The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ashley.W.
did you try and get him off it? my argument is, in moderation, and as long as it doesnt effect your day to day life, if it does stop it.
I tried weed, it got me paranoid, so using my head, i never touch it again, unlike your mate who got addicted,

No, he isn't my responsibility and I'm not going to waste energy trying to help him with something I told him not to do in the first place. If my child were to become addicted to drugs I would not pay for rehabilitation. I have grown up in a house where you take responsibility for your own actions, I know people whose mum and dad have paid for their rehab, and they've always taken again, because they know they have a way out.
rebecca871
Out of curiosity what is mephedrone like? as I was looking at buying it a while back but then bought loads of spice and magic instead lol.

It's pretty (very) good, better then mdma in my opinion, but very very moreish and after an all-nighter and lots of Mephedrone, your body will definitely feel it and it can take a few days to get over it. The phycological comedown is not nearly as bad as that of mdma in for me.

P.s. I do not condone the use of illicit substances.
Reply 262
a_t

obviously if you snort 2 grams of gak in one night you're asking for trouble in the same way you would be if you put away 1 bottle of vodka plus in a night

:facepalm2:

You let me know if you find anything in england that pure haha ive seen people go through 1/4s off it, and have a bad head and a bunged up nose the next day, mentally i don't know what that could do.

People who choose not to, witch is fine, or are anti against it. Is because all they read and fall for, is the governments propaganda
Reply 263
Katieloula
No, he isn't my responsibility and I'm not going to waste energy trying to help him with something I told him not to do in the first place. If my child were to become addicted to drugs I would not pay for rehabilitation. I have grown up in a house where you take responsibility for your own actions, I know people whose mum and dad have paid for their rehab, and they've always taken again, because they know they have a way out.

True he isn't your responsibly, but as a friend, you try and help them out, the same way id expect mine to help me back.
Thats a bit of a ****** stance on it really.
Reply 264
This thread just makes me wanna do more lol, alcohol is so bad, just makes you talk ****, do stupid things and makes you fat

Boo-urns
Why would anyone drink and not take drugs instead?

Drink:
Lowers your inhibitions.
Makes you sick.
Makes you dizzy.
Makes you dance.
Makes you have fun.
MAKES YOU FAT!!!!!

Drugs:
All of that except more intense, and there's no calories!
a_t
This thread just makes me wanna do more lol, alcohol is so bad, just makes you talk ****, do stupid things and makes you fat

Boo-urns

Don't rip off what I was about to say!
Reply 267
Katieloula
Why go against the law? If you think one illegal substance/act is okay, then where does it stop? You have no right to complain if you are a victim of theft, rape, a mugging etc, because you have gone over that line. You lose all moral integrity. I don't care if it's a third of the population, I'll tell each and every one of them what sad people they truly are.

Mein Gott, this is probably one of the most logically buggered posts I've ever read on this site.

Now, firstly, by your logic, a woman attempting to resist being forced to have sex with her husband in the 70s or whatever is "going against the law" but once marital rape was acknowledged and criminalised, waho, we're good to go again. Homosexuals before the 1967 - lost all moral integrity, why wouldn't they. I mean, the things you're implying with that is beyond ludicrous. Underage drinkers today = no moral integrity. Those under 16 have sex? You guessed it.

Despite numerous articles and studies that have placed alcohol and tobacco in the top 5-10 most dangerous drugs, judgemental folk like you still harp on based on some arbitrary distinction.

Katieloula
Actually unless you are a complete idiot, you will know that you can have plenty of new experiences whilst obeying the law. Just because I don't think it's "cool" to do drugs and don't see being out of your head as fun doesn't mean I'm not an exciting person. It makes me a person who has common sense. These people are not free, they are simply sheep, sheep who follow others in order to try and rebel against the system. It is sad.

If you think you need to take drugs and go outside the law not to have a sad life, I would suggest those drugs of yours have eaten away half your brains cells already. Of course there have been mistakes in society's legal systems in the past, but we have more knowledge than ever, and for me, it is completely nonsensical to take a substance that could substancially increase my chance of dying young and decrease my life span.

There has been recent research which has discovered that people who have taken stimulants regularly for the past 10 years are now suffering severe bouts of depression and are much more likely to commit suicide than past generations. This is because effectively, by over stimulating your brain, you use up a particular endorphin within your body that results in highs. In simple terms, because you have overused these endorphins through drug use, there is not enough to keep a person stable in their latter years.

Obviously, weed is linked to things like paranoia etc - I used to have a friend who smoked weed regularly and he suffered diabilitating paranoia to the point where he would rarely step outside his house.

Things like ectacsy/ketamine can obviously result in the swelling of your brain etc.

Personally, these all seem pretty strong reasons for me to not risk it to be frank. With drinking, you risk liver failure if you drink continuously heavily, but with certain drugs, your life can be ended the first time you take them - your body could react negatively/might be cut dodgy etc.

Why risk it, it's so stupid, why think, I could die and miss out on a career, retirement, family, laughter - for what? Wow I took a bit of coke aren't I crazy? :eek3: Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

There was also a letter posted in the metro, or somewhere, of a man who'd smoked a joint regularly for about 50 years and y'know, not krilling himself. Of course overuse of any drug is going to lead to abuse; just like if you drink several units of alcohol everyday, you're going to turn into a jaundiced block of cheese in a while. Different drugs should be handled differently.

Your not risking it is your prerogative, and perfectly reasonable just like many folks would probably not climb Mt Kilimanjaro given half the chance, because they'd be too busy ******** a wall of bricks. I think what most people took issue with was your rash attitude towards anyone who'd taken a recreational drug, even if it was just cannabis, despite having shown to have pretty much no lethal effects in comparison to alcohol. In an independently commissioned documentary I watched, Cannabis was 16 and LSD was about 11 on the list of most dangerous drugs. Alcohol & Tobacco were in the Top 7. Ironically, your attitude based on logically retarded "cuz its the law and nothing harmful can ever be consumed or i'll hate them" is probably the most sheeplike behaviour on this thread thus far.

There was also a thread made here months ago when a newspaper article was published in which university researchers basically uniformly reached the conclusion that the government's policy on most soft drugs is laughable. I'd try and find it, but something tells me you won't entirely give a **** anyway.

So, my question is this; how do you account for your hypocrisy if you don't treat alcohol-perusers the same as cannabis users, seeing as both are incredibly harmful and your judgement is based on how harmful it is? And if you do treat anyone who drinks alcohol the same, haha, smooth sailing, you'll alienate virtually the entire population.

In any case, if as you say your crowd of compadres and yourself are this rash to exercise that high horse of yours, I'm sure both parties concerned will be more than happy to avoid each other entirely on something so superficial.
Reply 268
hoonosewot
Fair enough. That line wasn't directed at you, it was deconstucting Katieloulas reasoning for her dissapproving of drug takers.

I'm a pretty simple guy, I think society would be better off without drugs. I also feel it'd be better off without smoking and alcohol (alcohol seems to get ignored by the anti-drug users. They still seem happy to get off their face at the weekend on alcohol).

I know nothing will change because that's not how society works but I'll always make a stand for what I think would improve society.

We already have enough morons destroying their livers and acting anti social. Legalise drugs and you'll see a new class of moron because they'll not know how to handle it maturely. In a way, the fear of drugs leads those who do take them to do their research and understand what it is they're taking.

Weed, the most commonly used illegal drug already shows how anti social it can make people. Obviously in a hugely different way to alcohol but it does make people lazy. Not the occasional users but you know the kind of group that just talk about getting high and that's all they do.

I'm sick of teenagers enough as it is, I don't need more losers that think they're Oscar Wilde because they sometimes question humanity when high.
Ashley.W.
True he isn't your responsibly, but as a friend, you try and help them out, the same way id expect mine to help me back.
Thats a bit of a ****** stance on it really.

Not really. I think tax payers money is completely wasted on drug rehab clinics within the NHS. You were dumb enough to get yourself into the mess, why should I pay your way out of it? I didn't tell you to start taking drugs, you don't deserve anything off me. People and children and dying from completely non inflicted cancers/diseases and we throw away money on people who caused their own problems. And btw, I feel this about obesity patients, smokers and acoholics. I have no sympathy. My parents told me straight that if I ever took drugs they wouldn't want to know me, and certainly wouldn't help me, and I have I taken drugs? No.

I asked my friend to stop taking weed but he refused, there was nothing more I could do.
Reply 270
Bubbles*de*Milo
Why would anyone drink and not take drugs instead?

Drink:
Lowers your inhibitions.
Makes you sick.
Makes you dizzy.
Makes you dance.
Makes you have fun.
MAKES YOU FAT!!!!!

Drugs:
All of that except more intense, and there's no calories!

music makes me dance haha
Reply 271
Nex Angelus
lol what do you do if you´ve used all of them apart from heroin (which i´ve had diamorphine instead? even more potent)

drugs are ******* awesome

people who say theyre bad are just stereotypical ´theyre illegal so theyre bad´

**** it

i´m drunk and don´t give a ****.

This is EXACTLY why I hate drug users. You want a pat on the back?!

OMG I HATE THEM SO MUCH :woo:
Reply 272
Bubbles*de*Milo
Don't rip off what I was about to say!

Apologies I shouldn't jew you out of your words H
Sanyore
Mein Gott, this is probably one of the most logically buggered posts I've ever read on this site.

Now, firstly, by your logic, a woman attempting to resist being forced to have sex with her husband in the 70s or whatever is "going against the law" but once marital rape was acknowledged and criminalised, waho, we're good to go again. Homosexuals before the 1967 - lost all moral integrity, why wouldn't they. I mean, the things you're implying with that is beyond ludicrous. Underage drinkers today = no moral integrity. Those under 16 have sex? You guessed it.

Despite numerous articles and studies that have placed alcohol and tobacco in the top 5-10 most dangerous drugs, judgemental folk like you still harp on based on some arbitrary distinction.

There was also a letter posted in the metro, or somewhere, of a man who'd smoked a joint regularly for about 50 years and y'know, not krilling himself. Of course overuse of any drug is going to lead to abuse; just like if you drink several units of alcohol everyday, you're going to turn into a jaundiced block of cheese in a while. Different drugs should be handled differently.

Your not risking it is your prerogative, and perfectly reasonable just like many folks would probably not climb Mt Kilimanjaro given half the chance, because they'd be too busy ******** a wall of bricks. I think what most people took issue with was your rash attitude towards anyone who'd taken a recreational drug, even if it was just cannabis, despite having shown to have pretty much no lethal effects in comparison to alcohol. In an independently commissioned documentary I watched, Cannabis was 16 and LSD was about 11 on the list of most dangerous drugs. Alcohol & Tobacco were in the Top 7. Ironically, your attitude based on logically retarded "cuz its the law and nothing harmful can ever be consumed or i'll hate them" is probably the most sheeplike behaviour on this thread thus far.

There was also a thread made here months ago when a newspaper article was published in which university researchers basically uniformly reached the conclusion that the government's policy on most soft drugs is laughable. I'd try and find it, but something tells me you won't entirely give a **** anyway.

So, my question is this; how do you account for your hypocrisy if you don't treat alcohol-perusers the same as cannabis users, seeing as both are incredibly harmful and your judgement is based on how harmful it is? And if you do treat anyone who drinks alcohol the same, haha, smooth sailing, you'll alienate virtually the entire population.

In any case, if as you say your crowd of compadres and yourself are this rash to exercise that high horse of yours, I'm sure both parties concerned will be more than happy to avoid each other entirely on something so superficial.

I drink very rarely and think smoking is disgusting.
Symbea

LOL i knew someone would get abit grumpy
Symbea

Oh piss off then.

And you should have just negged me.
Symbea

Ditto.
Reply 277
Nex Angelus
LOL i knew someone would get abit grumpy

Well self obsessed tools make me grumpy. It's completely your fault. -_-
Reply 278
Katieloula
I drink very rarely and think smoking is disgusting.

oh my

I never asked if you did. I asked if you'd treat drinkers and smokers the same as you'd treat, say, cannabis users. Or, well, I didn't really ask, I made my own presumption that you didn't and asked how you'd account for it.
Symbea

and yeah a pat on the back would be pretty awesome right now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending