Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to buy some wristbands, but I'm not sure if I trust it, it looks a bit.. Cheap to be honest.

Feeling wary about putting in my card details.

PS I only want a couple, everywhere else I have looked so far sells them by the hundred.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.. Wristbands do look quite cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I agree.. Wristbands do look quite cheap.
    I'm buying awareness wristbands, for something quite personal to me. Not to wear as a fashion accessory

ReputationRep:
    Im sure its ok, just looks like they’ve got a bad web page designer.

if i were to set up a website to scam people out of their money, id do it with something more popular than wristbands.

If I was getting the charity ones I'd get them direct from the charity so I know they are getting my money. The charities don't get anything with copies.

ReputationRep:
    Wristbands were SOOOO 2007.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    I'm buying awareness wristbands, for something quite personal to me. Not to wear as a fashion accessory
    Then why not buy it from the actual charity website instead of a false one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Wristbands were SOOOO 2007.
    I realise they were "cool" ages ago, but I'm affected by this now, and as its is extremely rare, I figure even if a few people ask what my wristbands for, its increasing awareness.

(Original post by JCM89)
    If I was getting the charity ones I'd get them direct from the charity so I know they are getting my money. The charities don't get anything with copies.
    I can't find any ones from a charity for mine specifically, only for other related diseases, which I don't have, although I could get a general one, but then its a bit pointless

ReputationRep:
    Then why not buy it from the actual charity website instead of a false one?
    See post above..
    But also I have found an organisation rather than a charity for mine specifically, but its in America and I can't afford shipping for just a couple of wristbands.. And they look really cheesy, I'd rather a plain one than a zebra striped one.

ReputationRep:
    See post above..
    But also I have found an organisation rather than a charity for mine specifically, but its in America and I can't afford shipping for just a couple of wristbands.. And they look really cheesy, I'd rather a plain one than a zebra striped one.
    Well, why don't you just donate money to them instead?

I dont see the point in having a wristband.

ReputationRep:
    I realise they were "cool" ages ago, but I'm affected by this now, and as its is extremely rare, I figure even if a few people ask what my wristbands for, its increasing awareness.
    I know, I wasn't being serious.

ReputationRep:
    Not since 2000.

ReputationRep:
    If you are wary about it then go with your gut instinct and don't do it...

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the point in having a wristband.
    To stop your wrist growth getting out of control

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.