Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    The British Condition?

Would that be complaining about every single thing and sueing other people because it's not going the way you want?
    thought that was america? xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm a proud Briton. I love this nation and I'm quick to jump to it's defence when people are negative towards it. Although sometimes I can understand why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Haha, yep it's quite small. I'm surprised people like Gibraltar so much tbh xD
    This is really, really random but on the subject of Gib...Do you know if they sell toys in Mothercare there? Like, little bikes or something?! Haha, once again really random - sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I want to leave. British people are arrogant and backwards people in the main. I also want to live in an immigrant society like Canada, theya re much more interesting.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Piss off then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    This is really, really random but on the subject of Gib...Do you know if they sell toys in Mothercare there? Like, little bikes or something?! Haha, once again really random - sorry!
    Yeah they should do, only been in there once so I didn't really notice. But I'm sure they should lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Yeah they should do, only been in there once so I didn't really notice. But I'm sure they should lmao.
    Lmao, thank you I just wasn't sure if they only sold clothing and stuff! I have family in Gib and want to get my nephew something when I go over cos I can't take much with me in my case! (Just incase you thought I was a total weird randomer!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Lmao, thank you I just wasn't sure if they only sold clothing and stuff! I have family in Gib and want to get my nephew something when I go over cos I can't take much with me in my case! (Just incase you thought I was a total weird randomer!)
    Ahh right . Either way there are loads of toy shops, so i'm sure you'll find him something

ReputationRep:
    No, I really like England to be honest. I has its ****** bits like everywhere else in the world (bits you don't usually see on holiday), but it really is one of the better places around to be alive.

I say England rather than Britain because I have never been to Wales or Scotland, although I am sure they are pretty cool too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    its good and bad at times. Only thing i hate is the fact that i live in leicester. Moving out asap.
    Leicester is not that bad :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcfch)
    Wouldnt mind living in Hong Kong if Im being honest. But I do like London. Dont know what Im going to do after uni, Im tempted to go and live in HK for the rest of my liiiiiiife
    Me too.. Actually I'm fine with living anywhere BUT the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura373)
    thought that was america? xD
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    :iiam:
    your face is a mystery, shut up saying that xD
    (excellent insult on my part :awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Leicester is not that bad :hand:
    HA! I suppose so, I mean I haven't been to every part of Leicester. It's just the area that i'm in (melton road area)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    HA! I suppose so, I mean I haven't been to every part of Leicester. It's just the area that i'm in (melton road area)
    Hmm Melton Road is ok, though I've never lived there tbf :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drew_)
    Yes, England is better than every poverty stricken country and is probably better than some not so poverty stricken ones. However, it is ran by a bunch of money grabbing fools who like nothing better than screwing the tax paying public out of their money.
    blame it on the idiots who voted for mr Tony B liar

We have a gang of people roaming the streets victimising the young and any road user going a small fraction over the speed limit, who arrest people to keep up their "targets" instead of capturing theives, murderer and rapists.
    target culture in publice services blame Bliar again, but you really a a daily Fail reading twonk if the think the police are working hard at dealing with all sorts of crime ... ( and BTW speed cameras are effectively managed by local councils it's just the police are used to issue the fines )

We work constantly and pay our hard earned money to a government who then hand it over to people who havent worked a day in their lives.

We pay money towards health care, then are denied it because the beds in the hospital are taken up by old people who have been kicked out of their nursing homes, and because we are funding thousands of smack heads methadone habit.
    pull t'other one it;s got bells on it ...

methadone is cheap as chips and certainly cheaper than the on costs of keeping a habit

beds in hospitals are not taken by 'people kicked out of nursing homes', bed blocking is an issue but that's down to the lack of a work ethic in local government

ReputationRep:
    I think you have every right to complain, as the process of 'making a suggestion to improve the country and having it passed through legislation or put into practice' is awful. If that were to get fixed I would be telling you that you need to help improve the country rather than moan.

I find the country on the whole OK, if we have nothing else we have democracy (though some may argue that the Tories and New Labour are practically the same now anyway). I could, for example, draw up a billion and one suggestions to improve the country, yet no high ranking politician would want to hear it - they're all too busy, and quite rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    I understand where your coming from. I hate so many things about this country. I hate how people are still so obsessed with class here and how materialistic we are compared with other European countries; I hate the labour party, the conservatives, the BNP, UKIP and the lib dems; I hate the state of British politics at the moment; I hate the fact that so much money has been pumped into the NHS and education but it's all been sucked dry by middle-management, local authorities and ill-conceived policies; I hate chavs but I also hate the hypocritical middle-class; I hate tabloids and broadsheet. The list goes on... Nonetheless, I don't want to leave this country permanently as there are plenty of things that makes me want to stay.

ReputationRep:
    Oh one more thing that's great about this country: The BBC. Trust me, compared to public broadcasting in other countries it absolutey rocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Oh one more thing that's great about this country: The BBC. Trust me, compared to public broadcasting in other countries it absolutey rocks.
    That's a pretty rubbish reason to like a country though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.