Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this has prolly been asked a lot, but I was wondering...do people still hang out in cliques at uni? Asian to one side, whites to another; geeks, jocks, nerds, etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlivelife)
    Hey, this has prolly been asked a lot, but I was wondering...do people still hang out in cliques at uni? Asian to one side, whites to another; geeks, jocks, nerds, etc.?
    i'm not in uni yet
    tho form what i heard of mates who are
    yes and no
    some people hang out like in prison yards
    other dont

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather hang out with people who derive from different races and ethnicities to myself, tbh :sigh:
    I hope loads of people don't actually hang around in 'cliques' =\

You're gonna get cliques throughout your life, tbh. From the play ground to the old folks' home. :moon:

So, yes, probably.

ReputationRep:
    yes and know they do exist but are more welcoming than in school

ReputationRep:
    Yup they sure dooooo, but there's not quite as much of a 'this clique is better than that clique' thing going on as at school.

ReputationRep:
    Do different ethnic backrounds not hang around with each other? lol thats really funny. At my old school there was 2 Asians (who were brothers) some one looked a bit Chinese and someone who was half black. This is the most diverse the school has ever been and the school has 600 pupils. The ethnic minorities can't really hang around with each other.

ReputationRep:
    there are not as many cliques at uni, but they are about, i think the biggest one at my uni is the rugby team

ReputationRep:
    Erm somewhat

Big azn clique at UCL, I extradited myself away from this fairly snappily and hung out with the rah kids in first year

Rowers and rugby players form their own cliques, I found all of these fairly easy to infiltrate however and swanned from one to the other during my first year till I found a group of friends I actually liked

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.