Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was with this guy a while ago and we split up... i split with him and wouldnt give him a reason (first mistake) then we started seein each other again and he wanted to get bk together and i didn't for various reasons.. so he stopped speaking to me. Most recently he started talkin to me again.. and i want him back, weve been seeing each other but he's now saying he doesn't want a gf and that I let him down too many times. urgh. any suggestions? I know this is my fault.

ReputationRep:
    Just stop seeing him. That relationship sounds like it's doomed to fail anyway if you guys are going back and forth and he BLAMES you for letting him down so many times. That's quite selfish and unforgiving.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're the idiot to be honest, mainly because you couldn't make your mind what you wanted. I'd have done the exact same thing as him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bbeben)
    Just stop seeing him. That relationship sounds like it's doomed to fail anyway if you guys are going back and forth and he BLAMES you for letting him down so many times. That's quite selfish and unforgiving.
    Why? She dumped him for no reason, turned him down the next time and now she wants him? How many chances does she need? She's messing with his head.

ReputationRep:
    You sound so dreamy. How does a guy go about finding a girl like you?

ReputationRep:
    Move on? Why6 put yourself through all this stress for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Why? She dumped him for no reason, turned him down the next time and now she wants him? How many chances does she need? She's messing with his head.
    They're both wrong for going back and forth leaving one person hanging and alternating. Both of them should be open minded. In the end it looks like a relationship that will fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    You sound so dreamy. How does a guy go about finding a girl like you?
    Anywhere on the street or in the park probably.

ReputationRep:
    They're both wrong for going back and forth leaving one person hanging and alternating. Both of them should be open minded. In the end it looks like a relationship that will fail.
    Well if he genuinely liked her you can understand he might be the driving force wanting to be together.

The fact she is upset because he doesn't want to be with her, calling him an idiot is a joke considering how he was treated. The OP is only reaping what she's sown. Welcome to the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Well if he genuinely liked her you can understand he might be the driving force wanting to be together.

The fact she is upset because he doesn't want to be with her, calling him an idiot is a joke considering how he was treated. The OP is only reaping what she's sown. Welcome to the real world.
    Or perhaps she is calling herself the idiot? "What an idiot" does not necessarily have to mean the guy.

The guy does look like the driving force of the relationship and the girl very in the wrong for declining him repeatedly without a proper reason. On the contrary, he should realize a girl like her is unstable and not continue his persuit of having a relationship with her. But this story leaves many doors open and I'm sure there are many things that could change our mind unless the story is so shallow that whats written is actually what it is.

Too much analytical? haha

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps she is calling herself the idiot? "What an idiot" does not necessarily have to mean the guy.

The guy does look like the driving force of the relationship and the girl very in the wrong for declining him repeatedly without a proper reason. On the contrary, he should realize a girl like her is unstable and not continue his persuit of having a relationship with her. But this story leaves many doors open and I'm sure there are many things that could change our mind unless the story is so shallow that whats written is actually what it is.

Too much analytical? haha
    I agree. Girls like her aren't worth it. If it was me, I would have left it after the original break up as she'd had and blown her chance as far as I was concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Just move on. I think your indecision has convinced him not to go back in a serious relationship with you as you've already fooled him several times. All you can get now is a casual fling.

ReputationRep:
    well youve kinda messed him about a lot by the sound of things - do you really blame him - he just doesnt want you to do it to him again. you cant blame him can you.

ReputationRep:
    stop messing with his head and move on..it doesn't sound like it'l last even if you do get back together..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cyclical to me.

ReputationRep:
    Why throw yourself back into the mess? Whether the reason be stupid or not; you broke up for a reason. All that's going to happen if you get back together is that you'll realise why you broke up with him in the first place and it'll happen again. Move on and leave it alone, the only reason you probably want him is because you're not with him - things will change if you get back together again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.