Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever used drugs? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    hoonosewot

i enjoyed this debate, do you study biology or something similar? that girl before boiled my urine before haha when she was to narrow-minded to listen to others, and said drug users had less moral integrity, when she wouldn't help a friend and would just cut them off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley.W.)
    hoonosewot

i enjoyed this debate, do you study biology or something similar? that girl before boiled my urine before haha when she was to narrow-minded to listen to others, and said drug users had less moral integrity, when she wouldn't help a friend and would just cut them off
    Just finished a Biomedical Science degree, going into Medicine in September.
    I enjoy debates like this because there's always some closed-minded person who has formed a viewpoint which is so ridiculous that i can literally spend hours tearing it apart and not get bored.
    That girl saying everyone who has taken drugs must be pathetic was a pretty prime example of that.

ReputationRep:
    and us both going on about the laws haha i dont mind people who dont understand, i dont alot of the time aswell.
    it astounds me being so narrowminded and ignorant, when alot of people try telling you aswell. and also to say users are less moral, when she even said she wouldnt help her own kids if they needed it.
    i dont like it when people start being a bit personal or insulting, thats uncalled for.
    Sciences were my forte at college wish i stayed on that path

ReputationRep:
    I thought speed and ecstasy where the same thing??

Never taken illegal drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I thought speed and ecstasy where the same thing??

Never taken illegal drugs.
    Naa, speed is amphetamines.

ReputationRep:
    I have done weed, didnt affect me much...
    Tho tbh i never really think of weed as a drug...I dont know why it just seems alot less harmful than things like heroin / E / Speed / etc

also since its for your sister project "DRUGS ARE EVUL DONT DO THEM"

ReputationRep:
    tbh Alcohol does everything I need.

You peeps ought to try munching on a Habanero. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    so no ones tried DMT or heard of it before? the link i posted before is pretty good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    so no ones tried DMT or heard of it before? the link i posted before is pretty good...
    Naa, i've heard Joe Rogan banging on about how great it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Naa, i've heard Joe Rogan banging on about how great it is though.
    yeah i saw his name on youtube will check his vids out later. do you remember hearing about any bad side effects? one of my friends told me a story about how he heard that there were 2 oxford students who took like 8 times the standard dose (i think they either took too much or the wrong way) but yeah...apparently they were tripping out like hell naked on some oxford streets or something until they had a massive life changing epiphany which made them see the world in a different way. these are the kind of descriptions which make me cautious...generally it seems everyone has some kind of very spiritual moment on it and its all very good but still..who knows what the new outlook on life will be like...def something which needs to be researched extensively before being tried :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    yeah i saw his name on youtube will check his vids out later. do you remember hearing about any bad side effects? one of my friends told me a story about how he heard that there were 2 oxford students who took like 8 times the standard dose (i think they either took too much or the wrong way) but yeah...apparently they were tripping out like hell naked on some oxford streets or something until they had a massive life changing epiphany which made them see the world in a different way. these are the kind of descriptions which make me cautious...generally it seems everyone has some kind of very spiritual moment on it and its all very good but still..who knows what the new outlook on life will be like...def something which needs to be researched extensively before being tried :yes:
    Naa i don't really know anything about it except it's basically just a concentrated form of something your brain naturally produces anyway. I would look it up before i tried it, it's effects sound......interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Naa i don't really know anything about it except it's basically just a concentrated form of something your brain naturally produces anyway. I would look it up before i tried it, it's effects sound......interesting.
    and from what i remember reading it seems for most of the people the effects are very very similar. perhaps it really does let us see something on a different plane thats actually there. some of the most interesting descriptions ive heard being mentioned is someone reporting that he had his eyes closed yet he could see everything around him in 360 degree vision...

ReputationRep:
    i used to do weed, ecstasy & cocaine. also a few "party" pills, know idea what they were :/

only one i'd do again in the future would be weed, but who doesn't?.

ReputationRep:
    Marijuana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    i used to do weed, ecstasy & cocaine. also a few "party" pills, know idea what they were :/

only one i'd do again in the future would be weed, but who doesn't?.
    me haha its known as the lesser one of them, but 2 drags make me paranoid with my closest mates, where i can party hard on most of the others, it just doesnt agree with me, everyones different

ReputationRep:
    I think the government should make drugs legal in designated areas. I.e they make a few nightclubs for people to smoke weed, tobacco, drink, and maybe a few other drugs like MDMA (dosage checked so they can't overdose). I think the government could make a lot of profit and at the same time provide a safe medium for kids to experiment whilst supervised, instead of out on the streets. I mean like.. if each kid was allowed to go to a government-owned club to buy and smoke 1 joint every 4 days.. it's not that bad, is it?

Oh and no, never taken any illicit drugs.

ReputationRep:
    The government is the same with anything it doesn't agree with, they try to scaremonger the public, into the train of thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why would anyone drink and not take drugs instead?

Drink:
    Lowers your inhibitions.
    Makes you sick.
    Makes you dizzy.
    Makes you dance.
    Makes you have fun.
    MAKES YOU FAT!!!!!

Drugs:
    All of that except more intense, and there's no calories!
    I'm not particularly bothered about what people do to themselves, I wouldn't like to put myself in the position to be called a hypocrite, but I feel I need to call you up your posts.

You accuse people of spreading disinformation, certainly scare tactics do not help drug awareness and education, but I feel you spread something that's a just as bad: half truths and anecdotal evidence.

This is something that bunch of misinformed people who, unfortunately for them, somehow hold merit to what you say because they, rather naively, consider you to be their peer. I have to say that I can't demonise you for the faults of others, it would be highly unfair, but I can admonish you for your half sighted and half thought out posts. It's one thing to have a lackadaisical view to drugs, which is unsettling itself, but to thoroughly support, and at times exalt drug use, to an uninformed mob is reprehensible.

This isn't a tirade aimed at drug use, its really really not, it's aimed against the people who disseminate misleading comments about the true extent and nature of drugs in general, on both sides of the debate, who only blur the lines between fact and fiction and, ultimately, between safety and danger.

Drugs have positive effects and Drug have serious, potentially fatal, negative effects.
    Fortunately, I know this and consider this in my own activities.

You are as equally bad as the uneducated fear mongers that you previously had a go at in this very thread.
    Do what you want to do but don't encourage people to use drugs through golden promises and a hazy cloud of false ignorance.
    Yes, false ignorance, because you and I both know that you're not dumb enough to know there's no potential problems.

People are free to do as they wish but I would like they to at least be knowledgeable about the things they are about to take.

As for my personal opinion on the matter - natures untainted is the only thing I'd consider.

I think legalization of cannabis can be done safely and I've already expressed in other threads that herion should be made and refined by the government as a tool used to combat addiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    I think the government should make drugs legal in designated areas. I.e they make a few nightclubs for people to smoke weed, tobacco, drink, and maybe a few other drugs like MDMA (dosage checked so they can't overdose). I think the government could make a lot of profit and at the same time provide a safe medium for kids to experiment whilst supervised, instead of out on the streets. I mean like.. if each kid was allowed to go to a government-owned club to buy and smoke 1 joint every 4 days.. it's not that bad, is it?

Oh and no, never taken any illicit drugs.
    1 joint every 4 days? wouldnt even bother going tbh as im sure many other people wouldnt. a much better proposal imo would be to have government regulated dispensaries with perhaps some form of ID to keep track of how much someone is buying (although if its legal theres no real need to keep track of quantities consumed...we dont do it with the much more dangerous substance that is alcohol after all).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.