Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever used drugs? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenericStudent)
    I have done:

Alcohol
    Cannabis
    Salvia
    MDMA/Pills
    Several opiod pills
    GBL/GHB (use most days)
    Mephedrone (=win)
    MDPV
    Ketamine
    Spice
    Diazepam
    Kratom
    Poppers

I do not like the idea, but I consider myself a 'druggy' due to my excessive consumption of drugs. I do agree that drugs bring many benefits however.
    fair few you've tried there :yep: :yy:

slightly off topic but how's Spice? one of my mates recently bought some but hasn't smoked any yet, we're thinking of smoking it sometime this week.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, people on drugs piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley.W.)
    That Katieloula is entitled to her own opinion, and if she chooses not to take them, i respect that, but you shouldn't use your own values to judge everyone else. Your going to be pretty lonely if you do, you have to realise other people have different values aswell
    Exactly. I have no problem with people who take a different viewpoint to mine, i just can't stand it when they are so convinced by their viewpoint that they think it makes them superior in some way.
    Had someone on here jumped on a person saying they hadn't done drugs and called them a prude or something i would argue against that just the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    :facepalm2:

Your morals are skewed if you think smoking weed makes you lose all moral integrity

This line of argument is farcical, you may as well say criminals have no rights to human rights if they are arrested because they have "crossed that line", don't be so extreme, it makes you look rather foolish to be honest

In my opinion you lead a sad life as you are so limited in your view that I imagine you shut yourself off from many new experiences, and to take this moral high ground over people who are somewhat more free than yourself is reprehensible

Your view that if its legal its right if its illegal its wrong is idiotic by the way, I imagine living in Germany during the Nuremburg laws would make it ok to kill Jews as well right?
    Actually unless you are a complete idiot, you will know that you can have plenty of new experiences whilst obeying the law. Just because I don't think it's "cool" to do drugs and don't see being out of your head as fun doesn't mean I'm not an exciting person. It makes me a person who has common sense. These people are not free, they are simply sheep, sheep who follow others in order to try and rebel against the system. It is sad.

If you think you need to take drugs and go outside the law not to have a sad life, I would suggest those drugs of yours have eaten away half your brains cells already. Of course there have been mistakes in society's legal systems in the past, but we have more knowledge than ever, and for me, it is completely nonsensical to take a substance that could substancially increase my chance of dying young and decrease my life span.

There has been recent research which has discovered that people who have taken stimulants regularly for the past 10 years are now suffering severe bouts of depression and are much more likely to commit suicide than past generations. This is because effectively, by over stimulating your brain, you use up a particular endorphin within your body that results in highs. In simple terms, because you have overused these endorphins through drug use, there is not enough to keep a person stable in their latter years.

Obviously, weed is linked to things like paranoia etc - I used to have a friend who smoked weed regularly and he suffered diabilitating paranoia to the point where he would rarely step outside his house.

Things like ectacsy/ketamine can obviously result in the swelling of your brain etc.

Personally, these all seem pretty strong reasons for me to not risk it to be frank. With drinking, you risk liver failure if you drink continuously heavily, but with certain drugs, your life can be ended the first time you take them - your body could react negatively/might be cut dodgy etc.

Why risk it, it's so stupid, why think, I could die and miss out on a career, retirement, family, laughter - for what? Wow I took a bit of coke aren't I crazy? :eek3: Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    All i'm thinking is that this thread is making me sound like a massive junkie!
    me too haha i enjoy trying different stuff, and always try and keep it safe, and have the sense to realise when something isnt for you, like i keep saying in moderation.
    If you have to do it too enjoy your night thats wrong, if you do it to enhance the night, thats alright

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I have no problem with people who take a different viewpoint to mine, i just can't stand it when they are so convinced by their viewpoint that they think it makes them superior in some way.
    Had someone on here jumped on a person saying they hadn't done drugs and called them a prude or something i would argue against that just the same.
    same as me then, i look at every side of the argument, and understand as many views as i can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley.W.)
    That Katieloula is entitled to her own opinion, and if she chooses not to take them, i respect that, but you shouldn't use your own values to judge everyone else. Your going to be pretty lonely if you do, you have to realise other people have different values aswell
    Isn't that judging me by your values though? I don't feel like I have to condone/tolerate an illegal activity in order to fit in. I have a massive circle of friends, none of which take or have taken any drugs in the past. They all similarly think it's stupid. The majority of people hold the same view, for those who don't - it's simple, I don't want to mix with them, and as I would openly disapprove of what they're doing, they probably wouldn't want to mix with me either. I'm sure I'll manage to get through life somehow..

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it. Drugs will rarely kill you if you use them sparingly and in some cases they won't kill you, period.

BUT

People who take drugs become irritating, self promoting, wannabe philosophers that think their ****** band rocks and that by inhaling, digesting, injecting etc. a drug makes them somehow deeper and more fun than the rest of society when in reality, taking drugs is easy. Being a tolerable human being...that's the hard part!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Why risk it, it's so stupid, why think, I could die and miss out on a career, retirement, family, laughter - for what? Wow I took a bit of coke aren't I crazy? :eek3: Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
    Why do bungee jumpers risk their lives for thrills, or skydivers, or skiiers etc etc. Are they all dumb?

Risks come with taking drugs, and in my opinion it is up to the person to decide whether they want to take that risk or not. You aren't judging people because they are risking their lives, you are judging them because they are doing something which you have had drummed into your head as being a bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with you disagreeing with drugs, but there is something wrong with you thinking of yourself as being "better" in some way for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, weed is linked to things like paranoia etc - I used to have a friend who smoked weed regularly and he suffered diabilitating paranoia to the point where he would rarely step outside his house.
    did you break off the friendship because he was pathetic and broke the law?

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Actually unless you are a complete idiot, you will know that you can have plenty of new experiences whilst obeying the law. Just because I don't think it's "cool" to do drugs and don't see being out of your head as fun doesn't mean I'm not an exciting person. It makes me a person who has common sense. These people are not free, they are simply sheep, sheep who follow others in order to try and rebel against the system. It is sad.

If you think you need to take drugs and go outside the law not to have a sad life, I would suggest those drugs of yours have eaten away half your brains cells already. Of course there have been mistakes in society's legal systems in the past, but we have more knowledge than ever, and for me, it is completely nonsensical to take a substance that could substancially increase my chance of dying young and decrease my life span.

There has been recent research which has discovered that people who have taken stimulants regularly for the past 10 years are now suffering severe bouts of depression and are much more likely to commit suicide than past generations. This is because effectively, by over stimulating your brain, you use up a particular endorphin within your body that results in highs. In simple terms, because you have overused these endorphins through drug use, there is not enough to keep a person stable in their latter years.

Things like ectacsy/ketamine can obviously result in the swelling of your brain etc.

Personally, these all seem pretty strong reasons for me to not risk it to be frank. With drinking, you risk liver failure if you drink continuously heavily, but with certain drugs, your life can be ended the first time you take them - your body could react negatively/might be cut dodgy etc.

have a look at how many people have died from eating a dodgy e, your likely to find none, they've died because they've mixed it with alcohol, alcohol abuse can cause just as much problems, but its easily taxed so it will stay legal.
    You can say the same with alcohol, the first time your try it, you drink to much, walk out in the road get knoked down. Go home to bed, swallow your own sick, or even your tongue.
    Nothing is guaranteed to be safe, chocking on a peanut, car crash whatever.
    I respect you for not wanting to take drugs, but that doesn't mean people who do are not as moral as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Nah, people on drugs piss me off.
    how come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    did you break off the friendship because he was pathetic and broke the law?

:sigh:
    Yes, he wasn't a good person to be around, because he was on weed, he just wasn't fun or interesting = no point in friendship.

ReputationRep:
    People who take drugs become irritating, self promoting, wannabe philosophers that think their ****** band rocks and that by inhaling, digesting, injecting etc. a drug makes them somehow deeper and more fun than the rest of society when in reality, taking drugs is easy. Being a tolerable human being...that's the hard part!
    I think we can all agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    you are judging them because they are doing something which you have had drummed into your head as being a bad thing.
    Please. I've grown up in a family that has no issues with drugs and I've never had an anti drug talk at school except one about being careful with excessive use.

It's the drug users that formed my opinion. Y'all are so damn annoying. Ok maybe not all but most of you are.

edit-Sorry, rant mode making me a little less fair but it's half true :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that judging me by your values though? I don't feel like I have to condone/tolerate an illegal activity in order to fit in. I have a massive circle of friends, none of which take or have taken any drugs in the past. They all similarly think it's stupid. The majority of people hold the same view, for those who don't - it's simple, I don't want to mix with them, and as I would openly disapprove of what they're doing, they probably wouldn't want to mix with me either. I'm sure I'll manage to get through life somehow..
    Im not judging you at all, i just think, if you only think your values are correct, then there cant be many people who live by the same exact code.
    I dont dislike you at all, like i said i respect your stance on it, but it doesn't mean those who choose differently are immoral.

If i ever met you, and knew your stance, i wouldn't do it in your presence anyway, if i choose to anything, its usual with like minded people, i wouldn't try to persuade you because its your choice, and i wouldn't just cut you off because we had a different view then i did

I haven't tried them - no. But that's not saying I wouldn't want to.

I just don't know where to get it from.. (the harder stuff that is).

ReputationRep:
    Ok you can have fun but how is taking drugs a form of following the crowd? By that logic anything that anyone does which is enjoyed by many people and popular equates to following the crowd, bad reasoning

Erm drugs are an enhancement of course, I don't need them but I definitely enjoy them, if you are sensible and careful with drugs theres barely any risk associated with them, obviously if you snort 2 grams of gak in one night you're asking for trouble in the same way you would be if you put away 1 bottle of vodka plus in a night

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-cocaine-study

Read that, small amounts recreationally are fine, obviously addiction is stupid in the way alcohol addiction is

Link please, 60's were pretty heavy for drug use, I don't see peoples parents topping themselves left right and centre, sounds like outdated experiments and surveys on people with abuse problems

Wow your anecdotal evidence is making me reel in shock

WRONG

Do you know anything about ketamine? Clearly not

People die from swelling of the brain on E because people like you scare monger them off drugs, they get a bit freaked out when they take it and do a Leah Betts and drink 15 pints of water in an hour killing themselves from hyponatremia

Your reasons are mainly baseless and misconstrued, you only die from these things from one hit if its been cut with something bad, and why is that? Oh yeah its because drugs are illegal so its impossible to get a clean supply

It will make you have the best times of your life, NYE is the best night I've ever had, it will make you experience things you could not experience any other way, it will alter your mind majestically, and as for missing out on laughter? lolwut yournotdoinitrite

Edit;
    Isn't that judging me by your values though?
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Please. I've grown up in a family that has no issues with drugs and I've never had an anti drug talk at school except one about being careful with excessive use.

It's the drug users that formed my opinion. Y'all are so damn annoying. Ok maybe not all but most of you are.

edit-Sorry, rant mode making me a little less fair but it's half true :rolleyes:
    Fair enough. That line wasn't directed at you, it was deconstucting Katieloulas reasoning for her dissapproving of drug takers.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he wasn't a good person to be around, because he was on weed, he just wasn't fun or interesting = no point in friendship.
    did you try and get him off it? my argument is, in moderation, and as long as it doesnt effect your day to day life, if it does stop it.
    I tried weed, it got me paranoid, so using my head, i never touch it again, unlike your mate who got addicted,

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.