Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please

Hi,
    I am a 19 year old guy and I am average height and build. However, I still feel like a skinny little child! I think this is because my older brothers and my dad are all very tall and well built in comparison (broad shoulders etc)

I have trouble with relationships because I just don't feel like much of an adult lol. I also have pretty poor self confidence that affects my social life and work at uni. I'm not saying these things are cause and effect, but Im sure it has an impact.

Does anyone have similar experiences, or tips for overcoming this.
    Thanks

(Yep, MASCULINITY FAIL!)

ReputationRep:
    hmm, how about if u try to the gym to boost Your self confidence
    plus look at it from a different angle
    for sure u do excel in other asspects, that ur parents and brother [no offence] suck at
    just like they are well built and your not :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    tips for overcoming this.
    Thanks

(Yep, MASCULINITY FAIL!)
    an action plan

1. lift weights
    2. drink protein shakes
    3. start taking steroids
    4. repeat 1 and 2
    5. become hench and walk around sayin' I'M THE JUGGERNAUT ***** !!

that'll get you the pussy

ReputationRep:
    There's a fitness section on TSR and many articles out there that can help you get larger and more muscular.

I also noticed I was much more intimated by people when I was small - now I think it's the opposite way. "Tough" guys i.e. chavs, cocky guys, whatever look away from me now. It's a nice feeling and the girls come easy

Thanks guys. Believe it or not it didn't actually occur to me to start going to the gym lol. But bodybuilding is all about boosting the self confidence isn't it?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.