Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to remove dark areas in the corners of lips/mouth? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob Smart)
    I have the same problem. My dermatologist prescribed Fluticasone Propionate Cream, 0.05%. I have been using it twice a day for the past month and have seen some pleasant results. In the U.S., it cost about $63.
    Did it work for you? The corners of my mouth are dark and kind of cracked. Do I have anyhope?

ReputationRep:
    Have you talked to a dermatologist about your problem? You really should because they are the experts in this area. The corners of my mouth are a little dark but not cracked. So the cream I use does help with that.

ReputationRep:
    Have you talked to a dermatologist about your problem? You really should because they are the experts in this area. The corners of my mouth are a little dark but not cracked. So the cream I use does help with that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have eczema around my lips and there's no cure for it but there are ways to control the inflammation.
    I use this face mask that really helps for the dark areas and eczema around my lips
    what you need: oatmeal, a few drops of water, few drops of honey.

Firstly for your face you only need roughly a teaspoon of oatmeal you don't need that much, the honey makes the mixture bigger.
    I don't think you understand by what I mean a few drops of water like literally, only a few drops, just to make the oatmeal doughy like play dough.
    If you add a bit to much water and you can mix the the oatmeal you've added too much water..just add more oatmeal.
    Then add honey, perhaps a teaspoon, your choice.
    mix it together.
    Make sure your face is washed and dampened, then rub the mixture on to your face in a circular motion.
    Leave it for 20 minutes, or more.
    Once it has dried don't wash it off with a face wash, just use a face towel and dampen in warm water and wipe it off.
    Once you have wiped everything off, dry your face and moisturise.
    Your face will feel so soft and will help control the darkness around your lips.

(Original post by Princestia)
    lol thanks for the posts so far. Still not found something that works Anybody know of any creams or something that will lighten this to normal skin tone. I think the dark areas are from marks left by multiple spots occuring in that area.
    It makes my mouth look very wide lol.

Please help. Thanks so far

By the way, yeah I know this thread is old but still not found an answer.

Thanks
    Apple cider vinegar, I had the same problem as you and even needed steroids for my eczema around my mouth. After using apple cider vinegar it cleared up my eczema and got rid of the pigmentation. Don't have to use steroids at all now. Dilute 1:1 ratio of water and ORGANIC apple cider vinegar

You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG I have the same problem too! Someone please help

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem and have tried everything from exfoliation to creams to try and make it work but it doesn't. What I would say is if it is really bothering you, go to see a doctor or dermatologist about it. Or try to cover it up using make up by applying an orange/peachy cream corrector or lipstick to the dark corners and blend, then apply foundation or concealer on top.

Please let me know if you find something that works! x

ReputationRep:
    i have the exact same problem and i hate it. the worst thing is that the rest of my face is really clear and clean and the greyish bits around my mouth just ruin it. i have heard that lemon, honey and sugar mixed together work. i havent tried it yet. u leave it on for like 10 to 20 mins every night. can someone try it and tell me if ir works thanx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I've heard that products such as Bio Oil or Superdrug's Restoring Skin Care Oil can help. You could also try some other skin brightening products and hyperpigmentation treatments. I also have dark bits at the corners of my mouth and I just bought some of the skin care oil the other day, I'm hoping it'll live up to it's good reviews!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.