Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If people saw you as a loner... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say if people saw you alone all/most of the time becaue you were quiet and enjoyed your own company or something, well would it bother you if others thought you were a loner honestly? Would you be ashamed of being a loner? Or would you be proud of it? If so why?

ReputationRep:
    not really its no1 elses business why im alone or not so i wouldnt caree

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't bother me. I go into city centre on my own occasionally. And sit in random places on benches on my own :ninja:
    As long as in my head I know I'm not a loner, **** what anyone else thinks.

ReputationRep:
    If I was alone it would be because I don't know/like/get along with those around me. As such, I wouldn't care what they thought of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    Say if people saw you alone all/most of the time becaue you were quiet and enjoyed your own company or something, well would it bother you if others thought you were a loner honestly? Would you be ashamed of being a loner? Or would you be proud of it? If so why?
    Well in general you wouldn't be a loner unless you had no social skills....so how could you be proud of that? :confused:

I might be making a big assumption but oh well...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what there is to be ashamed of. We all try to live the way that makes us happy, to the extent we are aware of what that is.

There is no pride in being a loner for it's own sake, but there is a small degree of pride in daring to live life however we'd like, to the extent we are aware of what that means.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just go to the bar and get drunk, basically.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know, but i'm guessing i'd want people to try and get to know me before they make comments.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, well it depends what you mean. I'm not bothered walking around places by myself, in fact I conciously think about how I walk and hold myself when I am alone.

but say if I was at school or uni for more than 2/3 months and I still wasn't friends with anyone, then in that context I probably would be wondering what everyone else was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    People probably see me in that way but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't give a rat's arse.

ReputationRep:
    who cares? I don't/

ReputationRep:
    It's only a big deal, if you make it a big deal. People probably don't even notice. It's human nature to notice more/have more awareness of your own sense of self, than the public will have of you.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like being alone sometimes. Especially if I'm in town or at music festivals.

ReputationRep:
    i hate going alone anywhere, i feel really uncomfortable, i guess i have no confidence ...

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less, to be frank I enjoy my own company.

When out with friends we're generally loud as you do, but when i'm out alone i get slight more attention. For example popping into town to grab something quick, birds are on it basically.
    Was at this bar on Friday night, oh my how many people pop in for a solo drink, shocks me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    no it wouldn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    Everyone cares about what everyone else thinks of them.

It's just some do more than others, and then some just won't admit it.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother me at all what other people thought, if I prefer my own company more than theirs - then who the hell are they to judge me? The only person who my company preference affects is me

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't care what people think of me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.