Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unexpected facebook friend requests?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been lucky I guess, no completely random friend requests as such. But there are people who never made the effort to speak to you in school when you were actually around them; and they you add purely to boost their friend count and never bother speaking to you on FB either. That pisses me the hell off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Yes I do, usually 30-40 year old Asian men.
    LMAOO! I get a bunch of African freshies that add me AND send me emails saying stuff like 'Hi i'd love to meet your beautiful smile one day' and 'we would make such great friends...' :lolwut:

I once got added by Lord Xenu. I accepted it just for a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    i had a joke with some friends last year and we all changed our names, and i changed my facebook name to philippa mary sex-mason and the next day i had 65 friend requests, all from random guys, none of whom i had mutual friends with. about 5 had sent me messages as well. needless to say, i changed my name..

i sometimes get randoms adding me, with a few friends in common. i accept them, look at their profile and if i definitely don't know them, i remove them.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. It's not as bad as it was on myspace.
    There I got all sorts of random people adding me.

Ah Myspace, it was so 2005.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Decline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverly81569)
    It's really weird when that happens I have ppl from turkey friend requesting me
    Me too, and Israel and Pakistan,,:confused: I have never been to any of those places..ever.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook killed meeting people online. Everyone is so suspicious now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it happens.

Just ignore their request.

Or if you want to show people how "awesome" you are, accept.
    Because nothing screams -I'm popular- more than a lot of facebook friends. *Cough*

ReputationRep:
    It could be just some lonely horny old woman, lol.

I collect friend requests, have over 100 pending now. There is a variety of freaks on there.

Sometimes I get random messages too. Like this guy messaged me and said 'Can I ask you a question? Does anal hurt girls?' And I said come here and I'll **** you with my big black ****. He said 'But you are a girl in your profile picture..' and I said well 'I am a shemale' hahaha and he blocked me as fast as he could. Serves them right!

ReputationRep:
    This made me check the fake 2nd facebook account I made a couple of months back as exam procrastination as the beginning of an elaborate prank on a friend. i never got round to the rest of the plan so the profile has just been sitting there with a random picture of a pretty girl I added.

I get back and it has 29 friend requests, 1 poke and 1 complimentary message from random people. All guys except for 1 girl!
    Do these people actually think the know someone by the random name I put up or are they just using facebook to cruise for girls?
    The wouldnt have been able to see anything but the name and picture I put up

They are not particularly foreign or of any race, a mixed bunch really apart from being all -1 guys

Also what should I do with them now? :evil:

I think this happens to girls a lot more than guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.