Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need a new mascara, a decent one.

What ones do you people have? Whuch do you think are the best?

I don't get waterproof ones, they're to hard to wash off I had a great Lancome one, but it was a gift, so I didn't have to pay :p:, so will no doubt be downgrading this time, in price anway . Anything up to about £15 maybe, but suggest whatever :rolleyes:

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Max Factor and No7 have some of the best mascaras around that aren't designer IMO.
    Currently using False Lash Effect but I would go for Masterpiece as I preferred that one. No7's Lash 360 is great as is the lengthening one with the green comb in the bronze tube.
    Some Maybelline mascaras are good - Stilletto is absolutely crap. I've heard good things about Collosal so maybe worth trying that.
    L'Oreal produce pretty good mascaras.

ReputationRep:
    Collosal is meant to be amazing. I currently use Maxfactor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Look. Its pretty good but can come out quite clumpy sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    rimmel sexy curves mascara for long / curled lashes
    no7 thick lash mascara for thick lashes

ReputationRep:
    benefit bad girl, so good and not clumpy so lots of length without it looking horrible.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Benefit Bad Gal = overrated and overpriced. Someone just got suckered.

As for me, my favourite one ever is by Versace but it can be quite difficult to get.
    I also really love Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes, Rimmel's Sexy Curves, and Stila's waterproof mascara.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    I need a new mascara, a decent one.

What ones do you people have? Whuch do you think are the best?

I don't get waterproof ones, they're to hard to wash off I had a great Lancome one, but it was a gift, so I didn't have to pay :p:, so will no doubt be downgrading this time, in price anway . Anything up to about £15 maybe, but suggest whatever :rolleyes:

Thankyou
    YSL Faux Cils is amazing!
    Other options include Diorshow black (but it smudges easily), Badgal, anything from Lancome.
    BTW tip: You can use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to remove waterproof mascara. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    diorshow..

ReputationRep:
    I really like the new L'Oreal Telescopic one in the black and red packaging. And the Max Factor False Lash Effect one. Also, Bourjois do one in a black and pink tube that I can't remember the name of, that's pretty good too.

(Original post by Angelil)
    ^^ Benefit Bad Gal = overrated and overpriced. Someone just got suckered.
    I thought that to begin with but it's sort of growing on me. It's good if you've got a great mascara that gives you length, but not enough volume, put a coat of Bad Gal one over the top and it's awesome.

I wouldn't buy it again, or to use on it's own though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reastle1)
    benefit bad girl, so good and not clumpy so lots of length without it looking horrible.
    this this this

ReputationRep:
    MAC Zoom Lash, amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Im quite happy with my Chanel Inimitable..dunno how much it cost but its really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FstandsforFina)
    YSL Faux Cils is amazing!
    Other options include Diorshow black (but it smudges easily), Badgal, anything from Lancome.
    BTW tip: You can use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to remove waterproof mascara. :yes:
    Thanks for the tip! I have such a hard time removing my waterproof Max Factor Falsh Lash Effect (I wouldn't have bought waterproof normally, it was a gift.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I really like the new L'Oreal Telescopic one in the black and red packaging. And the Max Factor False Lash Effect one. Also, Bourjois do one in a black and pink tube that I can't remember the name of, that's pretty good too.

I thought that to begin with but it's sort of growing on me. It's good if you've got a great mascara that gives you length, but not enough volume, put a coat of Bad Gal one over the top and it's awesome.

I wouldn't buy it again, or to use on it's own though :p:
    Exactly this, I got that same free sample as you I think, and at first thought it was complete pants...I just tried it again and it actually seemed pretty decent, gave me quite a lot of length without being clumpy. Still think it's overpriced though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how people spend so much on mascara :p: I'm actually in love with Boots' Natural Collection mascara. £2, and I think it's actually awesome. Totally underrated - even my make up obsessed best friend agrees it's pretty amazing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've used loads but I still like Maybelline's Volum Xpress or whatever it's called. Rimmel's GlamEyes are OKAY, not the best. And yeah, Benefit's BadGal is overrated.

(Original post by psychocustard)
    I don't get how people spend so much on mascara :p: I'm actually in love with Boots' Natural Collection mascara. £2, and I think it's actually awesome. Totally underrated - even my make up obsessed best friend agrees it's pretty amazing :yep:
    I agree! I've currently got the lashcurl one in brown :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd read this thread before buying a new mascara this morning!

Also, have to agree with the people that have said Benefit's is overpriced and overrated!

ReputationRep:
    I love Shieshiedo (sp?). It's kind of expensive but it's lasted for years without drying up and it gives delicate, shiny soft and fluttery black lashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daya)
    I love Shieshiedo (sp?). It's kind of expensive but it's lasted for years without drying up and it gives delicate, shiny soft and fluttery black lashes.
    aren't you meant to replace your make up every six months? or is that just a myth i heard?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.