Turn on thread page Beta

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Nose Pore Strips watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried them and do they work as well or at least nearly as well as the Bioré strips? I have some blackheads on my nose and feel like giving some pore strips a go as I've heard they work quite well. However, I don't think it's enough of a problem to justify buying the Bioré strips as they're significantly more expensive (£7.82 for a pack of Bioré from Boots, whereas for the own brand ones it's £4.39 a pack of 2 for £5 which seems like a very good deal).

The reviews on the Boots Website at least suggest that they're quite good, but I checked on ciao and most of the reviews there aren't so positive, so I thought I'd see if I was able to gather any more opinions before I made my decision

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you thought the Bioré strips worked well? I found them to be terrible.
    The best ones I've tried are by Montagne Jeunesse. You can either buy them off their website, or sometimes they have them in Boots.
    Haven't tried the Boots own brand ones that you say about, so can't comment on those, but might give them a try next time I'm passing through the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, sorry, that's not what I meant, it's just they seem like the brand to use if you're going to go for it so I assumed they worked quite well.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see. My quest for pore strips has been frustrating so will be interested to try these Boots ones at some point to see how effective they are (even the Montagne Jeunesse ones that I mentioned aren't 100% reliable, unfortunately).

Some reviews:
    T-Zone: http://biancasbeautyblog.blogspot.co...re-strips.html
    Montagne Jeunesse: http://biancasbeautyblog.blogspot.co...ed-orange.html

No Bioré review up though. Strange, I thought I had tried them at some point :/

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thank you, I definitely won't bother trying the T-Zone ones then. Superdrug also have their own brand pore strips containing Tea Tree so I may give those a go as well

ReputationRep:
    no never used them..i can't get past the nasty smell of them..!

ReputationRep:
    i have the boots tea tree oil and witchhazel spot stick, it doesn't really help unless you want your spot to grow into a bloody summit ..so if the stick is anything to go by i wouldn't think the strips would do much striping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALICEMOON)
    i have the boots tea tree oil and witchhazel spot stick, it doesn't really help unless you want your spot to grow into a bloody summit ..so if the stick is anything to go by i wouldn't think the strips would do much striping.

And I used the boots tea tree and witch hazel peel off face mask 2 days ago, which is meant to unclog pores etc etc, and it was absolute crap. I think biore pore strips are good though.

ReputationRep:
    I've used them, didn't really do anything for me but then I don't have any blackheads (silly here thought they might just clear my pores)
    Only other thing is that I thought the shape was a bit odd, I cut mine up so that it would actually cover my nose but I've only ever used the boots ones so it might be that they're all like that.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the Superdrugs ones. They tend to get more out of my pores, which are pretty bad on my nose!

ReputationRep:
    The Superdrug ones are good then? I might give them a go first since they're about half the price of the Boots ones and I suppose it makes sense to work from the cheapest ones upwards.

ReputationRep:
    I found the Superdrug ones to be better too.

It works a lot better if you either steam your face first or put them out as soon as you come out of the shower. Your pores will be more open so more comes out!

I saw a video on Youtube about them and the person recommended using an ice cube on your nose afterwards to close the pores.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know of a Savers here, and I've never actually shopped in them myself, but there's a Bodycare, is that a similar sort of thing? There may well be a Savers but tbh I usually just go to Boots, I feel bad buying toiletries/cosmetics and not getting Advantage Card points :p:

Edit: I just checked, there isn't a Savers in my city. I think I'm going to go into Superdrug to at least have a look at their own brand pore strips so I may as well have a look around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meltdown30)
    I found the Superdrug ones to be better too.

It works a lot better if you either steam your face first or put them out as soon as you come out of the shower. Your pores will be more open so more comes out!

I saw a video on Youtube about them and the person recommended using an ice cube on your nose afterwards to close the pores.
    Or just splash your face with cold water. :p:
    But yeah, just after a shower or a hot flannel on your face first makes the results better. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    Erm, OP, I am 99% sure my local pound store sell Biore nose strips ... for ... wait for it ... £1! Not sure how many are in a pack though.

Have you tried Savers (if you have one nearby), or Superdrug? Boots really overcharge for them! Savers & Superdrug sell them for a lot less and have other brands that works just as well.
    £1?! no way! I pay full whack for them (well I have done in the past...) Please let me know if you're right!

Also, yes definitely steam your face before you put it on

ReputationRep:
    They're satisfying to use, but don't really make much difference in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I went in to Superdrug today, bought the tea tree ones from there, went home and tried it after steaming my face for a few minutes and...nothing. It didn't even seem to stick to my nose very well. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I have them. They don't really work that well. I don't find them 'sticky' enough if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that seemed to be the problem with the Superdrug ones, they barely stuck at all. I may give up on this quest as I do not wish to pay £8 for six.

ReputationRep:
    they're really crap. i bought some on the two for £5 thing and they were terrible. i don't even have black heads, they just kinda pull a bit of grease or whatever out of a few pores but these did nothing. there's another tea tree brand that do them (erm in green packaging) that are way better, and the ones you get in bodycare.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.