Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever used drugs? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever used any illegal drugs?
    Marihuana
    57.84%
    Cocaine
    18.79%
    MDMA/ecstasy
    23.96%
    Heroin
    1.48%
    LSD
    8.14%
    Speed
    12.28%
    Others
    20.56%
    NONE
    38.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    LSD - how was it, srsly? Do you go really out of control, or can you control yourself?

It was mindblowing. The only thing you cant control at all is when the trip stops, which is from about 6-8 hours sometimes. It is an amazing experience, i've only ever had good trips so i cant exactly give an opinion on the negative side of the drug - which im sure there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Mind sharing your source..?

I'm useless when it comes to finding the stuff.. (I'm being honest. I would like to try something..)

You cant find stuff? you live in the UK boy! try harder, although i dont try at all. most of my friends are the jobless hippy types, they have everything. plus we can pick magic mushrooms down the road. the joys of ireland. if you know anyone who does drugs, even if its only weed, you'll find that they know someone who can get you anything.

(Original post by diskoteck)
    You cant find stuff? you live in the UK boy! try harder, although i dont try at all. most of my friends are the jobless hippy types, they have everything. plus we can pick magic mushrooms down the road. the joys of ireland. if you know anyone who does drugs, even if its only weed, you'll find that they know someone who can get you anything.
    I guess I'm not hip enough

I'm going to make it my mission this weekend to find some.. I know plenty of people that smoke weed, but I haven't ever found it in me to ask if I could try some, or moreso ask them where I could get some.. (:o:).

I don't want to fall into a stupid undercover trap by asking around for drugs.. (:eek:)

I guess I need to man-up and stop being paranoid - what's the worst that can happen? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm not hip enough

I'm going to make it my mission this weekend to find some.. I know plenty of people that smoke weed, but I haven't ever found it in me to ask if I could try some, or moreso ask them where I could get some.. (:o:).

I don't want to fall into a stupid undercover trap by asking around for drugs.. (:eek:)

I guess I need to man-up and stop being paranoid - what's the worst that can happen? :woo:
    Just ask them dude. If you genuinely want to try it, and you're good friends with these peeps, they'll be dead excited to give you your first toke!

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Just ask them dude. If you genuinely want to try it, and you're good friends with these peeps, they'll be dead excited to give you your first toke!
    I'll probably kill them with that revelation LOL! :woo: I'm like dead against drugs, and then suddenly I want to join the group :yes:

I'm dead excited.. now I need to figure out who does what.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably kill them with that revelation LOL! :woo: I'm like dead against drugs, and then suddenly I want to join the group :yes:

I'm dead excited.. now I need to figure out who does what.. :cool:
    The number of people I've met who were dead against them, then befriended users and then tried them is ever increasing.

The media stigma is really OTT.

The number of people I've met who were dead against them, then befriended users and then tried them is ever increasing.

The media stigma is really OTT.
    I don't think I'll mind the actual drugs side :yes:. It's more the getting addicted, and it taking over my life. I think that's what turned me against it. I knew someone who was not into drugs etc, but then got hooked and became paranoid etc - it ruined his life.

But I think I could perhaps handle it? (Is it naive of me to say that?). :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll mind the actual drugs side :yes:. It's more the getting addicted, and it taking over my life. I think that's what turned me against it. I knew someone who was not into drugs etc, but then got hooked and became paranoid etc - it ruined his life.

But I think I could perhaps handle it? (Is it naive of me to say that?). :confused:
    As long as you have a measure of self control, and stay off the bad stuff, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I tried weed three times. Nothing like I expected. I thought I would act like the potheads on tv do. I hard a hard time walking though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diskoteck)
    It was mindblowing. The only thing you cant control at all is when the trip stops, which is from about 6-8 hours sometimes. It is an amazing experience, i've only ever had good trips so i cant exactly give an opinion on the negative side of the drug - which im sure there is.

So do you think it would ok to take it in a small room, like with a few friends. Like you're not gonna go loopy and smash something up? None of them have done it before..?

^^^ Aimed at anyone that's done LSD btw.

As long as you have a measure of self control, and stay off the bad stuff, you'll be fine.
    So I tried some marijuana today :o:. I'm surprised how easy it was to come by :p:.

I know it's not the hardest of drugs, but it's incredibly soothing. I'm not joking when I say this, but before long, I was in a rather calm mood, and all my worries (not that I had many) soon disappeared!

Once the 'buzz' had worn off, I think I felt kind of worse then what I did before I started..

I don't think I like it though. It has a weird smell and I can't justify it for an hour or so of peace.

ReputationRep:
    Used to smoke a lot of Ganja when I was younger.

One of my so called friends decided to lace a spliff with something and give it to me... Once I came round and realised what he'd done I nocked him spark out and haven't touched any illegal drugs since. That was nearly 8 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    So I tried some marijuana today :o:. I'm surprised how easy it was to come by :p:.

I know it's not the hardest of drugs, but it's incredibly soothing. I'm not joking when I say this, but before long, I was in a rather calm mood, and all my worries (not that I had many) soon disappeared!

Once the 'buzz' had worn off, I think I felt kind of worse then what I did before I started..

I don't think I like it though. It has a weird smell and I can't justify it for an hour or so of peace.
    I'm not joking when I say I have a ganja delivery service...

There are all sorts of different buzzes from different types of weed. You can have full on highs, the giggles, alertness and a general ecstatic state of mind from the sativa side of weed. Indica weed is a more mellow, calming experience.

There's all sorts out there, it's as naturally varied as any other species of plant, so there's never just one kind of high really.

Just so you know...

Glad you had a good (ish) first time, and well done on not (reportedly) whiteying!

ReputationRep:

People who aren't mentally strong, addictive personality's, people who hide away, and wallow in self pity when they have a problem, should stay away.

Self control, the strength of mind to realise when to stop something, like not having that extra drink when your too drunk, just because you can.

If your like this, in moderation you should be ok, but this isn't gospel, different people react in different ways.

Good post, weighing the pros and cons up. This is what i mean about being mentally strong enough, you've experienced the good effects, but considered the down side. It's people who just concentrate on the benefits and ignore the downs that could end up in trouble.

Im the same with weighing things up, weed makes me paranoid, from one or two drags, when im with my closest friends. If it can do that to me, with the people i trust the most it isn't for me. So i stay well away.

On the other hand what people class as the harder ones, i can tolerate, when the softest one has the worse effect.

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried few different drugs here and there, paid my respects and been to Amsterdam a few times,,
    Im nor against nor for drugs in sense, self control however plays a big role and not letting drugs take over.
    Many things in my opinion are ok in moderation

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.