Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever used drugs? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Not really. I think tax payers money is completely wasted on drug rehab clinics within the NHS. You were dumb enough to get yourself into the mess, why should I pay your way out of it? I didn't tell you to start taking drugs, you don't deserve anything off me. People and children and dying from completely non inflicted cancers/diseases and we throw away money on people who caused their own problems. And btw, I feel this about obesity patients, smokers and acoholics. I have no sympathy. My parents told me straight that if I ever took drugs they wouldn't want to know me, and certainly wouldn't help me, and I have I taken drugs? No.

I asked my friend to stop taking weed but he refused, there was nothing more I could do.
    Id say you seem to lack moral integrity, people end up making mistakes, bad decisions,get dealt a bad hand of life.
    Fair enough if they don't want help, but the ones who do, and come out of it for the better, can then put more into the country when there clean.

What about homeless people who find themselves on the street after theyve failed to pay there mortgage, its the fault leave them there. We shouldnt send international aid out, because its there fault they ended up how they are.

You seem pretty narrow minded to realise people end up like that, when they didnt intend to, they need help. Not to be left to rot.

If everyone thought like you, the country would be worse off.

Also what about the high flying investment bankers, who dabble in drugs, and probably pay more tax then most of the population, there still contributing, and most recreational users do to

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I think tax payers money is completely wasted on drug rehab clinics within the NHS. You were dumb enough to get yourself into the mess, why should I pay your way out of it? I didn't tell you to start taking drugs, you don't deserve anything off me. People and children and dying from completely non inflicted cancers/diseases and we throw away money on people who caused their own problems. And btw, I feel this about obesity patients, smokers and acoholics. I have no sympathy. My parents told me straight that if I ever took drugs they wouldn't want to know me, and certainly wouldn't help me, and I have I taken drugs? No.

I asked my friend to stop taking weed but he refused, there was nothing more I could do.
    Heh, my mum knows everything, and her reaction was along the lines of 'heh'.

Btw, I really don't care much for you or your hideously, achingly naiive posts, I thought I'd just input that.

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    I'm a pretty simple guy, I think society would be better off without drugs. I also feel it'd be better off without smoking and alcohol (alcohol seems to get ignored by the anti-drug users. They still seem happy to get off their face at the weekend on alcohol).
    Depends on your interpretation of a "better" society really doesn't it? Personally i think it would be less interesting. Having vices is part of what makes humans human.

EDIT: ****, i didn't mean that last bit to sound like pseudo-philosophical rubbish! Maybe i'm an Oscar wild loving moron after all :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Oh piss off then.

And you should have just negged me.
    Did you just tell me to piss off on a forum? You crazy kids are priceless.

I've given perfectly fair replies to drug users. I don't hate drugs, I hate drug users. If you weren't all so damn annoying then maybe people wouldn't give you such a hard time.

I know, I know...you're deep and meaningful and your tortured soul doesn't care about my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I've smoked weed, but haven't gone near it since I was about 19 because I hate smoking stuff. I'd happily get high off edibles tomorrow if they were offered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Heh, my mum knows everything, and her reaction was along the lines of 'heh'.

Btw, I really don't care much for you or your hideously, achingly naiive posts, I thought I'd just input that.

xx
    Who the hell cares what you care? Lolllllll

ReputationRep:
    This is EXACTLY why I hate drug users. You want a pat on the back?!

OMG I HATE THEM SO MUCH :woo:
    Now, people like him are probably a little obnoxious. But the vast majority of these replies really haven't been "trying to earn "cool" points" as some people claim they are. They've just been listing answers as per the question, and maybe some discussion on experiences.

This isn't related to drugs at all, but one of the traits I find most irritating in people is when they make presumptions that you're trying to be "cool" when mentioning something even if you're just having a normal discussion. It actually surprises me how much that irritates me. There are obnoxious folks, yes, but there are plenty who aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley.W.)
    Id say you seem to lack moral integrity, people end up making mistakes, bad decisions,get dealt a bad hand of life.
    Fair enough if they don't want help, but the ones who do, and come out of it for the better, can then put more into the country when there clean.

What about homeless people who find themselves on the street after theyve failed to pay there mortgage, its the fault leave them there. We shouldnt send international aid out, because its there fault they ended up how they are.

You seem pretty narrow minded to realise people end up like that, when they didnt intend to, they need help. Not to be left to rot.

If everyone thought like you, the country would be worse off.
    Not to be left to rot, I think people with self inflicted conditions should intially get free treatment and once back on the straight and narrow pay for the treatment they recieved. That's called fair. I would not think it was morally right to take money off people for something I did.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a pack of tictacs in my bag...please don't tell my mum

ReputationRep:
    Weed/Hash about 1/month
    Ecstacy and Cocaine very rarely.. I prefer the booze

ReputationRep:
    This is EXACTLY why I hate drug users. You want a pat on the back?!

OMG I HATE THEM SO MUCH :woo:
    Oh come on! That one person is representative of millions of people?! I thought that guy sounded like a douche as well, but i don't categorise half the population based on his comments. You get drunk morons talking crap every day.

ReputationRep:
    Only weed and salvia. Would like to try some of the psychdelics like LSD and Shrooms though.

I smoke weed a few times a week but hard drugs like cocaine and heroin etc... don't interest me at all. I have a drink from time to time too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Depends on your interpretation of a "better" society really doesn't it? Personally i think it would be less interesting. Having vices is part of what makes humans human.

EDIT: ****, i didn't mean that last bit to sound like pseudo-philosophical rubbish! Maybe i'm an Oscar wild loving moron after all :s
    Told ya.

And there's plenty of great things in the world that'll make us better humans and not annoy me. It's all a matter of opinion but I think the world would be better off without drugs. Not to mention how cocaine has absolutely ruined Columbia because some people want a 20 minute kick.

But most importantly not annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Well self obsessed tools make me grumpy. It's completely your fault. -_-
    Ignorant, closed minded people make me angry. Your not a risk taker, don't judge other people because they are.

I'm only 16, so my experiences may increase as I get on to uni (infact almost certainly, let's face it)

Had weed a few times - regret it? nope, nothing bad about it, I've had far worse alcohol experiences; to be honest I don't see how people think weed is worse than alcohol, or cigarettes other than simply being forced fed this crap "don't do drugs" every minute of their lives by the government. I want to be educated by someone who tells me what they do, the pros and cons etc, I can't stand this **** how people just say "don't do it because the government tells you not to". Hell I bet over half the MPs have taken a drug other than alcohol or tobacco in their lifetime... pretty much everyone has.

I might try crack - according to some sources it can get addictive; that's the only thing that worries me, addictive drugs. Ecstacy I'll probably try. LSD I'm thinking about - don't want to risk any bad trips though. Heroin I won't even go there, and that's probably common sense for anyone.

But yeah; if alcohol and cigarettes were illegal but marijuana wasn't, the UK would be a much better place.

ReputationRep:

I've given perfectly fair replies to drug users. I don't hate drugs, I hate drug users. If you weren't all so damn annoying then maybe people wouldn't give you such a hard time.

I know, I know...you're deep and meaningful and your tortured soul doesn't care about my opinion.
    What is it you particularly hate about users? most a normal, decent people.

Ive met a few people say from a certain race, but i wouldnt then say i dont like all of them

ReputationRep:
    I hate how tobacco kills more people annually than all of those drugs listed... combined.

I also laugh at the drug user hater comments. Stereotyping or what?

ALL PPL WHO USE DRUGS R JUNKEYS!!

Get off the bandwagon.

ReputationRep:

Gosh you're so immature.

I've had a nice upbringing, and I don't claim to be tortured, meaningful or deep. I'm not claiming an esoteric understanding of the World

"Woahh... like everything's so deep".

You say you hate drug users, but seem to have the impression of them being like these 60s acid heads. I've never, ever heard anyone pretend to be deep or meaningful because they take drugs.

You say you hate drug users, but you have some stupid perception of them which isn't even true.

Drugs haven't altered me as a person, I'm identical to I was before I did my first line, I take drugs because they're fun, as does everyone else.

You're just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm only 16, so my experiences may increase as I get on to uni (infact almost certainly, let's face it)

Had weed a few times - regret it? nope, nothing bad about it, I've had far worse alcohol experiences; to be honest I don't see how people think weed is worse than alcohol, or cigarettes other than simply being forced fed this crap "don't do drugs" every minute of their lives by the government. I want to be educated by someone who tells me what they do, the pros and cons etc, I can't stand this **** how people just say "don't do it because the government tells you not to". Hell I bet over half the MPs have taken a drug other than alcohol or tobacco in their lifetime... pretty much everyone has.

I might try crack - according to some sources it can get addictive; that's the only thing that worries me, addictive drugs. Ecstacy I'll probably try. LSD I'm thinking about - don't want to risk any bad trips though. Heroin I won't even go there, and that's probably common sense for anyone.

But yeah; if alcohol and cigarettes were illegal but marijuana wasn't, the UK would be a much better place.
    You got it.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell cares what you care? Lolllllll
    Well who the hell cares what you care.

***** please. :hand:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.