Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lafin23)
    Only one comment to make about this...why did you go to a college, just for him?! You should always do what you think is best for you, not what you think is best to keep other people happy. He sounds like a bit of a jerk to me (based on the above), but then again, I don't know the full story...try and be happy with the friends you have, don't let him drag you down any further.
    that sounds like me lol
    yeah i am happy with the friends i do have its just im not really close to anyone as i was with him and i just miss our friendship =(
    thanks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    well basically, i have been best friends with this guy for yearss he was like one of my first 'real' friends and then about 5 years back he moved cities up north and we still kept in touch- i used to go birmz to see him and he used to come down to london and stuff and we spoke everyday about pretty much everything from shopping to guy problems and stuff although there were times when he used to admit he wanted to be with me but I think he got over that anyway so last September he came back to London and we both started college together - I didn't really want to go to my college I wanted to go to a sixth form but he was like im coming London for you and this is the only college I can get into so you have to come! and I felt bad so I enroled there.
    the first few days he was always with me like everywhere i went and i didnt mind becuase obviously he knew nobody else and my mates used to get pissed off at me like whys he always following us but i explained to them and stuff and i kept trying to introduce him to guys that he could be cool with but he thought i was introducing him to 'wastemanz' so i gave up - and from then on everything was just different like we hardly ever spoke and i heard from alot of people who knew he was my best friend that when he spoke to them he was like 'pris not really my bestfriend thats just what she tells people' so i just didnt speak to him much and he asked why, i told him then he was lyk nah thats BS so i was like okay and hes told me soooo many times in the past that im his best mate but i heard from soo many people who didnt know each other say the same thing so i just thought forget it! and like i guess were not bestfriends anymore but i miss talking to him =( like if he walks by he wouldnt look at me but then when college was over he phoned me only cause he wanted something and then started saying how hes defo gona come c me in summer but i said yeh whatever and wev not spoken since then
    anyyyway this sounds really childish and long so sorry but basically the point of this thread is im on my mates facebook ( i dnt use fb) and hes online and iv been wondering for ages if i should talk to him or not cause i really want my bestfriend back =( and is their any point or would i just look stupid etc
    thanks
    It's hard to give an opinion based on relatively little information but I don't think that you should contact him. You've done a great deal already for him and it doesn't appear like he cares too much about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    It's hard to give an opinion based on relatively little information but I don't think that you should contact him. You've done a great deal already for him and it doesn't appear like he cares too much about you.
    yeah their are alot of details which I haven't gone into but its hard to forget some1 after alot of years =(

Friends grow apart. Always. And especially when a guy is friends with a girl. Even if you two make up and he's once again ur friend, it'll only be anotherr 3 years or so till u both go in different directions! He liked u once and he still does I bet, u cant be friends after that so of thing in my opinion. (it would make it hard for him to get over u)

ReputationRep:
    yeah their are alot of details which I haven't gone into but its hard to forget some1 after alot of years =(
    True but you can't let people treat you like **** because of that. Do you still consider him to be your closest friend and do you have a large circle of friends? If you have other friends, I think that it would be a lot easier to move on than if he was/is your only real friend.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious you want to talk to him, and I think if you do it'll make you feel better, cause you'll know that you've tried, butif he's an idiot to you again, you'll just get hurt, so I think you should give him a comment just to see how he is, if he wants to talk to you more, he will. If he doesnt start talking to you more, then he's a complete waste of your time. You were after all his only friend, so he should be so thankful to you, but he's not, showing that he's not worth it, if he cared for you as much as you do for him, he'd show how he felt.

Bet you he posted a thread on a forum asking if he should come back to London or not, and someone gave him really bad advice =P Hope your okay, and as Lafin23 said, do what YOU want, not what will please others.

ReputationRep:
    well basically, i have been best friends with this guy for yearss he was like one of my first 'real' friends and then about 5 years back he moved cities up north and we still kept in touch- i used to go birmz to see him and he used to come down to london and stuff and we spoke everyday about pretty much everything from shopping to guy problems and stuff although there were times when he used to admit he wanted to be with me but I think he got over that anyway so last September he came back to London and we both started college together - I didn't really want to go to my college I wanted to go to a sixth form but he was like im coming London for you and this is the only college I can get into so you have to come! and I felt bad so I enroled there.
    the first few days he was always with me like everywhere i went and i didnt mind becuase obviously he knew nobody else and my mates used to get pissed off at me like whys he always following us but i explained to them and stuff and i kept trying to introduce him to guys that he could be cool with but he thought i was introducing him to 'wastemanz' so i gave up - and from then on everything was just different like we hardly ever spoke and i heard from alot of people who knew he was my best friend that when he spoke to them he was like 'pris not really my bestfriend thats just what she tells people' so i just didnt speak to him much and he asked why, i told him then he was lyk nah thats BS so i was like okay and hes told me soooo many times in the past that im his best mate but i heard from soo many people who didnt know each other say the same thing so i just thought forget it! and like i guess were not bestfriends anymore but i miss talking to him =( like if he walks by he wouldnt look at me but then when college was over he phoned me only cause he wanted something and then started saying how hes defo gona come c me in summer but i said yeh whatever and wev not spoken since then
    anyyyway this sounds really childish and long so sorry but basically the point of this thread is im on my mates facebook ( i dnt use fb) and hes online and iv been wondering for ages if i should talk to him or not cause i really want my bestfriend back =( and is their any point or would i just look stupid etc
    thanks
    A Brummie is never going to be a Londoner.

He doesnt give a damn about you.

Plus he probably thinks you fancy him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Friends grow apart. Always. And especially when a guy is friends with a girl. Even if you two make up and he's once again ur friend, it'll only be anotherr 3 years or so till u both go in different directions! He liked u once and he still does I bet, u cant be friends after that so of thing in my opinion. (it would make it hard for him to get over u)
    i doubt that he does because i made clear to him that we were just friends and nothing moree and we were still good friends for very long after that

(Original post by Nutta!)
    A Brummie is never going to be a Londoner.

He doesnt give a damn about you.

Plus he probably thinks you fancy him
    well he was a londoner for 11 years then brummy for 4 years but i guess he grew up more in birmingham....and he knows i dont fancy him definitely I always used to go on about boys to him alll the time so that's out of the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    True but you can't let people treat you like **** because of that. Do you still consider him to be your closest friend and do you have a large circle of friends? If you have other friends, I think that it would be a lot easier to move on than if he was/is your only real friend.
    nope I don't consider him my closest any more I feel stupid calling him my best friend after hearing from a lot of people that that was just 'what I thought'
    yeah I have lots of other good friends so im not lonely or anything its just like I felt like I grew up with him sort of in a weird way..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelr)
    It's obvious you want to talk to him, and I think if you do it'll make you feel better, cause you'll know that you've tried, butif he's an idiot to you again, you'll just get hurt, so I think you should give him a comment just to see how he is, if he wants to talk to you more, he will. If he doesnt start talking to you more, then he's a complete waste of your time. You were after all his only friend, so he should be so thankful to you, but he's not, showing that he's not worth it, if he cared for you as much as you do for him, he'd show how he felt.

Bet you he posted a thread on a forum asking if he should come back to London or not, and someone gave him really bad advice =P Hope your okay, and as Lafin23 said, do what YOU want, not what will please others.
    yeah thats what my mates have said too but i always think the best of people and i hardley ever seem to be right lol

i dont think he uses TSR which is good, i dont want him knowing I wrote this after so many months!
    and about doing things for others i felt like i owed it to him like we always spoke about when he was gonna comeback to london and then he said hes coming to my college for me and i thought awww and i also thought he wouldnt know anyone so i should be there for him
    and im okay thanx lol i just seen him online a couple of times and just wondered if i should say something or ignore him..

ReputationRep:
    does your friend have him on facebook, or did you search him up? cause if she has him as a friend, then maybe you could go on your friends account, and change her status to something that will catch his attention, or let him know its you. or put it as something that he'd normally do, or couldnt resist commenting. I think you should have a month of putting yourself first (or at least treat yourself a bit better!), just to see how it makes you feel =P but make sure you dont hurt anyone and dont treat others badly just cause your doing it :P I know I hardly know your situation, but he generally does sound like a bit of a **** so Id say try not to see him again cause it'll just make you miss him more afterwards, but you should talk to him (only if he initiates it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelr)
    does your friend have him on facebook, or did you search him up? cause if she has him as a friend, then maybe you could go on your friends account, and change her status to something that will catch his attention, or let him know its you. or put it as something that he'd normally do, or couldnt resist commenting. I think you should have a month of putting yourself first (or at least treat yourself a bit better!), just to see how it makes you feel =P but make sure you dont hurt anyone and dont treat others badly just cause your doing it :P I know I hardly know your situation, but he generally does sound like a bit of a **** so Id say try not to see him again cause it'll just make you miss him more afterwards, but you should talk to him (only if he initiates it)
    yeah she has him, even my mum does!! lol wierd...well they do know each other so i changed my mums status to 'priyanka - sooo bored!' and i was chatin to my cousin in birmingham which he knows too and i mentioned his name ( he called me for yur number jus wonderin if he got in contact wit u after) and it was late so he must have seen it in his status updates but didnt say nothing...
    hmm i gues thats true but when he phoned me ( cause he wanted my cousins number) after that he seemed all chatty like what u been up to , how were exams and il defo come and see u in summer catch up and that) buti was so confused about what was happening that ijust didnt talk properly and since then we havnt spoken
    and i heard he did say hes not coming to my college next year but hes gonna enrol somewhere else in london...itl be wierd lol

ReputationRep:
    haha, thats so weird.

no offence meant at all here, but instead of having status' like "so bored" why dont you make it something fun, so when he sees it he'll miss the fun times you guys had? throw your amazing social life in his face (if its not amazing, who cares, pretend it is!) and then he'll be well jealous :P

hmmm, couldnt he have just text you asking for the number? the fact that he stayed on the phone to chat shows that he likes talking to you and that, and probably wants to catch up with you, but "catch up" doesnt mean "become bbfl again" so watch out!

well since he's coming back, means you'll see how he feels, depending on what he does; if he says you should meet up, he's not a ****, if he doesnt, well, the end

ReputationRep:
    From what you said, he doesn't seem to care very much for you. He had been using you these past years and bringing you down telling your mates you were not so close. That's not because you are friends that he can force you to go to the same uni as him. You won't be happy if you keep doing what others want you to do instead of listening to your own desires. I understand it's hard to forget him but I've had a similar situation and you'll feel better after. If he really cares about you, he'll come back.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, he doesnt seem worth it.
    I had a similiar situation with my best friend last year, i always wanted to get back to how we were, speak to her etc but in the end i didnt and you get over it. If he's anything like my friend its only a matter of time before they try to do the whole best friend thing all over again.

Your mate has obviously messed you around and its bothered you. Do what you want to do, for you!

ReputationRep:
    hmm okie thanx for the advice everyone =)

ReputationRep:
    How the hell could anyone else read that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    How the hell could anyone else read that?
    I tried, and then my eyes just started burning.

ReputationRep:
    I feel out with my friends a few years ago, i just wish i hadnt have been so silly about it all because i lost my best friends over something so small, we were all really silly about it. I do have friends now but it not the same. I say just talk to him, Or you will regret it! If he doesnt bother with you, or is rude to you when you talk to him then at least you tryed and can stop thinking what if.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.