Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever used drugs? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    Weed/hash
    Coke
    Acid
    Ketamine
    Loads of opioid pills
    E
    Valium
    Probably other **** that has been in pills.

And countless "legal" highs.
    Magic gold is the best though.

Replaced the weed with magic now though aha, is cheaper and stronger usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Joe, I'll admit that my 'argument' is entirely hard line- it's a rule I think is worth living by- but I think that there are enough creative young people who've never taken a drug to disprove the idea that drug use necessarily enhances creativity.

Looking at the world differently in any way can enhance creativity, but it's not a risk worth taking to do it by taking drugs because, just as time (and excessive quantity of food for instance) takes it toll on the body so surely does drug use and you can't perform plastic surgery on the brain if you change your mind, as so many do, about wanting to live fast (well, many actually live slow) and die young.
    You're are an idiot if you think that, creativity has been spurred on in the past because of drugs, in fact usually drugs to the point of overdose and this helped inspire some of the greatest music ever made.

Not only in that field however if we look at actors & actresses, Johnny Depp, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams...
    The list could go on but a Technique used by actors developed or practitioned first by the teachings of Stanislavsky. Some of the roles probably wouldn't have been acted or created as well without the use of drugs, Heath Ledgers the joker as my final example.

ReputationRep:
    Katieloula got rinsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    All this thread has done is make me REALLY want to do loads more drugs.
    Come round mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    Come round mine :p:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Aww man, you beat me to it! Plus you worded it better than me
    haha same opinions though, better look next time!

ReputationRep:
    Ever wondered how the band Muse get their inspiration for writing such unusual sounding and spectacular music?

Turns out they wrote much of their stuff whilst on magic mushrooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    You're are an idiot if you think that, creativity has been spurred on in the past because of drugs, in fact usually drugs to the point of overdose and this helped inspire some of the greatest music ever made.

Not only in that field however if we look at actors & actresses, Johnny Depp, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams...
    The list could go on but a Technique used by actors developed or practitioned first by the teachings of Stanislavsky. Some of the roles probably wouldn't have been acted or created as well without the use of drugs, Heath Ledgers the joker as my final example.
    Hendrix, ozzy osbourne, richard pryor, the dude out of INXS haha

ReputationRep:
    all im thinking is when i start in September, how do i found out what level my flatmates are on haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley.W.)
    Hendrix, ozzy osbourne, richard pryor, the dude out of INXS haha

Michael Hutchence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    All this thread has done is make me REALLY want to do loads more drugs.
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    i use to cocaine alot and sometimes smoked weed

ReputationRep:
    Only weed.

ReputationRep:
    That Katieloula is entitled to her own opinion, and if she chooses not to take them, i respect that, but you shouldn't use your own values to judge everyone else. Your going to be pretty lonely if you do, you have to realise other people have different values aswell

ReputationRep:
    All i'm thinking is that this thread is making me sound like a massive junkie!

ReputationRep:
    I have done:

Alcohol
    Cannabis
    Salvia
    MDMA/Pills
    Several opiod pills
    GBL/GHB (use most days)
    Mephedrone (=win)
    MDPV
    Ketamine
    Spice
    Diazepam
    Kratom
    Poppers

I do not like the idea, but I consider myself a 'druggy' due to my excessive consumption of drugs. I do agree that drugs bring many benefits however. Despite my failly constant gbl and frequent cannabis usage, I achieve A grades in my maths, further maths, biology, and chemistry A-Levels and live a fun, social, and active lifestyle. Of course there are negative sides to this lifestyle, but by no means should they be feared like the media suggest they should.

ReputationRep:
    I did MDMA at uni once when I was drunk, had to go to uni the next day and I completely out of it...never again

ReputationRep:
    Cheers bubbles, i was just saying of the top of my head haha in fact not a good list for the pro drugs argument haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenericStudent)
    I have done:

Alcohol
    Cannabis
    Salvia
    MDMA/Pills
    Several opiod pills
    GBL/GHB (use most days)
    Mephedrone (=win)
    MDPV
    Ketamine
    Spice
    Diazepam
    Kratom
    Poppers

I do not like the idea, but I consider myself a 'druggy' due to my excessive consumption of drugs. I do agree that drugs bring many benefits however.
    Out of curiosity what is mephedrone like? as I was looking at buying it a while back but then bought loads of spice and magic instead lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hohoho, this thread really brings out some of the trolls in the woodwork.

I'm curious, I haven't really dapped in drugs much, but it seems acid is a lot less common than I thought it'd be. I've just come back from India, and the people my friends hung around with made it seem like it was a fairly regular experience, once every few months. just thought that was a little strange.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.