Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty self-evident that we all live in a seriously messed up world. But in some respects at least things have improved over the past century. So out of all these problems which do you think will get better, and which worse by say the year 2100?

Overpopulation
    Obesity
    Disease
    Poverty
    War and conflict
    Global warming
    The energy crisis
    Lack of food and water
    Lack of education
    Lack of healthcare
    Lack of fair government
    Lack of freedom
    Depression and general unhappiness
    Pollution
    Lack of social mobility

Feel free to comment on any problems I may have forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackmb)
    It's pretty self-evident that we all live in a seriously messed up world. But in some respects at least things have improved over the past century. So out of all these problems which do you think will get better, and which worse by say the year 2100?

Overpopulation
    Obesity
    Disease
    Poverty
    War and conflict
    Global warming
    The energy crisis
    Lack of food and water
    Lack of education
    Lack of healthcare
    Lack of fair government
    Lack of freedom
    Depression and general unhappiness
    Pollution
    Lack of social mobility

Feel free to comment on any problems I may have forgotten.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8164624.stm

19th Line down... "...the gap between rich and poor is growing deeper."

Kinda scary if you ask me, but personally I think the problems of the world are growing deeper and worser due to individualied thoughts of freedom and hence increased competition in a society.

Then again, there are those that say Media technology has improved over the years and were just hearing more about what's happening in the world around us. And it's been on the same level ever since.

ReputationRep:
    All worse.

We're all DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's horrible to say but it will probably be all worse by a longshot.

The world is ran by greedy people and when this is the case..... there's not much when you can do when this is the way it has been for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, personally I think the world is much better now than in the past; but maybe that's a sign of too much self-interest. The UK is, at least.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.