Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever used drugs? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    so no ones tried DMT or heard of it before? the link i posted before is pretty good...
    i've heard things about it, my cousin is pretty majorly into psychedelics, and he does chemistry so i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about (all the drug formulas etc )

anyway apparently there's a tree growing near the school he goes to that has DMT in it. or maybe it was 5-MeO-DMT. i'm not sure, i'll ask him.

before you ask, its not in the UK :rolleyes:

anyway i'm off to bed if you want i'll get him to tell me a bit about it and post it on here

ps: i watched some of that video, pretty interesting stuff, ill watch the rest tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    i've heard things about it, my cousin is pretty majorly into psychedelics, and he does chemistry so i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about (all the drug formulas etc )

anyway apparently there's a tree growing near the school he goes to that has DMT in it. or maybe it was 5-MeO-DMT. i'm not sure, i'll ask him.

before you ask, its not in the UK :rolleyes:

anyway i'm off to bed if you want i'll get him to tell me a bit about it and post it on here

ps: i watched some of that video, pretty interesting stuff, ill watch the rest tomorrow
    DMT can be naturally extracted and 'created' as such from some of the websites ive been skimming. havent read them carefully because i dont plan on doing it in near future but i wouldnt be surprised if the plantlife needed for it was commonly available in UK tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    I'm not particularly bothered about what people do to themselves, I wouldn't like to put myself in the position to be called a hypocrite, but I feel I need to call you up your posts.

You accuse people of spreading disinformation, certainly scare tactics do not help drug awareness and education, but I feel you spread something that's a just as bad: half truths and anecdotal evidence.
    What half truths or anecdotal evidence though? I re-read through my posts just now, looking for something but there's nothing I see. I haven't said anything such as "I did it and I was fine so you will be too", or even an equivalent. There are no half-truths that I see; of the facts I've stated:
    There IS no come-down with Coke (not one that I've ever seen/experience).
    There IS one with MDMA.
    MDMA is NOT addictive. Fact.
    Cocaine is - I didn't dispute that.
    I described the feeling off MDMA/Cocaine, but they're also facts rather than 'golden truths'. All the feelings I described with are true, if you go right back to the beginning of the thread you'll even see me describe a wrong experience where I was hallucinating and having nightmares for days. I haven't lied anywhere.

This is something that bunch of misinformed people who, unfortunately for them, somehow hold merit to what you say because they, rather naively, consider you to be their peer. I have to say that I can't demonise you for the faults of others, it would be highly unfair, but I can admonish you for your half sighted and half thought out posts. It's one thing to have a lackadaisical view to drugs, which is unsettling itself, but to thoroughly support, and at times exalt drug use, to an uninformed mob is reprehensible.
    If people hold merit to what I say, it's because I'm just being honest. I think the people like me are better than the government scare tactics and propaganda they'll find in the newspapers/Ask Frank. There's no lies here though, and I'm not stating it as anything other than what it is. I've said already I've only done 3 drugs (one of them being weed), and I've only done ecstasy 3 times. I've never claimed to be massively experienced with drugs, and even when I talk about coke I've never said anything than it's a waste of money but makes you buzzy and confident.
    I do exalt mdma use however, because you and I both know that it does NOT harm you (if you have a level head/don't act like a complete idiot, and even then...). It simply doesn't, it's less than alcohol. It's not a lie that the reason people die from taking MDMA IS from water intoxication. I would never, ever encourage anyone to do MDMA without drinking sufficient water/being around sober people. But the fact is if you make these simple precautions... what are your chances of harm?
    On the other hand, we could all write an essay on the dangers of alcohol. If my younger sister asked me about MDMA, I would tell her to do it 3 or 4 times and get the curiosity out of her system. I wouldn't worry about it, however if she was binge drinking I would be. (Although, of course my sister is 10 so I am speaking about her in a good 7/8 years).

This isn't a tirade aimed at drug use, its really really not, it's aimed against the people who disseminate misleading comments about the true extent and nature of drugs in general, on both sides of the debate, who only blur the lines between fact and fiction and, ultimately, between safety and danger.
    I've been wholly honest in my accounts.

Drugs have positive effects and Drug have serious, potentially fatal, negative effects.
    Well ofcourse they do, but I've never seen any fatal effects from MDMA, I've never encouraged excessive usage of Cocaine, and I've never spoke about other drugs.

You are as equally bad as the uneducated fear mongers that you previously had a go at in this very thread.
    Do what you want to do but don't encourage people to use drugs through golden promises and a hazy cloud of false ignorance.
    Yes, false ignorance, because you and I both know that you're not dumb enough to know there's no potential problems.
    I'm being entirely truthful in what I've said. I'm not encouraging people to take drugs, just not to be afraid of them, or think differently of people who do. All I've done is describe the ecstasy and high of MDMA, and if that encourages people to try the drug, that's because my description is amazing, and honest. I mentioned a bad experience on it, I'm not being biased here. Of course there are potential problems of 'drugs' but in relation to the potential problems of alcohol, I'm not seeing why that's especially pertinent.

People are free to do as they wish but I would like they to at least be knowledgeable about the things they are about to take.
    I don't encourage people to take my word, or to not seek alternative information.

(Original post by Me)
    Drink:
    Lowers your inhibitions.
    Makes you sick.
    Makes you dizzy.
    Makes you dance.
    Makes you have fun.
    MAKES YOU FAT!!!!!

Drugs:
    All of that except more intense, and there's no calories!
    That is an admittedly slightly stupid statement looking back on it; I should have been more specific. I was referring to MDMA though, as I had been referring to throughout most of my posts here.
    It is true... both alcohol and drugs do them both pretty reliably.

ReputationRep:
    I have the ability to get the most out of life without putting a load of **** in my body. I feel bad for others who dont.

ReputationRep:
    Marihuana- Never again, 7 Space Cakes in Amsterdam within 30 minutes. Within an hour or two, I was living the greatest mental nightmare I ever had while conscious and awake. It was so ****ing WERID!

ReputationRep:
    Mdma is mentally addicted, and there is a comedown on coke, lethargy, insomnia, sweats, the slight feeling of being down the next day

ReputationRep:
    thers generally a comedown from anything, like if you suddenly stop drinking cups of tea, your likely to get headaches. just some are more noticeable then others, or you can sleep through the feeling, and depends on amount consumed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Lol, was awful for me!

Besides...horse tranquilizer...wtf was I thinking...

I don't know why but I feel that weed isn't as bad as the rest. Something kinda herbal and 'natural' about it. And it doesn't affect you that much, it's just a nice, lazy feeling with no comedown or anything. Whereas the rest seem all artificial and something I wouldn't really want to put in my body...get what I mean?
    It's a horse tranquilizer but it's also used on babies in hospitals ( I think it was in USA).

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in drugs. Been offered many times though, most recently pot and meth.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is interested, here are some statistics relating to the dangers of drug use (ecstasy and ketamine) and comparing them with other activities, sports and legal drugs.

To the person who claims drug use is undesirable because of the potential negative health consequences then I ask them whether or not they would make the same judgement about Scuba diving (which I in fact do) and the other things I have listed which are more dangerous and importantly, if not, why not?

Statistics explained: The number of people who die from a certain activity per annum is divided by the total population of people who perform that activity and multiplied by one hundred. The following percentage or fraction represents the percentage of a population, for eg, people who take ecstasy, who die every year as a result of taking ecstasy.

This type of statistic is, I think, the best because it allows for really easy comparison of risk between different types of activities:

Ecstasy:
    UK: 0.0054% – 5.4/100,000
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxVCncCGMg)

Alcohol:
    UK: 0.1% - 100/100,000
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYll5ifYwcM)

Ketamine:
    UK: 0.001% – 1/100,000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tQ-h5_8P8)

Tobacco:
    UK: 1.14% - 1140/100,000
    (http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resource...ges/deaths.htm)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFPKRj740s)
    USA: 0.851% - 851/100,000
    (http://www.acde.org/common/Tobacco.htm)

Now sports/accidents:

Scuba diving: 0.011% to 0.018% – 11/100,000 to 18/100,000
    (http://www.scuba-diving-smiles.com/s...ng-deaths.html)

Mountain climbing: 0.015% – 15/100,000
    (http://lib.bioinfo.pl/meid:324878)

Sky Diving (USA): 0.110% - 110/100,000
    (http://theblueskyranch.com/sta/tb7.htm)
    Sky Diving (worldwide): 0.042% - 42/100,000
    (http://theblueskyranch.com/sta/tb7.htm)

Traffic/transport accident (USA):
    0.0142% - 14.2/100,000
    (http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html)
    0.0143% - 14.3/100,000
    (http://www.itsmylife.com/statistics.asp)
    0.0141% - 14.1/100,000
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic...ion_statistics)

Drowning (USA): 0.00126% - 1.26/100,000
    (http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html)

Choking (USA): 0.000987% - 0.987/100,000
    (http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...cy/choking.jsp)

(Original post by Gueirguiy)
    It's a horse tranquilizer but it's also used on babies in hospitals ( I think it was in USA).
    Ketamine is also used on adults in hospitals. It is especially used in combination with morphine as a pain killer.

ReputationRep:
    only tried it once.... it was hasheesh and buckeys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    Marihuana- Never again, 7 Space Cakes in Amsterdam within 30 minutes. Within an hour or two, I was living the greatest mental nightmare I ever had while conscious and awake. It was so ****ing WERID!
    7 Space cakes?! You are either lying or you are a complete moron. 1 space cake will do the trick for most people, occasionally 2. 7 would leave you on the floor for hours.
    I would be shocked if any of the cafes would actually sell 7 cakes to one person. After all, when the buyer pulls a monstrous whitey it's their cafe they're gonna be puking in.

The whole story has a wiff of BS to me.

ReputationRep:
    i've never done drugs per se (yeah South Park!) i have a more romantic relationship between them

Marijuana (not my favorite), cocaine, x, smoked heroin, meth, pcp, lsd, acid, if rx drugs are counted then percocet, hydrocodone, valium, xanax, ambien, adderall, ritalin. I only regularly used cocaine, x and meth, along with the adderall and hydrocodone to help me take the come downs

ReputationRep:
    All of the above?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    No i'm going to bed, I have work in the morning and don't fancy wasting any more time chatting. Perhaps I'll have myself a line of coke to perk me up yeah? Lulz.
    or you could, y'know, be intellectually bankrupt. I don't mind. lulz.

ReputationRep:
    Yh dun a few u gotta when yung

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    so no ones tried DMT or heard of it before? the link i posted before is pretty good...
    Yo man I haven't tried it but I have read alot about it.

"The Spirit Molecule"

Definitely something I want to try... I've smoked salvia, that was pretty intense I need to do that again...see how far this rabbit hole will go! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    I have the ability to get the most out of life without putting a load of **** in my body. I feel bad for others who dont.
    I presume you don't drink, smoke, eat junk food or put anything remotely harmful into your temple of a body?

Some of the substances mentioned are used medicinally, I assume you'd just brave it out rather than use morphine?

ReputationRep:
    weed
    mdma
    ecstasy
    speed
    lsd
    2cb
    2ci
    ketamine
    coke
    2c-t-77

want to try dragonfly & some more 2c's

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.