might try that, not too sure if it would work though.

can we long onto UCAS at 00:01 and see there? as in, whether or not we got into our unis if we have a conditional, but not our exact grades!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you can log into your student area where all exam results are, your learning log and other shizzle, its private so only you can see it.
    I'm so jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    i might try that, not too sure if it would work though.

can we long onto UCAS at 00:01 and see there? as in, whether or not we got into our unis if we have a conditional, but not our exact grades!
    From what I've been told, UCAS only updates offers from 7am on results day. I'll be frantically refreshing from about half 6 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    lucky *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    lucky *******
    if you think hes lucky... try 6th July... yep! IB students got their results on 6th july... all through internet.

but crap if you need to go through clearing and have to wait over a month :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i get mines in the post....:yes: which is pretty cool, means they are there when i get up and i dont have to go to school to get em.

ReputationRep:
    if you think hes lucky... try 6th July... yep! IB students got their results on 6th july... all through internet.

Rofl at how annoying this must be, I can't imagine unis letting near miss candidates in without knowing what A level students have got in.

I'm checking Edexcel online for Maths and Chem at about 6am, then heading over to UCAS track at 6:30am and hopefully I'll be over at school by 9am knowing that I'm going to my firm.

(Original post by roryq)
    i get mines in the post....:yes: which is pretty cool, means they are there when i get up and i dont have to go to school to get em.
    Getting up? Are you saying you plan on going to sleep on the 19th? Naive child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Getting up? Are you saying you plan on going to sleep on the 19th? Naive child.
    of course, i dont really get the big deal about results, il get them when i get up, if they are good happy days if they are crap then so be it....its a sheet of paper with a list of grades....nothing more or less...and definately nothing i have ever lost sleep over...

anyway i think i could guess what i got right now and it is more than sufficient.

ReputationRep:

wow - i spose it gives you a long time to plan.

Thats really quick - so all papers marked within 2/3 weeks of the last exam - thats amazing. Does anyone know why a level esults have taken so long this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    of course, i dont really get the big deal about results, il get them when i get up, if they are good happy days if they are crap then so be it....its a sheet of paper with a list of grades....nothing more or less...and definitely nothing i have ever lost sleep over...

anyway i think i could guess what i got right now and it is more than sufficient.
    they are kinda like the next 4 years of you life if not longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    of course, i dont really get the big deal about results, il get them when i get up, if they are good happy days if they are crap then so be it....its a sheet of paper with a list of grades....nothing more or less...and definitely nothing i have ever lost sleep over...

Yeah, it is. It's also the sheet of paper that decides the next year if not the next decade of your life. To an extent it decides where you'll be in 30 years time.
    So no, not at all important.

(Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    wow - i spose it gives you a long time to plan.

Thats really quick - so all papers marked within 2/3 weeks of the last exam - thats amazing. Does anyone know why a level esults have taken so long this year
    IB's finished much earlier than A levels I think. This year old spec and new spec need to be marked, that would probably extend it by a week or so as you'll need to moderate two different groups.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are all edexcel so I get mine on the edexcel site at 6am on the 20th.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.