Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever used drugs? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    She's got colombian flu :woo:

:excited:
    Eh!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Yeah, plus I was an idiot and took some when I was coming down on MD...felt like three hours of my life had been stolen from me. I don't know, I just felt too out of control.
    thats another thing, mixing causes most of the problems, if someones already ****** then dont know how much there taking of something else, am guilty of mixing too, dont want to sound all high and mighty haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    They don't make you write better music or create better art. If you're creative, you're creative and it's much more impressive to be clean cut than half cut.
    The Author Aldous Huxley, the philosopher Michael Foucault, The Author Ken Kesey and the psychologists Richard Alpert and Timothy Leery and many of the CEOs of apple and Microsoft back in the day all used psychedelic drugs and claimed that they enhanced and in some cases even provided their creative genius. That there can be value for intellectuals in psychedelic drugs is, because of this, I feel, incontrovertible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortRef)
    denial!
    haha how can that be denial? when i explained i can go out on just water, i dont need them, i just enjoy the different feeling to being drunk

ReputationRep:
    I was just using the 60s stereotype of 'cool dudes taking drugs' to make my point. Brian Wilson is just getting over that era. It's not something that anyone should have to risk going through.

ReputationRep:
    If you've already used drugs there's nothing you can do about that. Don't use any more.

If you haven't used any drugs- don't. Not even once. Not even the midler ones. They're not coffee- they're not alcohol. They can really destroy your mind rather than just your physical health.

It's not even cool any more. It's not the 60s- it's over. They don't make you write better music or create better art. If you're creative, you're creative and it's much more impressive to be clean cut than half cut.
    What qualifies you to be telling people what to do with their lives and what they should/shouldn't be putting in their body? Have you done all these drugs or done in depth research on them?

Oh, and the cool thing is irrelevant if you're over 15. You've got to be a major douche to think smoking pot makes you cooler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Eh!?
    My mate (you've met him) once went to work after being out all night, came in with his hood up looking sketchy as ****, and added bits of coke to coffee just to get through it, and his boss went watch out for ***** he's got colombian flu

That wasn't worth it was it?

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't used any drugs- don't. Not even once. Not even the midler ones. They're not coffee- they're not alcohol.

Alcohol can destroy lives, probably does more so then the others.

(Original post by hoonosewot)
    What qualifies you to be telling people what to do with their lives and what they should/shouldn't be putting in their body? Have you done all these drugs or done in depth research on them?

Oh, and the cool thing is irrelevant if you're over 15. You've got to be a major douche to think smoking pot makes you cooler.
    *claps*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    My mate (you've met him) once went to work after being out all night, came in with his hood up looking sketchy as ****, and added bits of coke to coffee just to get through it, and his boss went watch out for ***** he's got colombian flu

I just Urban dictionaried it.. :rofl:

New word :p:

Good job his boss was cool tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

thats what i mean about keeping it in moderation, and not letting it effect your day to day life, once or twice is ok aslong as it aint a habit

ReputationRep:
    If you've already used drugs there's nothing you can do about that. Don't use any more.

If you haven't used any drugs- don't. Not even once. Not even the midler ones. They're not coffee- they're not alcohol. They can really destroy your mind rather than just your physical health.

It's not even cool any more. It's not the 60s- it's over. They don't make you write better music or create better art. If you're creative, you're creative and it's much more impressive to be clean cut than half cut.
    Do you know alcohol is a more damaging drunk than some of the weaker illegal ones? Such as cannabis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoFf)
    I'm trying to get this information for my sister's biology project
    Its Marijuana love.

(Original post by forsaken_earth)
    ketamine, cocaine, speed, acid and obviously marijuana in all forms. Mainly coke.

I've been in rehab with heroin junkies who were having a ******* hard time going cold turkey, so that certainly put me off smack.
    Lets party sometime, watch pulp fiction maybe change your mind about that smack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe312)
    The Author Aldous Huxley, the philosopher Michael Foucault, The Author Ken Kesey and the psychologists Richard Alpert and Timothy Leery and many of the CEOs of apple and Microsoft back in the day all used psychedelic drugs and claimed that they enhanced and in some cases even provided their creative genius. That there can be value for intellectuals in psychedelic drugs is, because of this, I feel, incontrovertible.
    Joe, I'll admit that my 'argument' is entirely hard line- it's a rule I think is worth living by- but I think that there are enough creative young people who've never taken a drug to disprove the idea that drug use necessarily enhances creativity.

Looking at the world differently in any way can enhance creativity, but it's not a risk worth taking to do it by taking drugs because, just as time (and excessive quantity of food for instance) takes it toll on the body so surely does drug use and you can't perform plastic surgery on the brain if you change your mind, as so many do, about wanting to live fast (well, many actually live slow) and die young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)

Lets party sometime, watch pulp fiction maybe change your mind about that smack
    You're a **** wit, I'll probably neg you at midnight

(Original post by Ashley.W.)
    thats what i mean about keeping it in moderation, and not letting it effect your day to day life, once or twice is ok aslong as it aint a habit
    We're students, **** happens

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any of them. Sort of makes me feel like I missed out on a life experience by not trying coke or MDMA though. I wouldn't do anything you had to smoke caus I don't like the feeling of smoking and I definitely wouldn't do heroin. I was just never in that kind of crowd at college or high school. The closest addiction we come to was a PC game addiction :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Wtf?

"The drug's not as addictive" - it's not addictive at all.

There is no comparison to the comedown with Coke and MDMA; I've done quite a bit of Coke in the past and I've never really come down. The MDMA comedown is much worse; it makes you feel absolutely numb and just dead.

And wtf... you can't begin to compare the effects of MDMA with Coke. People do Coke if they want to be speeded up and a bit obnoxious and confident etc... Makes you a bit more lively and awake. If you do MDMA you're completely out of your heads, buzzing to music, out of control, staring at lights, being generally dazed and completely out of it.

There's no way you can say "don't do Coke, do MDMA", just makes no sense... you could easily do Coke and then go to work, you couldn't do that with MDMA. In my experience, they're not even comparable.

Just :facepalm: at your whole post tbh.
    Right. My best friend tried some coke a few months ago while I was out with her, and she felt a lot worse after coke than MDMA. Who knows, it may have been bad quality or something odd mixed in with it, but she was a lot worse off after that than after a comedown from MDMA. True, she could have gone to work the next day, but after that for the next three days she suddenly crashed and was horribly depressed and then got flu-like symptoms, when an MDMA comedown usually only lasts for the next day. Judging by how she was, I'd certainly never do it. In any case, drugs affect people slightly differently, seems you were lucky.

And wtf, yes it is much more addictive than MDMA! It's known to be one of the most addictive drugs out there!

You can't say the effects of MDMA and coke are not comparable. They're both stimulants, both give you a rush of energy. I have not tried coke, so I'm not going to pretend I know the exact feeling, but I've been told by numerous friends that the effects are similar.

Anyway, pointless to argue about it since it's a subjective thing. I just wanted to say that MDMA is probably a better way to go since the effects last for longer, and there's a shorter comedown period.

Oh, and please don't 'facepalm' people, it's not very nice now is it?

ReputationRep:
    No, Drugs = Pathetic Person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    No, Drugs = Pathetic Person.
    http://scienceblogs.com/sunclipse/picard-facepalm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Drug taker I guess?

My reaction would tend to be laughter if I met you then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Ket on a mandy comedown is good.
    Lol, was awful for me!

Besides...horse tranquilizer...wtf was I thinking...

I don't know why but I feel that weed isn't as bad as the rest. Something kinda herbal and 'natural' about it. And it doesn't affect you that much, it's just a nice, lazy feeling with no comedown or anything. Whereas the rest seem all artificial and something I wouldn't really want to put in my body...get what I mean?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.