Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    If you think England is small, you'll think Gibraltar is non-existant. Only 30k people here. Means everyone knows everyone. You're actually lucky to be in Britain.
    say hello to my family for me, they should be there now or you may have just missed them. they said it was a horrible dirty place, just joking, said it was nice.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Britainbut when the sky is overcast and 2 weeks of rain are predicted it can be slightly depressing. I would prefer to live in Canada but I don't dislike the country; far, far better than France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    If you think England is small, you'll think Gibraltar is non-existant. Only 30k people here. Means everyone knows everyone. You're actually lucky to be in Britain.
    Sounds like Gibraltans are in dire straits. HA!

ReputationRep:
    I love living in england because its held together with duct tape
    I love it because people love a good moan and have a sense of humour which i feel in sync with.

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about moving to Sweden when I'm older but to be quite frank I can't imagine life hugely improving apart from the internet (yeeaaahh.), music tastes and living standards. Taxes apparently are pretty high.

In any case, the nanny state, if it materialises properly, has done its job on me. I'm too scared to move ¯\(°_o)/¯

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatguy_25)
    If I ever moved, I'd move to America. They have everything we have, but without all the rubbish that goes with it here

Now that's what I call a bad decision. Well, at least all the girls would like you, because you'd have "British accent".

ReputationRep:
    I read in the newspaper that pregnancy test kits sales in tescos has increased some 9% ... says alot really about Britons.

ReputationRep:
    our educational system? lol Compare Cambridge with Harvard. (I'm probably not getting the point though, sorry)
    But Cambridge is around £3,400 in tuition fees a year with an interest free loan for it. Harvard costs... well unless you are the absolute best of the best and can get a scholarship it costs more than 95% of people could afford.
    Also the fact we have the NHS is just brilliant. I can't believe how much people moan about it, its one of the best things about this country.

Although, I agree with you in that while I have pride in where I'm from, I can't wait to leave, there are many things that infuriate me with Britain.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I know what you mean... but at the same time... it's my place and i'm familiar with it. I couldn't leave either... Another country would bring on new complications and I'd miss home way too much, I'd want to be back straight away.

But I get so bored here... there's nowhere to relax! If i want to go anywhere like the park... it's filled with drunk kids and people shooting drugs... They ruin england so much... what do you do if you just want to get some fresh air and read a book or relax with your friends outside. If not for the chavs I think this place could be perfect... But we definitely need more entertainment... not just the getting pissed variety but other stuff... But I'm near a small town so I suppose it may be different elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to go live elsewhere, but i'm afraid that if I commit to it and then the novelty wears off, i'll be stuck there

But yeh, Britain is great. I'm proud to be English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by re-animator)
    I love living in england because its held together with duct tape
    I love it because people love a good moan and have a sense of humour which i feel in sync with.
    lol duct tape away. The british are benevolent bodgers And the british sense of humour just happens to be another thing I hate lol everyone finds the same un-funny things funny, and I can't for the life of me understand why :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind being British and I like living here, but I wouldn't want to spend my whole life here, knowing there is so much more out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)
    Bloody monoglots. The rest of Europe takes the chance to learn at least one other language and Britain knows nothing except 'feck off'. Also, I am under the impression that British food is composed of either pastry or roasted meats. No wonder the nation's favourite food isn't even natively British.
    How is that a bad thing?!

ReputationRep:
    Nope! I love Britain. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiVji)
    I read in the newspaper that pregnancy test kits sales in tescos has increased some 9% ... says alot really about Britons.
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    yeah I know what you mean... but at the same time... it's my place and i'm familiar with it. I couldn't leave either... Another country would bring on new complications and I'd miss home way too much, I'd want to be back straight away.

Bu I get so bored here... there's nowhere to relax! If i want to go anywhere like the park... it's filled with drunk kids and people shooting drugs... They ruin england so much... what do you do if you just want to get some fresh air and read a book or reax with your friends outside. If not for the chavs I think this place could be perfect... But we definitely need more entertainment... not just the getting pissed variety but other stuff... But I'm near a small town so I suppose it may be different elsewhere.
    I feel for you, although I'm probablt not the best to associate with this. I live in a sleepy village in the middle of no-where, full of suburban housewives, victor meldrews and nosey old people. Not a scrap of land free from trees and grass. Ick lol.

ReputationRep:
    Then move. But you'll soon find that the countries you've been thinking are so much better than Britain are just as bad, just in different ways.

(Original post by ShiVji)
    What, exactly, does it say about Britain? It says absolutely nothing, except 9% more people are buying pregnancy tests from Tesco. If you said, "pregnancy test kit sales amongst 12 year olds has risen X%", then that might say something. But considering we're not having enough children to keep our population stable, I'd say a rise in pregnancies would be a good thing.

(Original post by Chrrye)
    How is that a bad thing?!
    You obviously haven't tried any other cuisines.

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you, although I'm probablt not the best to associate with this. I live in a sleepy village in the middle of no-where, full of suburban housewives, victor meldrews and nosey old people. Not a scrap of land free from trees and grass. Ick lol.
    But the entertainment point is a big one. Britain has the highest teenage pregnancy rates in Europe, and we're legendary for our alcohol consumption. Simply because there's nothing better to do than have sex and get jolly well drunk. (I must say I'm a T-total in both respects, not neccessarily by choice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    say hello to my family for me, they should be there now or you may have just missed them. they said it was a horrible dirty place, just joking, said it was nice.
    Haha, tourists seem to love gibraltar, don't really know why. I think it's the heat and the Apes. :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.