Turn on thread page Beta

Too scared to go back (details in 1st post) watch

During the October half term last year, I went and stayed at my brother's house. He shares a house with three other Germans - one boy (aged 29), two girls (aged 26 and 27). More like one man, two women to be fair.

So I arrived and met his house mates when I was there. I met the girl aged 26 first, she was pretty cool, had a funny sense of humour, not great looking but still good. I met the man the next morning, he was laid back and good to chat to.

I met the girl aged 27 in the afternoon that day, and this is where the problems start. She has this really bubbly personality, really cheerful and always looking on the bright side of life. She has boundless energy and jokes around a lot. She flirted a lot with me, particularly when we first met, but I wasn't great at flirting back. She's really intelligent too (got a 1st at degree and a PHd in Physics from a top university). I became really attracted to her. Her English wasn't always great, but that made for even more laughs with her. Her looks were beautiful too - long brown hair, fairly tall (5'10, just shorter than me), athletic body, curvy, firm breasts and arse. I was attracted to her in about a day. We did a fair amount together, for example climbing (where she was seriously stunning).

Here are my problems however. What we did together, we did with my brother and at least one of the other house mates. I felt constrained by my brother - he has never had a girlfriend himself and he expects me to act in a certain manner about the people he knows so I don't give off the wrong impressions. I didn't want to seem too pervy or overly interested so whenever she spoke to me, I didn't look her in the eye much and nor did I speak with much excitement as if I was interested with what she said.

Throughout the day, when she came home from work, I was always watching the TV and later that week, my brother told me she thought I was a lazy arse (when I'm not). I wasn't very enthusiastic about much and I gave the excuse that I was preparing more an important upcoming university interview. I was then unsuccessful with that interview (she wished me luck for it) and I'm afraid she may think I'm both an academic and social failure if I return to my brother's to stay for another week.

I later learned that the German man and the woman I really liked were in a casual relationship, something my brother told me, and now it just seems even more wrong. I really, really liked her, loved her almost, because of both her brilliant personality and amazing looks.

Sorry for this being so long - what should I do? I want to return to my brother's for another week and tell her my feelings, but with all the stuff that happened before, she will probably not be too keen on me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, sounds like your brother was a bit clingy and he should have really taken the hint...did you tell him you were interested in the girl cos then maybe he might have let you two go out by yourselfs?

Anyways at the risk of embarrassing yourself if I were you I'd go back there and tell her how you feel or at least see how it goes, you never know, she might be feeling the same way you are

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? if you dont mind me asking.

(Original post by lillylillylilly)
    How old are you? if you dont mind me asking.
    I'm 18.

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Hmmm, sounds like your brother was a bit clingy and he should have really taken the hint...did you tell him you were interested in the girl cos then maybe he might have let you two go out by yourselfs?

Anyways at the risk of embarrassing yourself if I were you I'd go back there and tell her how you feel or at least see how it goes, you never know, she might be feeling the same way you are
    the thing is, she is really joyful and generally open and joky/flirty like that with my brother and the other two house mates, and even the other guests that came round now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the thing is, she is really joyful and generally open and joky/flirty like that with my brother and the other two house mates, and even the other guests that came round now and then.
    Hmmm but did you feel she was more open/flirty with you as opposed to other people?

ReputationRep:
    A word of advice, don't mention the war

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Hmmm but did you feel she was more open/flirty with you as opposed to other people?
    sounds strange but she was more flirty with me in front of my brother than on my own/with other people. I think my brother over-prepared for when I was coming round, he is a bit of a control freak. maybe he told her to act really friendly around him? I'm not too sure.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    I don't mention the war to Germans who are clearly too young to have grown up in the war period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sounds strange but she was more flirty with me in front of my brother than on my own/with other people. I think my brother over-prepared for when I was coming round, he is a bit of a control freak. maybe he told her to act really friendly around him? I'm not too sure.
    Well i don't think girls would really do that whole "more flirty" thing just for one person...if you got on with her really well, which by the sounds of things you did, then go for it....

bumping this to get more replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    http://comixed.files.wordpress.com/2...onkey-lold.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I :love: Jeremy clarkson (in a manly way :awesome: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Clarkson??? Get yourself sorted out! Honestly, some people! Ever heard of Fawlty Towers? :p:

OP, she sounds like she's the kinda girl that every bloke fancies... Make a move on her perhaps, but don't sit her down to tell her "your feelings"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    If I was gay, Captain Slow :love:

(Original post by Gibb~)
    If I was gay, Captain Slow :love:
    Can you please stop spamming and either help me or gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    ok bro, I would tell her how you feel i guess you only have one life so don't have regrets in life, take the plunge and gamble.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    ok bro, I would tell her how you feel i guess you only have one life so don't have regrets in life, take the plunge and gamble.
    did you even read what I wrote?

ReputationRep:
    If I was you, I'd concentrate on sorting my uni life and future out instead.

ReputationRep:
    IF shes dating the other person then you ought to wait.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.