The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was seen as that guy, and it didn't bother me. I had a small group of friends, but often when they weren't around I'd be alone - especially as we took largely different subjects. To be honest it didn't bother me, I didn't get on well with most of the people at my school anyway. I made more friends outside than I did inside.

Personally I'd rather be confident on my own than not. Some people have to do everything with others, its rather limiting. If I want to do something, and someone else wants to come along, cool, but if they don't its not going to stop me doing what I want to do.
Reply 21
will.
I honestly don't care what people think of me.

Ditto.
Reply 22
Cook
loner=loser u suk @ life & hav no m8s, y wd u wan 2 b 1 lol?

:confused:
Reply 23
1)I think that two or three brilliant friends are better than hundreds of fickle friends.

2) In my opinion, Loner + Good Book = Perfect Company =D

3) If people like to be on their own then thats fine, people are strange x]
x-pri-x
not really its no1 elses business why im alone or not so i wouldnt caree

exactly this. f*** people
I am what I am.

I'm not going to be ashamed of the fact that I like to be alone from time to time. But I'm also not going to be "proud" of it.
Reply 26
Just do what you want- who really cares if someone else dosent like it.
Reply 27
Couldn't give a ****.
People probably see me as a lot of things, no point in stressing over their opinions though.
Reply 29
I don't really have any friends and it doesn't bother me too much... Yes I may go into Pubs, Restaurants, Cinemas on my own... But I couldn't care less!
Reply 30
yes
Reply 31
I was unlucky enough to find myself in a whole bunch of unfortunate circumstances, which screwed up my social skills, and basically meant that for the first 20 years of my life I had no friends, and no contact with other people worth talking about. Only now am I starting to make friends, and actually experience that side of life.

During school I overheard rumours of how I'd just come out of prison, how someone told them that I was insane and was put into 'normal society' as a part of my treatment, etc etc. I was the archetypal 'intimidating loner' character, and people were just scared of me most of the time.

In all honesty, I felt so far removed from all other people around me, and so little like them, that I really didn't care what they thought of me. It's not as if I gained or lost anything by them liking me or not, but I would have liked it if they were just a little bit more tolerant of me. I had a massive problem with chavs acting like a macho hardass in front of me to impress their friends.

I am an extreme example though.
Reply 32
I would hate to be thought of as a loner especially since I hang out with friends haha! How contradicting. But given your situation as long as you are happy with how you are and when it comes to those occasions you talk to people and act normally - then it's fine!
Reply 33
I like to give an air of mystery, but I don't like people staring at me...

Anyone who says that they don't care what other people think of them lies.

Spoiler

Once you think like this guy, you shouldn't give a **** about anything. I personally couldn't give a rat's arse about it.
Reply 35
Yes it would bother me.

Being known as a loner can deprive you of so many opportunities in life e.g. oh don't invite him he's a loner, he's a loner don't date him.
I'm a loner, obviously i cant help but care somewhat of what people think of me, however, i try not to let it get to me.
I am a loner and I don't care. People at work always say to me that they said hello to me on the street and I never say hello back - that's because when I'm out of work, then I mostly ignore people unless something drastic happens! I'm fully content on my own inmy own little fantasy world and I don't care what people think of me unless like, the have the power to sack me or influence my life in any way.
I'm alone most of the time when I'm going out tbh and I really don't care what the people think of me (and yes - I have sometimes seen them giving me looks :rolleyes:)
I am a mixture of proud and ashamed. I have no idea what people think of me for it though so whatever.

Latest

Trending

Trending